Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: It just does not add up?

Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We have been hit by the pandemic, but don't tell us we are in the same financial bracket as clubs who have been nowhere near the Premiership in recent years.

We should be one of a decent handful of clubs who SHOULD be able to spend a little more due to the Premier payments.

Gone on players and wages?? I think you'll find almost every club has bought players and paid wages and they've had nowhere near the money we have raked in over the last few years.

Exactly Lee :thumbright:

Mon May 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:If only we had some form of way to find out where the money goes. Something like accounts that are kept.

We will find out then.

Just enjoy the fact we aren’t in court constantly for unpaid debts risking being put out of business.

Actually Neil

Under Tan, we’ve had more court cases for debts and bills then any previous owners , Tan has lost everyone of them costing us £millions and guess what?

We still have 3 more ones to come and very serious.

Even Dalman said a few months ago if we lose two of these that’s it.

High court by HMRC looking to wind us up?

Mon May 17, 2021 8:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:If only we had some form of way to find out where the money goes. Something like accounts that are kept.

We will find out then.

Just enjoy the fact we aren’t in court constantly for unpaid debts risking being put out of business.

Actually Neil

Under Tan, we’ve had more court cases for debts and bills then any previous owners , Tan has lost everyone of them costing us £millions and guess what?

Take your pick we are doomed we cannot afford to pay anyone with the massive debts we have.... :thumbup:

Mon May 17, 2021 8:58 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We will find out then.

Actually Neil

But they never .

But Tan is costing us £millions extra with every court case and many more to come.

Who will be finally paying all this ?? ???

Mon May 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We will find out then.

Actually Neil

But they never .

But Tan is costing us £millions extra with every court case and many more to come.

Who will be finally paying all this ?? ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 448330.stm

Mon May 17, 2021 11:32 pm

Just a question...

Does this suggested £3m per month come directly from the owner's pocket or is it actually the monthly figure the Parachute Payments give us, which is somewhat coincidentally £3m...? :?

I only ask, as it is unclear and the Parachute Payments surely go to the owner before being redistributed back to the club (or not)?

As I said, it's just a question but a valid one IMHO, as £6m per month seems an awful lot to run our club; notwithstanding £3m is, too! :shock:

Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm

Sven wrote:Just a question...

Does this suggested £3m per month come directly from the owner's pocket or is it actually the monthly figure the Parachute Payments give us, which is somewhat coincidentally £3m...? :?

I only ask, as it is unclear and the Parachute Payments surely go to the owner before being redistributed back to the club (or not)?

As I said, it's just a question but a valid one IMHO, as £6m per month seems an awful lot to run our club; notwithstanding £3m is, too! :shock:

think it goes to the club as there could be multiple owners ?
i think its an awful lot too...... possible the parachute money comes in at the end of season and therefore its Tan covering it until its received..? just a guess but it does fit {identical amounts }

Tue May 18, 2021 5:35 am

skidemin wrote:

i think its an awful lot too...... possible the parachute money comes in at the end of season and therefore its Tan covering it until its received..? just a guess but it does fit {identical amounts }

The problem is Dalman keeps telling the media it’s Tans own money that goes in every month to
make everyone believe the club is losing it and Tan is funding our club.
They received £36mill last October.

Some of things said on here is right to ask. What have we done with nearly £500mill? ? ?

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 18, 2021 6:15 am

FAO Neil / Maccydee

As a big supporter / defender of Tan, could you explain why after over 11 years of running our club are we not debt free as promised? But worse than that we are in more debt than before Tan arrived?

Tue May 18, 2021 7:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:FAO Neil / Maccydee

As a big supporter / defender of Tan, could you explain why after over 11 years of running our club are we not debt free as promised? But worse than that we are in more debt than before Tan arrived?

I’m a supporter of my club.

Which Tan saved.

Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 am

Completely agree with post.
Owners have had years to ensure we spend what we can afford. Dalman is a kin to a politician and what he says and what materialises are not the same thing.

One thing that is patently missing from our revenue is the sale of players. For every fee we pay out we must only receive on back in.

We are evidently paying very good wages as players don't want to leave.

Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 am

maccydee wrote:

Which Tan saved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I support My club No matter what , turn up and matches no matter what result and renew my season ticket this coming season for the 50th consecutive season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: , But will fight for our true identity and also want to know where all the money has been going and all the false promises. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 18, 2021 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Which Tan saved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I support My club No matter what , turn up and matches no matter what result and renew my season ticket this coming season for the 50th consecutive season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: , But will fight for our true identity and also want to know where all the money has been going and all the false promises. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I wonder if other clubs and their fans have the same issues as us?

Transparency and regular contact would go a long way towards improving relations.

I understand that it is a business yet the lack of two way dialogue only causes uncertainty.

