Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Meeting with CEO Ken Choo and Philip Jenkins

Thu May 20, 2021 5:52 pm

glas wrote:
Always City wrote:Are you serious?
Positive meeting recently with Cardiff City’s chief executive, Ken Choo and finance director, Philip Jenkins.

All the trust can talk about is getting more Bame community in our ground, which has been done year after year, free tickets everything has been tried before and food banks which our council should be doing way more for the people.

How about how badly our club is run and the plans for the future and where are the accounts?

Just checked Companies House and they are still not filed, so presumably the transfer embargo is still in place?

Agree with you. The Trust has a meeting with the CEO and Finance DIrector and all they discuss is free tickets for bame people, who have no interest in the club, and free food. Let's hope the free food is for all fans attending and not the selective few the Trust want to give it to.
How about looking after the loyal supporters who have attended for years, travel long distances to get to the CCS, and pay full price to enter, with no free food thrown in.

Is the Trust supposed to represent the fans or is it just an ego trip or on a political agenda for it's few elite members?

The fact is that free tickets for BAME communities was not discussed at the meeting at all last Friday nor was it mentioned in my brief report on the meeting. Someone on here chose to alter my original posting on Mike`s board to deliberately give out false information. Why would they wish to do that is a reasonable question I think.
It is easy to check this by looking at my original report then comparing it to the edited version on here.

You also seem to have completely misunderstood or misinterpreted the point about foodbanks. It is an initiative for a number of clubs across the country (Everton and Liverpool fans have got together to have a particularly good scheme) to help people who simply cannot afford to feed their families by collecting food at the ground and then distributing it to registered foodbanks in the areas where the club`s fans come from. If you don`t believe in foodbanks say so , but don`t try and replace them with free food for fans who can still afford to come to games.

As I posted yesterday and as Annis has also posted out , the transfer embargo is nothing to do with the non-filing yet (it will happen this week) of accounts at Companies House and the EFL received their copy before the deadline last month so no embargo.

Keith

Thu May 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
glas wrote:
Always City wrote:Are you serious?
Positive meeting recently with Cardiff City’s chief executive, Ken Choo and finance director, Philip Jenkins.

All the trust can talk about is getting more Bame community in our ground, which has been done year after year, free tickets everything has been tried before and food banks which our council should be doing way more for the people.

How about how badly our club is run and the plans for the future and where are the accounts?

Just checked Companies House and they are still not filed, so presumably the transfer embargo is still in place?

Agree with you. The Trust has a meeting with the CEO and Finance DIrector and all they discuss is free tickets for bame people, who have no interest in the club, and free food. Let's hope the free food is for all fans attending and not the selective few the Trust want to give it to.
How about looking after the loyal supporters who have attended for years, travel long distances to get to the CCS, and pay full price to enter, with no free food thrown in.

Is the Trust supposed to represent the fans or is it just an ego trip or on a political agenda for it's few elite members?

The fact is that free tickets for BAME communities was not discussed at the meeting at all last Friday nor was it mentioned in my brief report on the meeting. Someone on here chose to alter my original posting on Mike`s board to deliberately give out false information. Why would they wish to do that is a reasonable question I think.
It is easy to check this by looking at my original report then comparing it to the edited version on here.

You also seem to have completely misunderstood or misinterpreted the point about foodbanks. It is an initiative for a number of clubs across the country (Everton and Liverpool fans have got together to have a particularly good scheme) to help people who simply cannot afford to feed their families by collecting food at the ground and then distributing it to registered foodbanks in the areas where the club`s fans come from. If you don`t believe in foodbanks say so , but don`t try and replace them with free food for fans who can still afford to come to games.

As I posted yesterday and as Annis has also posted out , the transfer embargo is nothing to do with the non-filing yet (it will happen this week) of accounts at Companies House and the EFL received their copy before the deadline last month so no embargo.

Keith

How bizarre, they've basically copy and pasted the original post word for word except they've added in the line about free tickets to BAME fans themselves.

