Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Allardyce has revealed

Mon May 17, 2021 6:11 am

Sam Allardyce has revealed he will make a final decision on his West Brom future in the next week.

The 66-year-old, who has an 18-month break-clause in his contract at The Hawthorns, met with the Baggies’ hierarchy on Wednesday to open talks about his future.

A deflated Allardyce, who saw his team relegated with defeat at Arsenal on Monday, told Sky Sports News: “I’ve not felt anything like this for forever long - since the 70s or 80s. But I have to accept what it is.

“A final decision will be made before the Leeds match. No decision has been made yet. There’s a lot to divulge. The problem is I can’t get my head around it all because I didn’t expect it when I took over.

“Have I considered what the Championship would be like? No. No. No. No. I don’t like talking about it and can’t yet. I cannot make a quick decision, but a decision will be made before the end of the season, so stop asking.

“We have Liverpool on Sunday and I’ve given the team the little goal of finishing above Fulham. I don’t want to lose anymore games. I’d be happy to draw all three because I don’t want that feeling again.”