Other clubs have released their retained lists etc.

It seems we always keep our cards close to our chests for fear of gazumping etc. Where player wheeler dealing is concerned.

Do other fans get more regular updates on matters around their club?

It always seems a bit cloak and dagger.

:|

Tue May 18, 2021 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The problem is Dalman keeps telling the media it’s Tans own money that goes in every month to

Some of things said on here is right to ask. What have we done with nearly £500mill? ? ?

It's definitely an odd one and needs clarification, gents. Mehmet Cameron is surely 'spinning' figures to suit the needs of the man who pays his wages...?

I just find it oddly coincidental that the £3m per month mentioned equates to 1/12 of the £36m parachute payment

Skidemin, you may well be right on the 'end of season' payments and it would explain the owner having to pay that amount into the club every month

Either way, I just feel what is going out in one hand is coming back in the other, whick smacks of manipulation of the figures

Annis' figure of £500m in Premier League and Parachute Payments sounds about right and despite him (Tan) understandably wanting to scale back during these tough times, we should be in a reasonably good position; certainly in comparison to clubs who have not been in the Premier League

#VoteMehmet :laughing6:

Tue May 18, 2021 9:54 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It's definitely an odd one and needs clarification, gents. Mehmet Cameron is surely 'spinning' figures to suit the needs of the man who pays his wages...?

I just find it oddly coincidental that the £3m per month mentioned equates to 1/12 of the £36m parachute payment

Skidemin, you may well be right on the 'end of season' payments and it would explain the owner having to pay that amount into the club every month

Either way, I just feel what is going out in one hand is coming back in the other, whick smacks of manipulation of the figures

Annis' figure of £500m in Premier League and Parachute Payments sounds about right and despite him (Tan) understandably wanting to scale back during these tough times, we should be in a reasonably good position; certainly in comparison to clubs who have not been in the Premier League

Chris, as you know, I am straight talking and honest with it, I am not a spin merchant like Mehmet Cameron :thumbright:

Tue May 18, 2021 11:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Chris, as you know, I am straight talking and honest with it, I am not a spin merchant like Mehmet Cameron :thumbright:

My point exactly. Why does he feel the need to "spin" stories about the club?

Honest, straight talking will always go further in engendering trust and faith.

Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

You're a straight talker, Annis and nothing wrong with that. At least people know where they stand, then... :thumbright:

Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm

What puzzles me is people call dalman a liar in one breath to discredit him and club? then they believe him if he says something to suit their agenda ? Cake and eat it springs to mind...... :old:

Tue May 18, 2021 1:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:What puzzles me is people call dalman a liar in one breath to discredit him and club? then they believe him if he says something to suit their agenda ? Cake and eat it springs to mind...... :old:

Allan,

Well I will say how i see him, he's Tony Blair / David Cameron and any MP wanting to please people.

I have met him 50 plus times and from day one have said this to him direct.

Tue May 18, 2021 3:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:What puzzles me is people call dalman a liar in one breath to discredit him and club? then they believe him if he says something to suit their agenda ? Cake and eat it springs to mind...... :old:

And they lap up or misconstrue stuff from the Eggo to suit their agenda as well.

Tue May 18, 2021 3:42 pm

if someone is prone to lie it really doesnt mean all the time and every word...

Tue May 18, 2021 4:33 pm

maccydee wrote:

And they lap up or misconstrue stuff from the Eggo to suit their agenda as well.

Your right there is a lot of bullshit in that paper the last few years that I totally agree with Neil :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 pm

skidemin wrote:

if someone is prone to lie it really doesnt mean all the time and every word...

Spot on :thumbright:

Tue May 18, 2021 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Your right there is a lot of bullshit in that paper the last few years that I totally agree with Neil :thumbright: :bluebird:

It’s called treating us like mushrooms :old:

Keeping us in the dark and feeding us bullshit :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Have to say,I havent read the echo for god knows how long, shit rag imo. Never thought they did us any favours tbf, except when they sponsored the shirt.

Sat May 22, 2021 2:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222162&p=2286934#p2286934

Sun May 23, 2021 1:47 pm

maccydee wrote:https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222162&p=2286934#p2286934

Have been reading what prem promotion this year is worth(inclusive of parachute payments, which decrease some if relegated in 1st season!) And this year, the estimate is around £160m,which if correct is still nowhere near the £200m quotes that have been on here for us(per promotion) how this £500m was arrived at, is anyones guess!!

Makes you wonder the motive behind some peoples "guessing " at such highly inflated figures.

Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Have these posters got confused maybe? Thinking its £160m + Parachute payments? Even though first promotion was worth around £85m(with parachute payments) it seems so far off to say 4 or 5 hundred million.