Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barry Town Covid madness

Sat May 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Tonight Barry Town will play Caernafon in the semi final play offs to qualify for Europe. No fans allowed, even though Jenner Park is a big ground by Welsh League standards. By order of the Welsh government, despite the requests of the Welsh FA. A

And yet over a 100 people are allowed inside the clubhouse to watch in on S4C.

Mad or what?

Re: Barry Town Covid madness

Sat May 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Well 3k allowed in a 20k stadium tonight (swans) but brentford 17k stadium 4k fans and other games more fans than Swansea with smaller grounds ? So nothing surprising about Barrys game ...

Sat May 22, 2021 4:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well 3k allowed in a 20k stadium tonight (swans) but brentford 17k stadium 4k fans and other games more fans than Swansea with smaller grounds ? So nothing surprising about Barrys game ...

By not allowing fans in they have actually increased the risk of Covid in Barry because people will be watching the games indoors.

Sat May 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Would have over.to have popped down to support Barry as a local....madness from government

Sat May 22, 2021 4:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well 3k allowed in a 20k stadium tonight (swans) but brentford 17k stadium 4k fans and other games more fans than Swansea with smaller grounds ? So nothing surprising about Barrys game ...

Spurs and Man Utd both had 10k fans despite Old Trafford being 16k seats bigger.
I'm guessing it's got more to do with stadium design rather than hard numbers of X people in stadium with Y capacity.
Number of turnstiles, distance between individual seats and rows, number of facilities, etc. Number of corporate seats as well would probably have an affect on the allowed capacity.

Sat May 22, 2021 5:13 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

Spurs and Man Utd both had 10k fans despite Old Trafford being 16k seats bigger.
I'm guessing it's got more to do with stadium design rather than hard numbers of X people in stadium with Y capacity.
Number of turnstiles, distance between individual seats and rows, number of facilities, etc. Number of corporate seats as well would probably have an affect on the allowed capacity.

take your point about OT which is a hole that needs knocking down while WHL is state of the art... but the liberty is a modern stadium...

Sat May 22, 2021 5:30 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

take your point about OT which is a hole that needs knocking down while WHL is state of the art... but the liberty is a modern stadium...

The Liberty is 16 years old compared to Brentford's stadium which is only a year old. Whilst it's not that old I wouldn't be surprised if some average standards for width between seats/rows have changed in that time. Even if not, different architects and designers could have chosen different measurements.

Also looking at some images, both are single tiered with one entrance from concourse to stands per block. But the Liberty being larger means more fans would use the single entry/exit way if capacity was decided on a simple X percentage of total capacity.

Sat May 22, 2021 5:54 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

The Liberty is 16 years old compared to Brentford's stadium which is only a year old. Whilst it's not that old I wouldn't be surprised if some average standards for width between seats/rows have changed in that time. Even if not, different architects and designers could have chosen different measurements.

Also looking at some images, both are single tiered with one entrance from concourse to stands per block. But the Liberty being larger means more fans would use the single entry/exit way if capacity was decided on a simple X percentage of total capacity.

I know liberty is crap design and only fit for midgets but are all the grounds used in playoffs are as modern in design? After all these games was supposed to be test events.. only 900 allowed at county so but odd lowest attendances was at the 2 welsh clubs..

Sun May 23, 2021 8:36 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

What's happening on the West Coast mate, and also many states in the good old US of A.

Don't mention Arizona, but are they not coming to the conclusion this is madness, and at some stage we have to get back to some sort of normality? And as a cosequence are saying no more nappies (sorry, I meant face masks), no more social distancing, no more dictotorial malarkey....we just got to get things going? Just asking like.... :bluebird:

Sun May 23, 2021 11:42 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

so.... lots of ifs , buts and maybees with the conclusion being more space per fan and therefore some being further away from the entrances/exits making them less congested = LESS capacity.... :?

Sun May 23, 2021 11:52 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

What's happening on the West Coast mate, and also many states in the good old US of A.

Don't mention Arizona, but are they not coming to the conclusion this is madness, and at some stage we have to get back to some sort of normality? And as a cosequence are saying no more nappies (sorry, I meant face masks), no more social distancing, no more dictotorial malarkey....we just got to get things going? Just asking like.... :bluebird:

Ah not the West Coast with LA and Seattle, the West Coast with Fishguard and St David's. I think WestWalesBlue was taken when I made the account.

Nappies/Face mask is a bizarre one I've not heard before :?

Sun May 23, 2021 12:03 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

so.... lots of ifs , buts and maybees with the conclusion being more space per fan and therefore some being further away from the entrances/exits making them less congested = LESS capacity.... :?

Read it again, carefully. More fans through the same no of entrances would make it more congested, not less.

However it's not the same number of entrances anyways. If I counted correct, Brentford have 26 entrances from the concourse to the pitch whilst Swansea only have 19.

Sun May 23, 2021 12:04 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Ah not the West Coast with LA and Seattle, the West Coast with Fishguard and St David's. I think WestWalesBlue was taken when I made the account.

Nappies/Face mask is a bizarre one I've not heard before :?

ahhh....hows Hugh Pugh these days....