Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City player signs new contract "

Wed May 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Cardiff City FC is pleased to announce that Mark Harris has signed a new deal with the Club.

The 22-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough season in the Welsh capital in 2020/21, making 17 appearances in City colours. His new contract will run until the summer of 2023.

Mark scored his first Bluebirds goal in a 4-0 victory over Luton Town in November, going on to add strikes against both Preston North End and Birmingham City.

Speaking at the Bluebirds' Vale Resort training base, Mark said: "I'm delighted to have agreed this deal with the Club I've been at since the age of seven.

"I've enjoyed a very good season, but I'm not resting on it though. I want to play as much as possible and push on now."

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy added: "We've been discussing this for a while. At Birmingham when he came on, he scored a really good goal and the one that really tipped it for me was his last game against Rotherham. He replaced Kieffer and did a really great job on his own upfront.

"Mark deserves his new contract and I'm delighted he's signed."

Re: " Cardiff City player signs new contract "

Wed May 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Pleased for the lad as football is his career.

Disappointed in the club if they see him as an important part of our immediate future and someone who can make any form of impact.

I hope other signings will add quality, but then one has to pay ( wages and or a fee) for quality. The Harris news smacks of cheap without giving a damn about quality.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:01 pm

MARK HARRIS:

“I'm delighted to have agreed this deal with the Club I've been at since the age of seven. I've enjoyed a very good season, but I'm not resting on it though. I want to play as much as possible and push on now."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Pleased for the lad as football is his career.

Disappointed in the club if they see him as an important part of our immediate future and someone who can make any form of impact.

I hope other signings will add quality, but then one has to pay ( wages and or a fee) for quality. The Harris news smacks of cheap without giving a damn about quality.

Yeah looks cheap but they are just covering themselves just incase they can’t get the players in they want. His wages will be low and hence if we get the players in he will go out on loan to a club who can pay all his wages.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Pleased for the lad as football is his career.

Havent seen it reported that he is seen as anything you say? MM obviously thinks he has seen something in him, perhaps he knows more than some of us? Maybe this next season could be the one where he shows he is capable of playing championship football, we will know soon enough, yes some see it as a cheap option, but we could of got any number of young players, for the same sort of outlaw, but MM has decided to give him a go.
Remember, madine spent a lot longer here,on much more money, for a large fee, yet harris easily outscores him.good luck to the lad I say,and I hope he can make it with us.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Resigning MH is the easy part. The hard part is backing that judgement and giving the lad game time to so he can develop into a Championship standard forward

Wed May 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Resigning MH is the easy part. The hard part is backing that judgement and giving the lad game time to so he can develop into a Championship standard forward

Spot on (again) Tony :thumbup:

Pleased for the lad, as he has made an impact in his limited game time to date... :ayatollah:

But what does this now mean for Watters...? :?

Wed May 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Sven wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Resigning MH is the easy part. The hard part is backing that judgement and giving the lad game time to so he can develop into a Championship standard forward

Pleased for the lad, as he has made an impact in his limited game time to date... :ayatollah:

Tbf Chris, can see watters being loaned out, as it seems MM has little faith in him at present,so a loan seems the sensible option imo.
Unless MM thinks he will never make it here of course?.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Sven wrote:

Well I don't expect a new contract to be offered to Watters anytime soon ;) I guess either the U23's or a lower league club will benefit next season.

Wed May 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sven wrote:

Well I don't expect a new contract to be offered to Watters anytime soon ;) I guess either the U23's or a lower league club will benefit next season.

A 'loan' away seems to be the obvious now, Tony. I think Newport County, if they are promoted, would be a good choice and you never know, it may well work

Wed May 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Mick McCarthy:

McCarthy also did not rule out the possibility of him leaving on loan in order to get some regular first-team minutes under his belt.

"If he doesn't play in the first team then we can loan him out," the manager said.

Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy:

McCarthy also did not rule out the possibility of him leaving on loan in order to get some regular first-team minutes under his belt.

"If he doesn't play in the first team then we can loan him out," the manager said.

That comment was regards Harris Annis yeah? Not watters,as he seems nowhere near ready to play 1st team football.