Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Disgraceful scenes as Rangers fans riot

Sun May 16, 2021 11:39 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ebrations/
Absolutely disgraceful scenes from Glasgow. They 're supposed to be celebrating and, yet again, they've turned to violence. Scummiest supporters in the UK?

Re: Disgraceful scenes as Rangers fans riot

Sun May 16, 2021 12:07 pm

bill22322 wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14971191/rangers-fans-fight-bottles-title-celebrations/
Absolutely disgraceful scenes from Glasgow. They 're supposed to be celebrating and, yet again, they've turned to violence. Scummiest supporters in the UK?

Notwithstanding that some Glasgow Rangers so-called 'fans' let themselves and their club down badly, it's not unnoticed you only ever come on this Forum when some kind of negativity is involved and you rarely talk positively :roll:

Sun May 16, 2021 12:59 pm

bill22322 wrote:Scummiest supporters in the UK?

I'm afraid that title goes to their Glasgow rivals.

Sun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

bill22322 wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14971191/rangers-fans-fight-bottles-title-celebrations/

Bwhahahahaha

Sun May 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Celtic fan ?

Sun May 16, 2021 2:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Both of them are pretty awful and always involved in some type of nastiness.

Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 pm

The same Police force who stood by and allowed a mob to free two illegal immigrants from an immigration van on Friday, kettled football fans on Saturday and got a bad reaction. Not condoning any of the idiots fighting with the police but put a large group of
people, from any city, on the gear and the piss together and some will act like dicks.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 pm

There are quite a few city people that for some reason support them... it’s like Liverpool just don’t get why supporting such wkers would appeal....

Sun May 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Another horrible club. Obsessed with religion, race and politics anything bar football this is why they attract morons. I feel sorry for the genuine fans.

Sun May 16, 2021 5:02 pm

A lot of Rangers fans I’ve met are good guys.. good mate of mines a Celtic fan, biggest problem is understanding what he’s on aboot.. then again, I can’t understand half of Merthyr :P

Could say all Cardiff fans are w*****rs with our track record.. fans of some clubs do

Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm

I thought footy fans loved a large crowd , some ranting and chanting , and the odd kick off off incident.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 pm

"We are the people" laughable the inbreds came out of their cages just like they did in Manchester all those years ago attacking the police ...cannot make it up !!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 7:17 am

Jimmy Scoular wrote:"We are the people" laughable the inbreds came out of their cages just like they did in Manchester all those years ago attacking the police ...cannot make it up !!!!!

Manchester 200,000 Rangers Fans 39 arrested, there was more Man U fans arrested from an away support of 5,000 in Glasgow but that never made the news. I could mention numerous incidents involving your beloved celtic fans but I find petty point scoring tedious, you crack on demonising an entire support because of the behavior of a very small minority. By the way Cardiff Fans are no angels.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I think you are right but it close.

Glasgow is a very, very dodgy place. Massive contrast to Edinburgh.

Tue May 18, 2021 6:52 am

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Used to be but not a violent city anymore, murder rate down by two thirds.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:16 am

Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Because they were classed as Covid deaths probably.

I have met many Scottish people in my time in the RAF. Very rarely meet a bad one.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:54 am

maccydee wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Because they were classed as Covid deaths probably. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have met many Scottish people in my time in the RAF. Very rarely meet a bad one.

The drop was pre Covid ya maniac :lol:

Tue May 18, 2021 10:22 am

Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Glasgow is a great city and the people there are friendly with some of the best pubs in Britain, Grant arms, Denholms, The Park Lane, top notch pubs.

Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 pm

frazier wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Glasgow is a great city and the people there are friendly with some of the best pubs in Britain, Grant arms, Denholms, The Park Lane, top notch pubs.
Last edited by Jock on Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 pm

frazier wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Next time you’re up check out Ashton Lane mate , round corner from Hillhead Underground Station, some really good boozers round there

Tue May 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Jock wrote:
frazier wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Next time you’re up check out Ashton Lane mate , round corner from Hillhead Underground Station, some really good boozers round there

Cheers Jock, will have a look when we're up there next, great city for a weekend on the lash, knocks spots of Edinburgh.

Sat May 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Glasgow is a wonderful city as one great Glaswegian journaist once said too many catholics and too many protestants too few chistians !!

Sun May 23, 2021 10:06 am

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Glasgow is a wonderful city as one great Glaswegian journaist once said too many catholics and too many protestants too few chistians !!

You’re stuck in the 1960s, Scotland is no more religious than Wales or England, you’re confusing tribalism with sectarianism.

Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 pm

Jock wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:"We are the people" laughable the inbreds came out of their cages just like they did in Manchester all those years ago attacking the police ...cannot make it up !!!!!

Manchester 200,000 Rangers Fans 39 arrested, there was more Man U fans arrested from an away support of 5,000 in Glasgow but that never made the news. I could mention numerous incidents involving your beloved celtic fans but I find petty point scoring tedious, you crack on demonising an entire support because of the behavior of a very small minority. By the way Cardiff Fans are no angels.

"By the way cardiff fans are no angels" isnt that doing what you are doing ? (Demonising the entire support)

Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Jock wrote:

"By the way cardiff fans are no angels" isnt that doing what you are doing ? (Demonising the entire support)

Fair point

Sun May 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Jock wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:Glasgow is a wonderful city as one great Glaswegian journaist once said too many catholics and too many protestants too few chistians !!

You’re stuck in the 1960s, Scotland is no more religious than Wales or England, you’re confusing tribalism with sectarianism.

I thought Glasgow was still quite divided over religion.

Certainly Celtic fans seem to bring it up quite a bit.

Sun May 23, 2021 6:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
Jock wrote:

It is, starts in the school system for both sides of the divide.

Mon May 24, 2021 9:14 am

maccydee wrote:
Jock wrote:

Pretend religion, very few from either side attend church and the issues have nothing to do with theology, like the split between Sunni and Shia in Islam. However we have a thriving anti sectarian industry in Scotland (think all the anti racist groups in Wales) so they have to keep finding religious discrimination or they don’t get funding.

Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 pm

Useless parasites mainly jock.. join a protest organisation because they failed at everything else in life.
On Cardiff fans enjoying a punch up, if I’m honest, we used to look forward to that more than anything else.. and a lot of the support was the same

Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 pm

There should be no denominational schools period. Seperation leads to suspicion and inward looking philosophies which have no place in modern society This will take a long time no doubt.