Thu May 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Sorry but giving BAME people free tickets is a disgrace to every Cardiff fans currently hoping to return. Why give special treatment to the BAME community rather than every other Cardiff fan who will have to pay for tickets.

Another topic I want the club to address is that I want Peter Whittingham to have a statue for the fans to look at every time they turn up to the stadium because Whitts was the ultimate bluebird he was the greatest in our generation. He deserves to be given a statue of some sorts. Its ok having a Whittingham tribute in the board room but he was loved by fans and we want fans to be reminded of just how great our beloved bluebird still is today.

Other topics i want discussed is what i said previously on this forum and have iconic bluebirds pictures/banners around the stadium outside and inside. Dont have to be huge banners just replace the sponsors from inside with the great moments at the club like the Carling Cup Final, the 1927 Cup win, the win against Man City in our 1st Premier League game in 50 years and so on. These can be seen by fans inside the stadium wrapped around the stadium. As for sponsors of course they are still huge so why not have them shown on the big TV's.

I do have other topics who potentially no one has talked about yet but i dont want to bore anyone to death.

Sam, it's not a 'disgrace' to look to attract BAME; it's just misguided in our particular club for the reasons I've alluded to elsewhere...

As for the Whitts tribute, my question is would anyone be shouting out so loudly had he not passed away in such tragic circumstances?

For me, he is a City legend and served us well over his time here. Furthermore, it was a disgrace he didn't have the send off he deserved. However, to demand statues and/or stands to be named after him is, IMHO, a little OTT

There are other former players who might be as or more equal to that type of accolade and these decisions should not be taken lightly

Maybe a lounge or some other tributory named award might be better placed...?

Sat May 22, 2021 8:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Why are we paying for a mural to attract anyone?

You are either a supporter or you're not.

All this inclusivity is nonsense.

Didnt realise trying to attract new fans was "nonsense" what a statement to make, I wasnt a "Supporter" until my dad(rip) took me, it was an introduction from him, not me suddenly deciding I wanted to be a supporter, the rest is history of course,as I got the bug, but the club is reaching out to possible future supporters, and for me, thats a good thing.

Paul, you are, of course, correct and people become supporters (of any club) for varying reasons...

For me, I went to one of the near promotion games back in the late 60's and couldn't see over the old Enclosure wall under the Grandstand but it was night game and I loved the atmosphere. I was hooked from that moment...

I think we have a pretty diverse crowd as it stands and I have never personally heard anyone abused on race, creed or colour grounds in my time there, so actively 'looking' for BAME people attend games seems a little political rather than based on any real information

Of course, I may be wrong but my own experiences of engaging with BAME communities in the past has shown that if they want to do something, they will, the same as the rest of us; they cannot/should not be (proverbially) Press Ganged...

As for the meeting, I think any 'fan' engagement with the Board/Owner is to be welcomed and I am sure the agenda was sorted before they met. I have a huge respect for Keith Morgan as an individual but no so the 'Trust', who I have always maintained is only representative of its paid up members and not the vast majority of supporters

Clearly, there are unanswered questions but only be positive engagement will they ever (if at all) answered

Just a couple of polite points. Firstly I think it's clear from looking around the stadium on matchdays the ethnic communities of Cardiff are underrepresented in our attendances. If we accept that is the case then we should be investigating the reasons for this and use the findings to encourage fans from ethnic backgrounds to attend games and make them feel a part of the Cardiff City community via a range of initiatives. I think this can be done without any type of feeling of press-ganging.
Done well we could easily add another thousand or so to our crowd.
Equally, I think we should look at a range of initiatives to attract more women to our stadium on matchday.

id imagine we have literally thousands of lapsed fans who love the club ,are on the data base that simply cannot afford to go... what an absolute kick in the teeth for them this nonsense is.... how about the club sending some of these lapsed fans a free ticket and money off vouchers instead of trying to get people who are not interested involved just because a quota in someones head doesnt look right....
doesnt tick any woke , pc boxes but makes far more sense ...

I didn't express those views in order to tick PC boxes, that is just your interpretation...it makes financial sense for the Club to attract a more diverse audience...including women.