Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Not good Bennett / Bamba'

Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 pm

It does look like Bennett and Bamba are leaving! and don't be surprised to see a second striker coming in.

Re: Bennett/Bamba

Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Sad to see Sol go, but at 36 it would difficult to see him as a championship player , regular anymore.

Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:It does look like Bennett and Bamba are leaving! and don't be surprised to see a second striker coming in.

Brown/Harris going same way plus 2 of the 4 in midfield.

Possible Tutu will be back with us for next season!

Tue May 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Conjecture or fact?

Tue May 18, 2021 6:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:It does look like Bennett and Bamba are leaving! and don't be surprised to see a second striker coming in.

If that’s fact, it’s the sort of facts I like hearing :thumbright:

Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I like hearing facts too. Especially true facts.

Thinking about it, do we need to call facts true facts or is a fact obviously true?

Wed May 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I like hearing facts too. Especially true facts.

Thinking about it, do we need to call facts true facts or is a fact obviously true?

Your entitled to your opinion :ayatollah:

Don’t see you coming back on saying “it’s true” that’s why your in the dark and others may not :old:

Re: ' Not good Bennett / Bamba'

Wed May 19, 2021 12:57 pm

Bamba's passed his best, Bennett will be a big loss, we will need to sign a replacement, none of the kids are playoff and above standard and should be considered as cover.

Both have been very good professional players for us, I would wish them both all the best wherever they go!

Wed May 19, 2021 3:00 pm

TBH Bennett and Bamba are probably holding out for contracts which will pay them at least the same as what they are getting now or even more.

We are cost cutting after the parachute payments have ended and simply can't afford either of them at their present rate. If they can earn more else where then good luck to them and they can move on.

Wed May 19, 2021 3:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH Bennett and Bamba are probably holding out for contracts which will pay them at least the same as what they are getting now or even more.

We are cost cutting after the parachute payments have ended and simply can't afford either of them at their present rate. If they can earn more else where then good luck to them and they can move on.

Tbf, id be dissapointed if the club didnt try and keep bamba on in some capacity, as what a role model he would be for the youngsters at the club.
As for Bennett, I believe he had something lined up before his injury curtailed that,so at 32, coming back from serious injury? Id let him go, but saying that, if both are looking for improved contracts, or even the same deals, then the club must let them go, times are tougher now, not easier,or even the same.

Wed May 19, 2021 3:08 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH Bennett and Bamba are probably holding out for contracts which will pay them at least the same as what they are getting now or even more.

Tbf, id be dissapointed if the club didnt try and keep bamba on in some capacity, as what a role model he would be for the youngsters at the club.
As for Bennett, I believe he had something lined up before his injury curtailed that,so at 32, coming back from serious injury? Id let him go, but saying that, if both are looking for improved contracts, or even the same deals, then the club must let them go, times are tougher now, not easier,or even the same.

If the committee run the club as a business then both Sol and Bennett will be released.

Sentiment in business goes out the window.

A player is a commodity to be used.

Loyalty counts for little.

Harsh but true.

Wed May 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

If the committee run the club as a business then both Sol and Bennett will be released.

Sentiment in business goes out the window.

A player is a commodity to be used.

Loyalty counts for little.

Harsh but true.

Yeah, I say as much.
Said id be dissapointed, not surprised, truth is for 90% of clubs are "businesses" these days.

Wed May 19, 2021 3:45 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

They wanted new contracts the same as what they are on now, and that was not going to happen :thumbup:

Wed May 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

They wanted new contracts the same as what they are on now, and that was not going to happen :thumbup:

Not many players can expect better contracts at the tail end of their careers.
No parachute payments, pandemic and no supporters income for 15 months.
Fully back the club on refusing these demands, if true.

Wed May 19, 2021 4:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

the club have been trying to keep him in some capacity but a player contract is pushing it ? its unlikely he will get back to where he was pre injury and TBH i think the club were more than decent extending his contract by a year when injured....

Wed May 19, 2021 5:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Well if thats the case, the club ate right not to bend to their demands, I guess Bamba may end up at boro, with warnock? Cheers for clarifying that :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

These footballers need to get real and understand their over inflated wages has run its course. A global pandemic has obviously caused businesses to reduce and reevaluate expenditure.

To think they can ask for the same pay is laughable and shows how out of touch with the real world these people are.

Wed May 19, 2021 9:47 pm

I’m a massive fan of both players (especially Bennett), but I don’t think either can expect similar contracts given their advancing years. Bennett will be the biggest loss as he’s our first choice LWB, but I’m glad the club aren’t being held to ransom.