Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It just does not add up?

Mon May 17, 2021 2:38 pm

City chairman Dalman said, Tan putting in £3 million a month and said it the year before and said we will have to be self sufficient and said the same last year?

Now there is no parachute payments next year, then it will be £6 million a month, City will be losing if you are to believe Dalman

This £3 million a month from Tan just doesn’t make sense. That’s £36 million plus another £35 million parachute payments and a few million more from live tv appearances, sponsorship etc probably adds up to nearly £80 million of income. Surely our outgoings are no where near that amount??

Have they not by now after all these years of promising got us running financially better or not? Tan, Dalman and Choo surely should know how to run us financially better by now.

Take the virus out as that started last year and we still had other streams of income.

Do not forget they received £500 million from the two
promotions, what the f**k have they done with the money.?

And we still are not debt free?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: It just does not add up?

Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 pm

I tweeted and fb it as it’s a very good question :thumbright:

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 17, 2021 2:51 pm

Reply FB:

Mon May 17, 2021 2:57 pm

Only just seen Nigels reply in fb and he deserves to be heard written it on here and in the other topic as so similar :thumbright:

Hey Annis

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222045

I noticed this and comments on your site. Happy for you to share this on there in response.

Seems my Facebook comment posted on the site messageboard had some feedback.

Although maybe misunderstood, I could have been expressed it better (that'll teach me to post early morning! ha) and had a typo or two, my point remains fair enough in my view.

- Cardiff City will be like just about all other clubs in their transfer business/finance restrictions and impacts this summer regardless of financial health of owners.

- Vincent Tan's support is undoubted but he has indeed been pledging to make us debt free for years (including 2013 when he said it would be done within weeks) and then again in 2016 to supporters when he pledged it would be done by 2021. This is all long before the pandemic came along, that's a very recent event in this timeline. (Links below)

- The last available finance reports, 2019, showed debts circa £115m with £40m owed to Tan. This increased by £34m losses in our last promotion season and a further loss in the Premier League season despite a record £125m revenue. Latest financial results are awaited but the financial debt, I'd argue, is made worse than it could/should be by poor decisions.

And that's why I summarised it is tough currently, Tan's support is not in doubt but let's not overlook promises to make us debt free which have not been delivered.

Seems a fair enough observation.

Vincent Tan aims to make Cardiff City debt-free within next two months
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... p_AppShare

Pledge to be debt free by 2021
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... t-10875878

Mon May 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Like I said the other day, Dalman says one thing but means another.

The bloke is full of shit.

Annis sums it up best by saying he should have been an MP.

BUT if the figures he gave are correct, then serious questions have been asked where all the Premier League money has gone.

People asked recently why Leicester have done better than us in the last 11 years. The reason is that when they sell top players, they reinvest the money in the squad.

If we sell Kieffer Moore then I highly doubt that McCarthy will be given even 20% of it to improve the squad.

Mon May 17, 2021 3:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Like I said the other day, Dalman says one thing but means another.

BUT if the figures he gave are correct, then serious questions have been asked where all the Premier League money has gone.

People asked recently why Leicester have done better than us in the last 11 years. The reason is that when they sell top players, they reinvest the money in the squad.

If we sell Kieffer Moore then I highly doubt that McCarthy will be given even 20% of it to improve the squad.

And I stand by this Ned, Dalman would make a brilliant MP.
And I have told him this several times.

Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Reply FB:

Mon May 17, 2021 3:49 pm

Fans Replies on Fb:

Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Reply FB:

Mon May 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Reply Nigel Blues / Nigel Harris

To Paul Gammon

Hi Paul I get it completely, I got several friends and most from the crowd I went home and away with, who have never been back. I kept going because my parents do, my brother and nephews do, my daughter and her husband do, the guy I have always sat with at home games since I first went in Radnor Road schooldays does and it's just great to share this.

However I lost a connection, I do one or two aways a season when I was 15-20 and no longer feel I must be there for home games if others want me to do something else and I don't bother with friendlies or even Cup games often (all of this was unthinkable before).

I think I have passed the point of being angry with Tan, appreciate good things he has done in context and can get on with supporting the team but I certainly am not going to forget that as it using our club and taking away its identity and heritage for personal vanity is a disgrace in my eyes.

And I got no problem in pointing out our enormous increasing debt and promises to make us debt free have not and are not being delivered ... and that goes back 8 years, not the 14 months since a pandemic, to be an excuse.

If others want to see it different, I respect it but I won't.

Mon May 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Hard to believe anything that Dalman states.

Things will surely be clearer when the accounts are published in companies house.

Mon May 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Reply FB:

Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm

BREAKING: VINCENT TANS BUSINESS HIT HARD / SO COST CUTTING AT CCFC
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222036

Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm

MEHMET DALMAN INTERVIEW ON CCFC FUTURE ETC
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222055

Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm

Who's next to bring same thing up? Must be a waiting list to take it in turns to try and be accountants after 8yrs or so no one is any the wiser and never will be until tan leaves .... but its a free world live and let live ... :old:

Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Dave Sugarman / TLG:

I was in a meeting with Mehmet Dalman in January 2015, during which he boldly stated he wasn't involved with Cardiff City when the club was rebranded. In truth, he joined the board in January 2012.

