Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Championship second legs today " EFL play-offs "

Sat May 22, 2021 2:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Early goal for Sunderland which they needed.

Lead 1-0 on the day but still 2-1 down on aggregate.

Game very much on and Lincoln looking a little rattled...

Another enjoyable watch and it seems they've done the smart thing and left the boring game 'til nearer bedtime... ;) :lol:

Sat May 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Sunderland now lead 2-0.

Level on aggregate.

Sat May 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Sven wrote:

Another enjoyable watch and it seems they've done the smart thing and left the boring game 'til nearer bedtime... ;) :lol:

Exactly :lol:

Sat May 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Sven wrote:

And Sunderland take it to all square before half-time...

Game most certainly on now...

LATEST SCORE: SUNDERLAND 2 - 0 LINCOLN CITY
AGGREGATE 2 - 2

Sat May 22, 2021 3:48 pm

2-1 now.

A good header from a corner.

Lincoln lead 3-2 on aggregate.

Sat May 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Lincoln have just had a penalty.

But the goalkeeper saved Grant's penalty.

Sat May 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Lincoln have a pen saved, decent save too

Sat May 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Still 2-1 on the day with about ten minutes to go.

Lincoln holding on to their 3-2 aggregate lead, but have had several chances to put the tie beyond doubt.

No away goal rule in the play offs so a Sunderland goal will send it to extra time.

Sat May 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Another good game to be fair and either side might have come away with the spoils...

Congratulations to Lincoln City, who are now on their way to Wembley :clap:

FINAL SCORE: SUNDERLAND 2 - 1 LINCOLN CITY
AGGREGATE: 2 - 3

Sat May 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Sunderland win 2-1 on the day.

Lincoln win 3-2 on aggregate.

Blackpool v Lincoln in the League One play-off final next Sunday.

Sat May 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Barnsley are playing someone next at 6.30pm.

Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Barnsley are playing someone next at 6.30pm.

Nothing of note to report, so an early night for us, Ned... ;) :lol:

Seriously, I think we will see a reaction from Barnsley and I hope a Swansea side playing in front of the May Hill Mob will be intent on defending their slender lead...

Swansea have to be favourites at home but that in itself can bring problems in front of a fickle crowd...

Sat May 22, 2021 5:46 pm

After the last game I'm falling asleep with this one.

Sat May 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:After the last game I'm falling asleep with this one.

Been same all season so no surprise it's a bit slow.. :D

Sat May 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Typical swansea goal one shot after 40mins 1 goal! Poor punch by keeper.. but good goal all the same

Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Halftime 1-0 may as well turn lights off and go home now boring game only going to get more boring like most season watching them play..... :old:

Sat May 22, 2021 6:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Halftime 1-0 may as well turn lights off and go home now boring game only going to get more boring like most season watching them play..... :old:

So glad it eats away at you, your hatred is all consuming, you should be used to boring football as a Cardiff supporter, and i have to thank you for your support by watching us all season, so thanks

Sat May 22, 2021 6:52 pm

dantheswansman wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Halftime 1-0 may as well turn lights off and go home now boring game only going to get more boring like most season watching them play..... :old:

So glad it eats away at you, your hatred is all consuming, you should be used to boring football as a Cardiff supporter, and i have to thank you for your support by watching us all season, so thanks

Nah your deluded if think it eats away at me! I have a reason to watch them not like you who never watched them.. otherwise you know what i said is true your at home 1 shot on target and no interest from start game to do anything other than pass backwards or sideways... take look at all games in play offs and your games have been the most boring.. anyway thanks for supporting this forum but thought you'd be at game but I forgot you dont watch Swansea you come on here instead.... :thumbup:

Sat May 22, 2021 6:59 pm

1-1

Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 pm

Swansea may have done us a favour. Now let's get Mowatt

Sat May 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Well the playoff final is between the 3rd & 4th place club which is as it should be in my opinion.

Barnsley are a hard working team who give it everything but you have to say they struggle with technical ability in that respect Swansea are in a different league.

The best side won and it has the look of a good playoff final.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 22, 2021 7:34 pm

The may hill midfield did a job on him today, but as I’ve said before get Mowatt

Sun May 23, 2021 8:21 am

dantheswansman wrote:

The thread title suggests that it’s chatting about the EFL playoffs. You’re involved so it’s part of the topic. Lots of Cardiff fans, me included, want you to come unstuck and not go up - exactly the same if the roles were reversed. No big deal really. The only strange thing is that you’ve decided to come on here rather that chat with your own swans mates about your chances in the final. Very odd.

Sun May 23, 2021 9:31 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

The thread title suggests that it’s chatting about the EFL playoffs. You’re involved so it’s part of the topic. Lots of Cardiff fans, me included, want you to come unstuck and not go up - exactly the same if the roles were reversed. No big deal really. The only strange thing is that you’ve decided to come on here rather that chat with your own swans mates about your chances in the final. Very odd.

He cant read but there again hes confused as he as another name on here? but as you've noticed sent one response to myself which is normal and he can't handle logical responses so disappears again .... but your right we dont want them to succeed same as they wouldn't want us to succeed.. anyway its hone do its Newport tonight.

Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:

He cant read but there again hes confused as he as another name on here? but as you've noticed sent one response to myself which is normal and he can't handle logical responses so disappears again .... but your right we dont want them to succeed same as they wouldn't want us to succeed.. anyway its hone do its Newport tonight.

:thumbup:

Sun May 23, 2021 11:55 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Barnsley are playing someone next at 6.30pm.

Nothing of note to report, so an early night for us, Ned... ;) :lol:

Seriously, I think we will see a reaction from Barnsley and I hope a Swansea side playing in front of the May Hill Mob will be intent on defending their slender lead...

Swansea have to be favourites at home but that in itself can bring problems in front of a fickle crowd...

I didn't even watch it Chris :lol:

Morecambe just extended their lead against Tranmere in their second leg in League Two.

Sun May 23, 2021 12:09 pm

If we are confining ourselves to signing only Irish players I would not mind us getting Aidan McGeady now he is facing another season in league one.

Re: Last second legs today " EFL play-offs "

Sun May 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Morecambe and Tranmere draw 1-1.

Morecambe are into the League Two play-off final with a 3-2 aggregate win.

They will gave Newport or Forest Green, who play their second leg at 6.30pm.

Re: Last second legs today " EFL play-offs "

Sun May 23, 2021 1:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Morecambe and Tranmere draw 1-1.

Morecambe are into the League Two play-off final with a 3-2 aggregate win.

They will gave Newport or Forest Green, who play their second leg at 6.30pm.

Looking forward to this one, I'm not anti-County and would like to see them (and Wrexham) promoted; unlike the other Welsh club :thumbright:

Re: Newport second leg tonight " EFL play-offs "

Sun May 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Newport defenders have same problem as cameramen rain in their eyes? 2-0 rovers 2 goals in less than a minute....10mins gone.. :o