PABLO HERNANDEZ ANYONE...?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Mon May 17, 2021 9:12 am

Looking like Leeds United are to release Pablo Hernandez at the end of the season

A seasoned professional, a forward thinking midfielder and could be a great acquisition for the Bluebirds

I know I'd be happy to see him here.. :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PABLO HERNANDEZ ANYONE...?

Postby Barclay1 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 am

Now that would be a very good start. Have no problem there!
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Scoularite » Mon May 17, 2021 9:43 am

Ideal skillset, but already 36 years of age, so too old for me.
Scoularite

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 am

Said elsewhere are we trying to reduce squad age?
Big Hill Blue

Postby Barclay1 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am

Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench
Barclay1

Postby skidemin » Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am

Barclay1 wrote:Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench

30k plus a week and a fee ?
skidemin

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 17, 2021 12:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench

No thanks !!!
Bluebina

Postby boyo1927 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:23 pm

No
boyo1927

Postby Barclay1 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:25 pm

skidemin wrote:

36 year old? Never get a pay packet like that at his age. Am sure OP says hes on a free.

Anyway, am sure there'll be plenty of other clubs ahead of us if we were interested. ( sadly)
Barclay1

Postby bluesince62 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Ffs! Are we reducing the age of the squad, or setting up a pensioners paradise?? Great player in his day, but a resounding no from me sorry! Will be looking for final payday, hopefully not here.
bluesince62

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Too old.
Big Hill Blue

Postby skidemin » Mon May 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

36 year old? Never get a pay packet like that at his age. Am sure OP says hes on a free.

Anyway, am sure there'll be plenty of other clubs ahead of us if we were interested. ( sadly)

he is under contract for another year..... but even if allowed to go on a free id imagine we would have to match his current wages.. reputedly 30k which sounds a bit steep but id imagine not peanuts.. but at 37 a huge gamble even at a third of that...
skidemin

Postby Sven » Mon May 17, 2021 11:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

he is under contract for another year..... but even if allowed to go on a free id imagine we would have to match his current wages.. reputedly 30k which sounds a bit steep but id imagine not peanuts.. but at 37 a huge gamble even at a third of that...

Hernandez has been rebuked by Bielsa for not accepting a substitution in good spirit and he will be offered an out at the end of this season...

For me, he would be a great addition to the squad and whether a loan or free teansfer would no longer break the bank, if the guy justvwants to play football, which it seems he does
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Hernandez has been rebuked by Bielsa for not accepting a substitution in good spirit and he will be offered an out at the end of this season...

For me, he would be a great addition to the squad and whether a loan or free teansfer would no longer break the bank, if the guy justvwants to play football, which it seems he does

depends what the out is.... are Leeds going to give him a golden hand shake to get rid as i dont see anyone stumping up to cover what he would lose during the last year of his contract..for someone his age and playing record { mostly non playing } this season.... its not the same but a bit similar to the Tomlin situ here....
skidemin

Return to General Chat