Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL SUMMER FIRST SIGNING " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER "

Wed May 19, 2021 4:01 pm

JC_Header.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222099 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce that the Club has agreed to sign forward, James Collins.

James Collins was a free agent after being released by Luton Town.

The Republic of Ireland international has committed his future to the Bluebirds until the summer of 2023.

Collins brings a wealth of experience to Cardiff City Stadium, with over 500 club appearances and 181 goals to his name.

He was handed his first cap for his country by Mick McCarthy in 2019, scoring on his debut against Bulgaria. He went on to net his first competitive goal for the Boys in Green in a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier versus Serbia.

JC_Ayatollah.jpg

Speaking to Cardiff City TV, Collins said: "I'm absolutely delighted.

"To be here today to sign for this great Club is a real honour and I can't wait to get going.

"I'm an honest player and I'll always work hard for the team. I like to link up play and I like to think my main attribute is scoring goals. That's what I love doing and hopefully I can score lots of them here."

The Gaffer also spoke after securing his first signing of the summer, adding: "It's a really good signing for us.

"He's been on an upward trajectory all his career, going from the lower leagues to the Championship and he's kept scoring goals.

JC_ROI.jpg

"I like when they've come up the hard way, coming through the school of hard knocks to keep progressing and getting to a higher standard.

"He's ended up an international footballer through all of that and that's due to his hard work, diligence and ability to score goals.

"He's got a great scoring record. He's durable, he's tough and he'll be one of us. I'm delighted to have him."

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222099 :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OFFICIAL " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER "

Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Dont forget a new contract for Mark Harris :ayatollah:
Fantastic news and stars of the future for sure for the Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Welcome James.

Decent experience and scoring record at this level and better than any other striker at the club apart from Kieffer.

Good luck for your time at the mighty Bluebirds!

:bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed May 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Welcome to Cardiff ,decent championship player

Wed May 19, 2021 4:31 pm

A decent, quick start to the transfer window. More players of equal and better standard will give us a squad to operate from.

The Harris contract is a non story.

Wed May 19, 2021 4:32 pm

If we are to get out of this league we need players like him who's experienced of championship! To many youngsters wont get us promoted... :old:

Wed May 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Welcome James, to the mighty BLUEBIRDS

Wed May 19, 2021 4:33 pm

Decent replacement for Moore who will be off if he has a half decent euros.

Wed May 19, 2021 4:34 pm

Super free transfer signing and clear one mick managed to get us over other clubs. Very much back up to Moore but a very able sub and back up. Welcome James

Wed May 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Welcome James and a nice well executed ayatollah in that photo.

Re: OFFICIAL SUMMER FIRST SIGNING " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIK

Wed May 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Welcome James.

Hopefully you will hit the ground running.

We love a trier, someone that gives their all.

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :clap: :D

Wed May 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Welcome James bloooobird Collins enjoy what it is to be a bluebird :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed May 19, 2021 5:42 pm

Welcome to Cardiff City James Collins, I’m sure you’re going to love being a Bluebird. I can’t wait to get back in that ground to cheer you all on :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Ok player.

Wed May 19, 2021 11:31 pm

Welcome :bluebird: