Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Bluebirds signing James Collins has told fans exactly wh

Fri May 21, 2021 7:56 am

New Bluebirds signing James Collins has told fans exactly what to expect from him and his goal of reaching the Premier League with Cardiff City.

Collins was snapped up quickly by Cardiff, despite a number of Championship clubs thought to be keen on his signature, and will bring some much-needed experience and a proven goalscoring record.

And he has told supporters exactly what to expect from him next season and beyond.

JAMES COLLINS:

"I'm an honest player, I'll always work hard for the team and I like to link-up play," he said.

"My main attribute, I like to think, is to score goals. That's what I love doing, I've always done it.

"Hopefully I can come here and score lots of goals and help this club get to the Premier League."

The forward also revealed that his former Republic of Ireland manager being the boss at Cardiff City played a huge role in him deciding to join the Bluebirds over other potential suitors.

"It was a massive factor," he added. "Ever since I knew the gaffer was interested in me, I knew I wanted to come and play for him.

"He gave me my Ireland debut and I love working under him. It was definitely a big factor in signing for Cardiff."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Bluebirds signing James Collins has told fans exactl

Fri May 21, 2021 10:31 am

Been looking at his goals on Youtube, seems a good finisher, a sort of 'fox in the box' with a bit of physical presence.
Hope it's 'as well as' rather than 'instead of Moore'

Fri May 21, 2021 10:54 am

Just be looking at his goals too. Him and Keiffer could be a good combo.

Fri May 21, 2021 5:47 pm

With Collins and Moore up front it could be exciting. However, we need to strengthen the supply line
Hopefully, Mick will address that in the next couple of new signings.

Fri May 21, 2021 5:53 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:With Collins and Moore up front it could be exciting. However, we need to strengthen the supply line
Hopefully, Mick will address that in the next couple of new signings.

In Mick we trust.