Dalman was appointed as City's Chairman seven years and nine months ago. If his latest claims are true and the club really has needed Vincent Tan to put in £3 million a month to keep it going, that's a damning indictment of the way in which he the board have been running the show. Premier League parachute payments, season ticket money and an additional £3 million a month to maintain a mid-table Championship club with a mediocre squad? Great work.

Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm

Dave Sugarman / TLG :

I was invited to one meeting at the club which Dalman hosted. It lasted about an hour. I felt the whole thing was a bit nauseating - a daft PR exercise overflowing with bullshit on both sides from start to finish. Dalman came across as very smooth but more than a little oily. I turned down an invitation to speak to him one-to-one after the main meeting and also declined an offer of a free ticket to the next home game.

So what do you reckon regarding Dalman's apparent claim (which he intially made in January) that Vincent Tan has been putting in £3 million a month during the pandemic to keep the club afloat? £36 million a year in hand-outs from the owner on top of the Premier League parachute payments and your season ticket money to keep a mid-ranking Championship team going - do you reckon that's likely? If so, what do you think about the way the club is being managed in financial terms? After all, if Dalman and Co are spending so much money but achieving so little, it can't be healthy, can it?

Mon May 17, 2021 4:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Who's next to bring same thing up? Must be a waiting list to take it in turns to try and be accountants after 8yrs or so no one is any the wiser and never will be until tan leaves .... but its a free world live and let live ... :old:

It is free world mate and mate it does not add up where all the money has gone?

Mon May 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave Sugarman / TLG:

I was in a meeting with Mehmet Dalman in January 2015, during which he boldly stated he wasn't involved with Cardiff City when the club was rebranded. In truth, he joined the board in January 2012.

Dalman was appointed as City's Chairman seven years and nine months ago. If his latest claims are true and the club really has needed Vincent Tan to put in £3 million a month to keep it going, that's a damning indictment of the way in which he the board have been running the show. Premier League parachute payments, season ticket money and an additional £3 million a month to maintain a mid-table Championship club with a mediocre squad? Great work.

Yep we have not really gone forward that much have we.

Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave Sugarman / TLG:

Yep we have not really gone forward that much have we.

I second that and TLG is absolutely so right.

Mon May 17, 2021 4:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Like I said the other day, Dalman says one thing but means another.

the £3 mill a month makes no sense.... but on the other hand there is no history of selling players and then only re investing 20%...

Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Dalman and Choo. How much are they getting paid and more importantly what are they "bringing to the table?"

Mon May 17, 2021 5:20 pm

it went on players wages and transfer fees are you nuts ?

Mon May 17, 2021 6:03 pm

If only we had some form of way to find out where the money goes. Something like accounts that are kept.

We will find out then.

Just enjoy the fact we aren’t in court constantly for unpaid debts risking being put out of business.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Dalman and Choo. How much are they getting paid and more importantly what are they "bringing to the table?"

Read Warnock’s book.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 pm

maccydee wrote:If only we had some form of way to find out where the money goes. Something like accounts that are kept.

We will find out then.

Just enjoy the fact we aren’t in court constantly for unpaid debts risking being put out of business.

When you look back at it all the only real joy is that all this debt is owed to Tan himself. It's all his own doing so he only has himself to blame. Adding to that we know he received a good offer for the club but turned it down. With that in mind its his own fault he is still here.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:If only we had some form of way to find out where the money goes. Something like accounts that are kept.

We will find out then.

When you look back at it all the only real joy is that all this debt is owed to Tan himself. It's all his own doing so he only has himself to blame. Adding to that we know he received a good offer for the club but turned it down. With that in mind its his own fault he is still here.

Careful what we wish for. Grass isn’t always greener. Especially the grass we have trodden on before.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:42 pm

We will find out then.

Actually Neil

Under Tan, we’ve had more court cases for debts and bills then any previous owners , Tan has lost everyone of them costing us £millions and guess what?

We still have 3 more ones to come and very serious.

Even Dalman said a few months ago if we lose two of these that’s it.

Mon May 17, 2021 6:45 pm

We have been hit by the pandemic, but don't tell us we are in the same financial bracket as clubs who have been nowhere near the Premiership in recent years.

We should be one of a decent handful of clubs who SHOULD be able to spend a little more due to the Premier payments.

Gone on players and wages?? I think you'll find almost every club has bought players and paid wages and they've had nowhere near the money we have raked in over the last few years.

Mon May 17, 2021 7:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Dalman and Choo. How much are they getting paid and more importantly what are they "bringing to the table?"

Read Warnock’s book.

I have. Covid aside and the wide ranging implications, are they considered a success managing CCFC?