Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone booked an overseas holiday?

Tue May 18, 2021 1:47 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
epping blue wrote:Booked and paid up for Baku although it wouldn't surprise me the whole thing gets axed, even at this stage.

I hope you get there mate. If you haven't been before it is a real eye opener.

The locals are some of the most genuine I have ever come across. Not as cheap as it used to be but boy they know how to party. A total mix of ethnicities which makes the culture absolutely brilliant.

Fingers crossed for you. :bluebird:

I went 2019 and to be honest didn't like it. Much preferred Tbilisi.

Tue May 18, 2021 1:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
epping blue wrote:Booked and paid up for Baku although it wouldn't surprise me the whole thing gets axed, even at this stage.

Have you factored in your 10day isolation when return ?

Mainly work from home so hoping I get by with no site issues for a couple of weeks.

Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Even though my Mrs is lucky enough to work from home, they've all been told that any holiday abroad will also mean 2 weeks isolation on return, must also be taken as annual leave!?

Even though home worker.

That's harsh you can't catch it from a zoom!!

Probably more of a tactical decision, they don't want staff at risk of catching covid 19 and potentially going sick for, weeks, months or years!

Tue May 18, 2021 2:02 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Even though my Mrs is lucky enough to work from home, they've all been told that any holiday abroad will also mean 2 weeks isolation on return, must also be taken as annual leave!?

Even though home worker.

Thats a nonsense in fairness, as if the government says a country is green, then NO isolation is required,I would imagine she could challenge that company's decision, as even in amber, its ten days only,not 2 weeks!

It's crazy really. Working from home all the time YET has to take extra annual leave on return to comply with regulations??!?

Can you quote said Regulations...? :thumbright:

Sounds moe like a 'local rule' as surely the UK Government sets the Rules and Regulations on Covid travel? :?

Perhaps regulation is the wrong word. What I'm confused about is if anyone from her company travels abroad they've been instructed to take 2 weeks annual leave on return even though they all work from home...

That's definitely odd (particularly if working from home) and I'm confident it should only apply to amber routes

But in this day and age a bit of pressure from those at the top in some companies can often make a difference to anyone thinking of challenging

I hope you both get to go hassle free... :thumbup:

Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 pm

Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Even though home worker.

Thats a nonsense in fairness, as if the government says a country is green, then NO isolation is required,I would imagine she could challenge that company's decision, as even in amber, its ten days only,not 2 weeks!

It's crazy really. Working from home all the time YET has to take extra annual leave on return to comply with regulations??!?

Sounds moe like a 'local rule' as surely the UK Government sets the Rules and Regulations on Covid travel? :?

Perhaps regulation is the wrong word. What I'm confused about is if anyone from her company travels abroad they've been instructed to take 2 weeks annual leave on return even though they all work from home...

That's definitely odd (particularly if working from home) and I'm confident it should only apply to amber routes

But in this day and age a bit of pressure from those at the top in some companies can often make a difference to anyone thinking of challenging

They are wrong that company it is only amber or red countries require isolation should question why need take A/L when gvmnt says dont have too.... sounds like company trying it on..... other thing is travel companies are basically saying if you are going to amber country you have to go as cant cancel... can transfer dates for holiday but must pay the difference which usually is higher as price 4 holidays going up especially next year ...

Tue May 18, 2021 7:42 pm

Watched the news early this morning interviewing a muppet, his wife and young son just starting their 2 week holiday in Portugal.

They summed everything up to me, he is a big Kiss fan and had been interviewed before and obviously liked it so much he couldn’t wait to be on telly again! His wife sat with her sun glasses on trying to hide her face and their young son (who must have skipped school to go) who can’t have been in school a lot telling people to go.

They were to young to have any jabs but would have to take 3 tests each at £60 a pop each. These are the people who if they become stranded will moan at the govt for abandoning them.

The culture of people wanting to be on telly just to say they were the first to do something must grate on NHS.

Tue May 18, 2021 8:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Even though home worker.

