Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale drops clear transfer admission as he claims fut

Sun May 23, 2021 7:02 pm

Gareth Bale drops clear transfer admission as he claims future is sorted

The Wales star scored twice during Spurs' 4-2 rout of Leicester City on Sunday afternoon

SKY SPORTS

Sunday 23rd May 2021

Tottenham's on-loan star Gareth Bale has revealed his future for next season is already sorted amid fresh reports the north London club are considering bringing him back this summer.

The Wales talisman, who is on a season-long loan from Real Madrid, turned out a stellar performances as he scored two late goals to help Spurs to a 4-2 triumph over Leicester City on the final day of the season.

Bale has finished the season incredibly strongly and his record for Spurs this term now reads a healthy 16 goals in 34 games.

It comes amid recent reports that Tottenham are considering bringing Bale back on loan next term in light of reports Harry Kane is seeking a move away this summer.

And when asked about what his future holds, Bale was adamant he already knows what is going to happen.

GARETH BALE:

"It'll just have to be... it will have to happen after the Euros," Bale told Sky Sports after the match.

"I know what I'm doing, but it'll just cause chaos if I say anything."

When pressed on when the decision would be made public, Bale responded with a straight bat.

"All I'm thinking about now is finishing this season off strong and we meet up straight away for the Euros," he added.

"I'm not thinking about anything else other than Wales."

Reports of Kane's departure are dominating most of the English media, with heavyweights Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea all thought to be interested.

And while Bale heaped praise on his Spurs team-mate, he was adamant everyone at the club wanted him to stay this summer.

"He's a fantastic player, no one can deny that," he said of the striker.

"He has had another fantastic player. But he is a Tottenham Hotspur player, everyone wants him at the club. He is a massive player for us here.

"Everyone wants him to stay."

Bale took to social media after the match to pen a special thank-you to Spurs fans.

GARETH BALE:

"Great to finish off the season with a couple of goals and a win! " he wrote.

"Thank you for your support throughout the season, it’s always a special feeling to wear this shirt."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gareth Bale drops clear transfer admission as he claims

Sun May 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Maybe some sort of player + cash swap deal involving Kane.

Sun May 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Retiring to take up a place on the PGA tour.

Sun May 23, 2021 8:43 pm

He's coming home.........shssssssssh.

Sun May 23, 2021 9:03 pm

theclaw wrote:Maybe some sort of player + cash swap deal involving Kane.

If there was it would be £130 million plus Bale

Or £120 million for Kane on his own.

Sun May 23, 2021 11:09 pm

bluesince62 wrote:He's coming home.........shssssssssh.

He has not intrested in us , he's no Bellars who truly does love his club and hometown.

Mon May 24, 2021 7:27 am

New Day Rising wrote:

He has not intrested in us , he's no Bellars who truly does love his club and hometown.

Liverpool fan Bellamy?

Mon May 24, 2021 8:26 am

maccydee wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

Liverpool fan Bellamy?

Bellamy has opebly admitted he's never passionately supported Cardiff, was always Liverpool for him. Bale, however, has said he does support the City.

Mon May 24, 2021 8:41 am

New Day Rising wrote:

He does love his hometown, and has been a genuine top level World class player, while Bellors was a quite good Premier Striker, so it's much less likely that he could drop to our level :thumbup:

Mon May 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Wonder if he is staying in Madrid as it is expected Zidane will leave this summer.

Mon May 24, 2021 1:56 pm

New Day Rising wrote:

Bit early for drinking isnt it?

Mon May 24, 2021 2:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

Bit early for drinking isnt it?[/quote
I read that he was going back to Real Madrid to see out his contract.

Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

I was jesting of course, but my drinking line was aimed at the poster who claimed bellers has more interest and love of cardiff, than bale.
Wouldn't be surprised at that tbh, especially if zidane is fired, but we can but dream.lol.

Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

I was jesting of course, but my drinking line was aimed at the poster who claimed bellers has more interest and love of cardiff, than bale.
Wouldn't be surprised at that tbh, especially if zidane is fired, but we can but dream.lol.

Tue May 25, 2021 6:56 pm

A lot of talk on Twitter suggests that he is going to retire! :shock:

Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:A lot of talk on Twitter suggests that he is going to retire! :shock:

Has to be more ITK posts from you in the last few hours than in the last 3 years...

Shaken or stirred...? ;) :laughing6:

Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 pm

Sven wrote:
SA18 Bluebird wrote:A lot of talk on Twitter suggests that he is going to retire! :shock:

Has to be more ITK posts from you in the last few hours than in the last 3 years...

Most certainly not in the know my friend, just posting opinion.

A long time lurker and for some reason decided to post a few times this evening! ;)

Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

A long time lurker and for some reason decided to post a few times this evening! ;)

Okay, if you say so... ;) :laughing6:

Wed May 26, 2021 6:02 am

Sven wrote:
SA18 Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Okay, if you say so... ;) :laughing6:

Don’t you want to encourage those who don’t post much to post more?

Wed May 26, 2021 11:18 am

I was reading that Gareth is thinking of asking Real to pay up his contract so he can retire and play more golf.
perhaps he could give us one season. Train in the morning and play golf in the afternoon both at the Vale.

Wed May 26, 2021 11:52 am

Someone on Talksport said that he was getting 50% of his last year at Real paid to tear up the deal and was going to sign for Cardiff for a season.

I won't be getting any hopes up but I have heard from someone who knows him that his Mrs is desperate to move back home so if money isn't an issue and he just wants to keep himself fit for Wales World Cup 2022 campaign maybe its not that much of a stretch.

Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm

He said himself that once all is revealed it will cause chaos...

Chaos for those Bluebirds fans wanting a season ticket.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards

:)

Wed May 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:He said himself that once all is revealed it will cause chaos...

He actually did say" my future is sorted, but if I say anything,it will cause chaos" but yeah,im glad someone else noted that about his interview. Bale & moore up top it is then! Now sign wilson,and we are laughing! Living the dream lol.

Cause chaos eh? Get your tickets early boys!!

Wed May 26, 2021 4:55 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-20682336

Odds slashed on Bale to come to Cardiff

On par with Man City now! :lol:

Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gareth-bale-next-club-odds-20682336

Odds slashed on Bale to come to Cardiff

On par with Man City now! :lol:

Wouldnt read anything into that as no chance going to man c hes not their type of player... but the fact it's been mentioned just adds fuel to fire... :old:

Wed May 26, 2021 5:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:He said himself that once all is revealed it will cause chaos...

He actually did say" my future is sorted, but if I say anything,it will cause chaos" but yeah,im glad someone else noted that about his interview. Bale & moore up top it is then! Now sign wilson,and we are laughing! Living the dream lol.

Cause chaos eh? Get your tickets early boys!!

He's coming here.