Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone booked an overseas holiday?

Mon May 17, 2021 11:34 am

Watching the news this morning put me off, queues tests more tests more queues!

Although this weather is terrible, I'll wait and see how things pan out?

Re: Anyone booked an overseas holiday?

Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

If I was anyone in this country i would wait another year or 2 for the rest of the world to be vaccinated and become a safer world to travel to. The UK is the safest country in the world thanks to our vaccines so why go on holiday when everything you want is here. OK our weather is not great at the moment but give it a few more weeks or months then it will get warmer as we enter the summer months.

Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Wouldn't go to Europe if payed me for this year at least! Go on hols to relax and chill not be stuck in ques tests and whatever else restrictions employed at destination... got my favourite destination booked for November ... :mrgreen:

Mon May 17, 2021 3:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wouldn't go to Europe if payed me for this year at least! Go on hols to relax and chill not be stuck in ques tests and whatever else restrictions employed at destination... got my favourite destination booked for November ... :mrgreen:

Booked a holiday in November Canary Islands. Reckon even the Europeans will have done most of the population by November paticularly on the tourist islands. In the meantime doing Anglsey in June. Nice place if the weather is ok but it isn't always.

Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Crayfish wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Wouldn't go to Europe if payed me for this year at least! Go on hols to relax and chill not be stuck in ques tests and whatever else restrictions employed at destination... got my favourite destination booked for November ... :mrgreen:

Booked a holiday in November Canary Islands. Reckon even the Europeans will have done most of the population by November paticularly on the tourist islands. In the meantime doing Anglsey in June. Nice place if the weather is ok but it isn't always.

I'm lucky go to Antigua or somewhere else in Caribbean over xmas but compromised this year after having to cancel twice ... but November in canary islands sounds about right time.. :thumbup:

Mon May 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:If I was anyone in this country i would wait another year or 2 for the rest of the world to be vaccinated and become a safer world to travel to. The UK is the safest country in the world thanks to our vaccines so why go on holiday when everything you want is here. OK our weather is not great at the moment but give it a few more weeks or months then it will get warmer as we enter the summer months.

"Everything you need is here" come on Sam,lol.a few more months and its autumn again.

Mon May 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Crayfish wrote:

Lets hope if it all goes to plan and 90% of people take the vaccine the UK and most of Europe could look a much different place come November?

I am keen to book something later in the year if we can, but I am going to wait for a while as see what happens, it's the testing and hassle that's putting me off?

Mon May 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Not a chance. Love a few overseas holidays every year BUT no way am I potentially exposing my Mrs and my young lad to the unregulated, uninformed, unmonitored, yadda yadda yadda.

Cornwall for us.

Mon May 17, 2021 5:47 pm

I usually go abroad 3 times a year. A cruise a week somewhere and a long weekend . But this year not risking it . Ive booked a week in the west country and a week in west Wales . I'm not sure about these as I'm still quite worried it'll all go tits up again .

Mon May 17, 2021 6:52 pm

Covid not finished yet,there will be a third lockdown,most prob around late august

Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 pm

Tanzania next week :thumbright:

Mon May 17, 2021 7:51 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:If I was anyone in this country i would wait another year or 2 for the rest of the world to be vaccinated and become a safer world to travel to. The UK is the safest country in the world thanks to our vaccines so why go on holiday when everything you want is here. OK our weather is not great at the moment but give it a few more weeks or months then it will get warmer as we enter the summer months.

"Everything you need is here" come on Sam,lol.a few more months and its autumn again.

The UK is still thanks to the vaccination progress the safest place in the world at the moment.

Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Booked and paid up for Baku although it wouldn't surprise me the whole thing gets axed, even at this stage.

Mon May 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Booked for Corfu early August and can’t wait for it.

Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:Watching the news this morning put me off, queues tests more tests more queues!

Although this weather is terrible, I'll wait and see how things pan out?

B£ue £agoon is off to Florida now he has had his second jab, apparently...

Clearly, no one has told him that particular corridor is still closed but in his defence, everywhere he looks he sees green; either of the filthy luker kind or just plain jealousy... :sick:

Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Booked for Corfu early August and can’t wait for it.

Andrew, fingers crossed for you... :thumbup:

As you know, our mutual friend and myself have, like you and others, had to cancel several trips over the pond in the last 15 months at some expense but if the specific area of travel is open to me (waiting for the official announcement) I will be there this autumn; Drakeford willing or not :thumbright:

Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 am

epping blue wrote:Booked and paid up for Baku although it wouldn't surprise me the whole thing gets axed, even at this stage.

I hope you get there mate. If you haven't been before it is a real eye opener.

The locals are some of the most genuine I have ever come across. Not as cheap as it used to be but boy they know how to party. A total mix of ethnicities which makes the culture absolutely brilliant.

Fingers crossed for you. :bluebird:

Tue May 18, 2021 6:11 am

Sven wrote:

As you know, our mutual friend and myself have, like you and others, had to cancel several trips over the pond in the last 15 months at some expense but if the specific area of travel is open to me (waiting for the official announcement) I will be there this autumn; Drakeford willing or not :thumbright:

Chris, it’ll have to be a green light destination but I’ve heard that Greece are sorting the islands first to get tourism going again.
MD is being as vague as ever saying that whereas he can’t stop anyone going abroad, he’d rather them stay in Wales - now there’s a surprise!
Chris, My personal view is that there will still be infections and maybe the odd rise here and there but once the vast majority have been vaccinated then serious illness / hospitalisation and mortality rate will be driven right down. Won’t stop the scaremongering from some including the likes of the BBC though. Apologies to everyone for positive outlook. :thumbup:

Tue May 18, 2021 6:31 am

f**k the Covid Kevin’s and the frightened little rabbits.

I managed to get to Portugal last September and had a great time.
I normally travel abroad 6 times a year but I’ve 2 booked so far this year and I’ll be off other places when I can.
If the flights are going I’ll be on them.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:f**k the Covid Kevin’s and the frightened little rabbits.

I normally travel abroad 6 times a year but I’ve 2 booked so far this year and I’ll be off other places when I can.

One of the papers said the EU will be allowing UK residents with vaccination passports in without tests, so that might make it a bit easier?

Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:f**k the Covid Kevin’s and the frightened little rabbits.

Paul, we're on the same page on this one (again) :thumbup:

Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, it’ll have to be a green light destination but I’ve heard that Greece are sorting the islands first to get tourism going again.
MD is being as vague as ever saying that whereas he can’t stop anyone going abroad, he’d rather them stay in Wales - now there’s a surprise!
Chris, My personal view is that there will still be infections and maybe the odd rise here and there but once the vast majority have been vaccinated then serious illness / hospitalisation and mortality rate will be driven right down. Won’t stop the scaremongering from some including the likes of the BBC though. Apologies to everyone for positive outlook. :thumbup:

Mate, we are at a stage where things have to open up again in all industries, travel being one of them where 'safe' to do so

What constitutes 'safe' is clearly up for debate but as you say, the vast majority in this and an increasing number of countries is driving rates down significantly

Go 'green' and Bon Voyage... :D

Tue May 18, 2021 10:03 am

epping blue wrote:Booked and paid up for Baku although it wouldn't surprise me the whole thing gets axed, even at this stage.

Have you factored in your 10day isolation when return ?

Tue May 18, 2021 10:03 am

Going to Maldives at end of January This has been carried over from a holiday on March that never went ahead I still have my doubts if it will go ahead even now

Tue May 18, 2021 10:42 am

Even though my Mrs is lucky enough to work from home, they've all been told that any holiday abroad will also mean 2 weeks isolation on return, must also be taken as annual leave!?

Even though home worker.

Tue May 18, 2021 11:57 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:Even though my Mrs is lucky enough to work from home, they've all been told that any holiday abroad will also mean 2 weeks isolation on return, must also be taken as annual leave!?

Even though home worker.

Thats a nonsense in fairness, as if the government says a country is green, then NO isolation is required,I would imagine she could challenge that company's decision, as even in amber, its ten days only,not 2 weeks!

Tue May 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Maye, we are at a stage where things have to open up again in all industries, travel being one of them where 'safe' to do so

What constitutes 'safe' is clearly up for debate but as you say, the vast majority in this and an increasing number of countries is driving rates down significantly

Go 'green' and Bon Voyage... :D

Cheers mate. I’ll send you a postcard :thumbup:

Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Even though my Mrs is lucky enough to work from home, they've all been told that any holiday abroad will also mean 2 weeks isolation on return, must also be taken as annual leave!?

Even though home worker.

Thats a nonsense in fairness, as if the government says a country is green, then NO isolation is required,I would imagine she could challenge that company's decision, as even in amber, its ten days only,not 2 weeks!

It's crazy really. Working from home all the time YET has to take extra annual leave on return to comply with regulations??!?

Tue May 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Even though home worker.

It's crazy really. Working from home all the time YET has to take extra annual leave on return to comply with regulations??!?

Can you quote said Regulations...? :thumbright:

Sounds moe like a 'local rule' as surely the UK Government sets the Rules and Regulations on Covid travel? :?

Tue May 18, 2021 12:30 pm

Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Even though home worker.

Can you quote said Regulations...? :thumbright:

Sounds moe like a 'local rule' as surely the UK Government sets the Rules and Regulations on Covid travel? :?

Perhaps regulation is the wrong word. What I'm confused about is if anyone from her company travels abroad they've been instructed to take 2 weeks annual leave on return even though they all work from home...