They are wrong that company it is only amber or red countries require isolation should question why need take A/L when gvmnt says dont have too.... sounds like company trying it on..... other thing is travel companies are basically saying if you are going to amber country you have to go as cant cancel... can transfer dates for holiday but must pay the difference which usually is higher as price 4 holidays going up especially next year ...

Allan, I agree. There is definitely something sinister with any employer that makes a decision like that for green coded destinations

This transfer of holiday business is a clever move. You can pretty much guarantee prices will shoot up for next year and the difference between the original and new holiday will be substantial

I was lucky. I've had 5 flights to the same destination cancelled since the onset of Covid-19 and another one in July looking doubtful; but I have to say my usual provider, British Airways, have been superb to date

Tue May 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Even though home worker.

Allan, I agree. There is definitely something sinister with any employer that makes a decision like that for green coded destinations

This transfer of holiday business is a clever move. You can pretty much guarantee prices will shoot up for next year and the difference between the original and new holiday will be substantial

I was lucky. I've had 5 flights to the same destination cancelled since the onset of Covid-19 and another one in July looking doubtful; but I have to say my usual provider, British Airways, have been superb to date

Chris there is no honour left when it comes to trying to screw joe public whether at work or holidays ect just out to get what they can are companies ....... my xmas holiday cancelled twice no problem getting flights swapped now going November as cost to expensive xmas.... read one family of 4 were told to swap to next year (amber country) would cost additional £2k ! :o

Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Yup US hopefully in August

Tue May 18, 2021 10:36 pm

:sunny:

Wed May 19, 2021 8:51 am

Bluebina wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:f**k the Covid Kevin’s and the frightened little rabbits.

I managed to get to Portugal last September and had a great time.
I normally travel abroad 6 times a year but I’ve 2 booked so far this year and I’ll be off other places when I can.
If the flights are going I’ll be on them.

One of the papers said the EU will be allowing UK residents with vaccination passports in without tests, so that might make it a bit easier?

I got into Poland yesterday with my vaccination card. I travel on an EU passport but Brits allowed in without any issues after cheap and fast test on arrival. Its going back that is the problem at the moment.

Wed May 19, 2021 9:20 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:f**k the Covid Kevin’s and the frightened little rabbits.

I normally travel abroad 6 times a year but I’ve 2 booked so far this year and I’ll be off other places when I can.

One of the papers said the EU will be allowing UK residents with vaccination passports in without tests, so that might make it a bit easier?

I got into Poland yesterday with my vaccination card. I travel on an EU passport but Brits allowed in without any issues after cheap and fast test on arrival. Its going back that is the problem at the moment.

Did you require a PCR test before you flew or is that solely a requirement of the country your going to rather than a requirement of the airline ?

Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Did you require a PCR test before you flew or is that solely a requirement of the country your going to rather than a requirement of the airline ?

No mate - for Poland any test if flying from the Uk must be taken upon arrival unless you are fully vaccinated or travelling for work or transit. In those circumstances you are excused 10 day quarantine. I'm lucky that I am fully vaccinated and travelling on an EU passport so am absolved of any quarantines and/or tests. You do however have to fill out passenger locator forms which are collected on board the aircraft and they do a temperature test when you are boarding.

Wed May 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Watched the news early this morning interviewing a muppet, his wife and young son just starting their 2 week holiday in Portugal.

They summed everything up to me, he is a big Kiss fan and had been interviewed before and obviously liked it so much he couldn’t wait to be on telly again! His wife sat with her sun glasses on trying to hide her face and their young son (who must have skipped school to go) who can’t have been in school a lot telling people to go.

They were to young to have any jabs but would have to take 3 tests each at £60 a pop each. These are the people who if they become stranded will moan at the govt for abandoning them.

The culture of people wanting to be on telly just to say they were the first to do something must grate on NHS.

Seriously, why is he a muppet?
Green country = no problem. Are you saying nobody should go to 'green' countries?

Wed May 19, 2021 11:26 pm

NO .