Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: It just does not add up?

Sun May 23, 2021 2:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222162&p=2286934#p2286934

Have been reading what prem promotion this year is worth(inclusive of parachute payments, which decrease some if relegated in 1st season!) And this year, the estimate is around £160m,which if correct is still nowhere near the £200m quotes that have been on here for us(per promotion) how this £500m was arrived at, is anyones guess!!

Makes you wonder the motive behind some peoples "guessing " at such highly inflated figures.

It’s always the way. The sums to suit whatever is being said. Money in is increased money out is decreased all to make it look like our current owner is dodgy.

If only the same forensic oversight was used for previous owners.

Thankfully, there are people who deal in facts only and then post those facts.

Sun May 23, 2021 2:43 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222162&p=2286934#p2286934

Have been reading what prem promotion this year is worth(inclusive of parachute payments, which decrease some if relegated in 1st season!) And this year, the estimate is around £160m,which if correct is still nowhere near the £200m quotes that have been on here for us(per promotion) how this £500m was arrived at, is anyones guess!!

Makes you wonder the motive behind some peoples "guessing " at such highly inflated figures.

It’s always the way. The sums to suit whatever is being said. Money in is increased money out is decreased all to make it look like our current owner is dodgy.

:laughing5: :laughing5: if only the same criteria is used.. indeed....

Sun May 23, 2021 4:20 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I get some fans hate tan, and will never forgive him, and thats their choice/prerogative,but what I dont get is, by pushing these so called "facts" to have a pop at the owner,only serves to annoy said owner, thus possibly destabilizing the very club we all love?
Anyone looking from outside must think WTF is he doing with all that money??

Sun May 23, 2021 4:49 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I get some fans hate tan, and will never forgive him, and thats their choice/prerogative,but what I dont get is, by pushing these so called "facts" to have a pop at the owner,only serves to annoy said owner, thus possibly destabilizing the very club we all love?

I chuckled when I saw about Dalman being a liar and then posts about 500 million etc in the same thread.

Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Makes you wonder the motive behind some peoples "guessing " at such highly inflated figures.[/o

Just been reading all different threads / topics on this to many to answer to , but Neil I noticed someone ask Keith is the monies he saying our club received on their year in the premier season that does not include the four years of parachute payments plus the next three years after the last promotion, do yes we have had an amazing income from being promoted twice :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun May 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Makes you wonder the motive behind some peoples "guessing " at such highly inflated figures.[/o

Just been reading all different threads / topics on this to many to answer to , but Neil I noticed someone ask Keith is the monies he saying our club received on their year in the premier season that does not include the four years of parachute payments plus the next three years after the last promotion, do yes we have had an amazing income from being promoted twice :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yep. £500 million. :D

Mon May 24, 2021 12:22 am

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

no idea why youve quoted my post .....

Mon May 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Annis , the figures I have quoted of total income over a 9 year period to 31 May 2019 include all income , there are no parachute payments to add to that figure in the period so the £500m claimed benefit from two promotions IS vastly overstated . I have the 2020 figures to hand but cannot release them until after the accounts are on the public register . But I can say that even adding the total income from all sources for that year still does not come to a total of £500m for a full 10 year period.
Our first promotion season was 2013/14 so to measure the impact of two promotions , you have to take away income figures for the 3 years before that from the £399m figure I quoted. If you do that, then the total income in the 6 years from 2013/14 to 2018/19 inclusive (including 2 seasons at Premier League level)comes to £345m , way short of the claimed £500m figure. And this will still be the case if you add the 2020 income figure.

It may also be of interest to people to know that the club had a wage bill higher than its total income in 6 of the 9 years I summarised. One year the figure was the same as income and the only two seasons where income exceeded wages costs were the two seasons in the Premier League. No wonder the club has had to be propped up by shareholder and other loans to survive - a situation which cannot continue going forward hence there may be some unpopular player release/ wage cut decisions to be made.

Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Annis , the figures I have quoted of total income over a 9 year period to 31 May 2019 include all income , there are no parachute payments to add to that figure in the period so the £500m claimed benefit from two promotions IS vastly overstated . I have the 2020 figures to hand but cannot release them until after the accounts are on the public register . But I can say that even adding the total income from all sources for that year still does not come to a total of £500m for a full 10 year period.
Our first promotion season was 2013/14 so to measure the impact of two promotions , you have to take away income figures for the 3 years before that from the £399m figure I quoted. If you do that, then the total income in the 6 years from 2013/14 to 2018/19 inclusive (including 2 seasons at Premier League level)comes to £345m , way short of the claimed £500m figure. And this will still be the case if you add the 2020 income figure.

It may also be of interest to people to know that the club had a wage bill higher than its total income in 6 of the 9 years I summarised. One year the figure was the same as income and the only two seasons where income exceeded wages costs were the two seasons in the Premier League. No wonder the club has had to be propped up by shareholder and other loans to survive - a situation which cannot continue going forward hence there may be some unpopular player release/ wage cut decisions to be made.

Thank you for clearing this up Keith so £399mill.

I don’t think anyone said that just income from Prem league / Sky etc made £500 mill, but if shirt sponsors, advertising, merchandise, gate receipts , food etc etc were all put together it would add up to near that amount over those 7 years?

As to 6 bad years out of 9 years on wages etc for me that’s badly run by the people who are responsible for the running of our club CEO / Chairman / finance etc in my opinion .

Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

But we want more players signed. Clearly Tan has no ambition then and needs to replaced!!!

Obviously tongue in cheek but are posts I have seen on here.

I’m so glad the finances have been cleared up and accurate figures given.

Now any chance of an owner by owner wage taken from club and also interest paid out to loans given by owners or banks while under control of each owner?

Can we have a proper Q and A post with Keith but we have to pay to ask a question? I’d be in.