Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Frank Lampard has admitted he would consider

Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 am

LAMPARD OPEN TO CHAMPIONSHIP ROLE

Frank Lampard has admitted he would consider joining a Championship club in the right circumstances, as he mulls over his next role since his Chelsea axe in January.

"I would take a view on going into the Championship,” Lampard told the Daily Mirror.

“If it was the right club, the right project for sure. I don’t have an ego where I feel just because I’ve managed in the Champions League, that’s the be all and end all. My year at Derby was such an enjoyable year.”

Re: Frank Lampard has admitted he would consider

Thu May 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:LAMPARD OPEN TO CHAMPIONSHIP ROLE

Frank Lampard has admitted he would consider joining a Championship club in the right circumstances, as he mulls over his next role since his Chelsea axe in January.

"I would take a view on going into the Championship,” Lampard told the Daily Mirror.

“If it was the right club, the right project for sure. I don’t have an ego where I feel just because I’ve managed in the Champions League, that’s the be all and end all. My year at Derby was such an enjoyable year.”

That's big of him!

Thu May 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Got out at the right time at DERBY - ;)

Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 am

Was massively backed at Derby and failed at Chelsea. What he means is I want a championship club with money to spend....why not get your manager experience lower down again with limited resources. Jimmy Floyd doing it well at Burton