Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PABLO HERNANDEZ ANYONE...?

Mon May 17, 2021 9:12 am

Looking like Leeds United are to release Pablo Hernandez at the end of the season

A seasoned professional, a forward thinking midfielder and could be a great acquisition for the Bluebirds

I know I'd be happy to see him here.. :ayatollah:

Re: PABLO HERNANDEZ ANYONE...?

Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 am

Now that would be a very good start. Have no problem there!

Mon May 17, 2021 9:43 am

Ideal skillset, but already 36 years of age, so too old for me.

Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 am

Said elsewhere are we trying to reduce squad age?

Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am

Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench

Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am

Barclay1 wrote:Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench

30k plus a week and a fee ?

Mon May 17, 2021 12:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Didnt realise he was that old. Still a decent sauad player who wouldnt cost much in wages, and would offer alternatives off the bench

No thanks !!!

Mon May 17, 2021 1:23 pm

No

Mon May 17, 2021 1:25 pm

skidemin wrote:

36 year old? Never get a pay packet like that at his age. Am sure OP says hes on a free.

Anyway, am sure there'll be plenty of other clubs ahead of us if we were interested. ( sadly)

Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Ffs! Are we reducing the age of the squad, or setting up a pensioners paradise?? Great player in his day, but a resounding no from me sorry! Will be looking for final payday, hopefully not here.

Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Too old.

Mon May 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

36 year old? Never get a pay packet like that at his age. Am sure OP says hes on a free.

Anyway, am sure there'll be plenty of other clubs ahead of us if we were interested. ( sadly)

he is under contract for another year..... but even if allowed to go on a free id imagine we would have to match his current wages.. reputedly 30k which sounds a bit steep but id imagine not peanuts.. but at 37 a huge gamble even at a third of that...

Mon May 17, 2021 11:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

he is under contract for another year..... but even if allowed to go on a free id imagine we would have to match his current wages.. reputedly 30k which sounds a bit steep but id imagine not peanuts.. but at 37 a huge gamble even at a third of that...

Hernandez has been rebuked by Bielsa for not accepting a substitution in good spirit and he will be offered an out at the end of this season...

For me, he would be a great addition to the squad and whether a loan or free teansfer would no longer break the bank, if the guy justvwants to play football, which it seems he does

Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Hernandez has been rebuked by Bielsa for not accepting a substitution in good spirit and he will be offered an out at the end of this season...

For me, he would be a great addition to the squad and whether a loan or free teansfer would no longer break the bank, if the guy justvwants to play football, which it seems he does

depends what the out is.... are Leeds going to give him a golden hand shake to get rid as i dont see anyone stumping up to cover what he would lose during the last year of his contract..for someone his age and playing record { mostly non playing } this season.... its not the same but a bit similar to the Tomlin situ here....