Re: ' Criticism of Sam Hammam '

Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I can see arguments on both sides with this one.

Many say that the day we turned red was their worst day as a supporter and I get that.

However, for me Black Friday was my worst day in 50 years of being a supporter. Getting messages all week/day of the next player being bombed out (including our talisman of a captain) was so upsetting that you actually wondered whether we would have a club left at the end of it.

I agree that Sam was the catalyst that the club needed but he adopted a “crash and burn” approach that had no longevity. Change was necessary and, to me, that change has taken us to a new level of financial stability that most clubs dream about.

Not only did we have the fire sale but many won’t know that there were multiple (10s, 100s) of unpaid judgments where many small, local firms suffered as a result of that regime.

We criticise the Jacks for getting away with not paying their debts by taking administration but we did virtually the same thing !

So I will always criticise Sam on that score and would never want him to have even a 1% stake in my club ever again. But, I will also recognise that without him our progress might not have ever happened or at least not as quickly.

A final point. Just because there are court cases going on doesn’t mean they will be lost by the club or even get to trial. Tan and Hammam are both stubborn characters and ultimately if it takes a judge to sort it out then so be it. I don’t know the ins and outs of the cases but the headline descriptions seem pretty light on the clubs stance so let’s see who come out on top.

Finally there appears to be some criticism of the legal fees that the club is paying out. The club didn’t issue court proceedings Hammam did, are we seriously expecting our club just to pay the full amount and not try to defend/mitigate their position !!?? Hammam has started this, let’s see who finishes it.

You say Black Friday was your worst day ever.

Pradeep answer

What assists did we have before Sam arrived?

Where were we?

How were our finances before Sam arrived?

Where were all the so called Cardiff fans before Sam arrived?

If everyone cared so much why did they not turn up and support our club before Sam arrived as perhaps we would of not been a 4th division club ?

I can ask dozens more questions as the truth is we had barely any fans and 99% of those moaning were not even attending in the those days before Sam arrived and that’s the truth.

As to court cases Tan has lost everyone of them and that’s a fact v many many people

As to Sam taking Tan to court if your owed money and the other person signs to that and originally agrees, I would take them to court as so would you if you were owed money be honest.

Over 11 years later Tan is still in court cases now with three different people.

I don’t know any other owner who is constantly involved in court cases and lost everyone.

We have 3 more court cases and I will state now Tan will win one and rightly so and lose two others costing our club £30million plus.

Firstly, Tan had not lost every case that went to court, that’s nonsense.

Even the last big case the Judge instructed both parties to come to an agreement once it finally came out, what we all knew, that Hammam was/is Langston and had effectively lent money to himself !

Yes, Tan had to pay money out but it was nowhere near the amount of the original claim so it was well worth defending.

Secondly, can’t you see how horrendous that last paragraph makes Hammam look ?

So out of the three cases he’s going to win one of them (you might want to tell the judge that by the way, would save a bit of time !) and lose two. So basically he’s started two cases with little chance of winning them and knowing it will cost the club significant money in legal fees !! Vindictive and no feel for the club is what that looks like from a guy who, allegedly, loves the club !!

One fly in the ointment for Sam, even if he does win one case any money might be significantly hit if he loses the other cases and is ordered to pay the club’s costs too !!

Dress it up all you like but this is Sam’s last hurrah and knows it’s his last chance of screwing money out of OUR club.

Having to pay Langston costs and an extra £2mill in my eyes means he lost.

Paying off Riddler, DJ, Ole etc etc just before the cases in my eyes means he lost as they all got what they wanted .

But Sam was asking for £25m+ based on the court writ. I'm sure Tan would have paid him £2m in a pre court settlement but Sam wouldn't settle. If you believe achieving a judgment for less than 10% of the original claim is winning sobeit !! Even with costs Tan would have saved the club millions by challenging that claim in court rather than just rolling over and paying £25m+.

Ole and DJ was paid off as we sacked them, pretty standard stuff. Would you rather we kept them as managers until their contracts ran out ?

I don't know enough about the Riddler settlement to comment.

£28mill was ordered by the court.

Interest and costs

You really have not got a clue.

Tan started all these court cases due to not paying people after they were sacked or monies owing, then later not paying only settling with them after running up Legal costs to City only to be advised time and time again he would lose.

The only case I see Tan finally winning is v Michael Issacs and rightly so.

Tan has run us up beyond legal bills.

I thought that the main elements of Michael Isaac`s claim had already been rejected by the courts as being without foundation but will double check this to make sure.

I think the club will win its case regarding the Emiliano Sala transfer at the Court of Arbitration for Sport as there the legalities of the transfer will be considered in full rather than just whether or not pieces of paper were filed on time which is what FIFA ruled on. So they will look at whether FC Nantes did not comply with their legal commitments under the agreement. All will become clear in due course although it is frustrating that there is no date yet set for the CAS hearing according to their website. Should CCFC lose the case , they have already set aside in their accounts to pay the claimed transfer fee and legal costs , so there will be little or no further cost involved. Should they win the case then that provision in the accounts can be reversed and the profits will improve by about £20m. On a side note , it may or may not be a coincidence that the offices of FC Nantes have been raided as part of a criminal investigation by French police.

The case being brought by Sam against the club seems a strange one and I don`t know the basis of the claim , stated elsewhere (including by Mehmet Dalman) to be in the order of £15m so it is not really possible to comment on its merits unless and until the actual agreement is seen and read thoroughly and properly. That is not going to happen because it would be a damaging breach of confidentiality if either side showed it to anyone other than their legal advisors and could hurt the case being brought or defended.

Wed May 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Many say that the day we turned red was their worst day as a supporter and I get that.

However, for me Black Friday was my worst day in 50 years of being a supporter. Getting messages all week/day of the next player being bombed out (including our talisman of a captain) was so upsetting that you actually wondered whether we would have a club left at the end of it.

I agree that Sam was the catalyst that the club needed but he adopted a “crash and burn” approach that had no longevity. Change was necessary and, to me, that change has taken us to a new level of financial stability that most clubs dream about.

Not only did we have the fire sale but many won’t know that there were multiple (10s, 100s) of unpaid judgments where many small, local firms suffered as a result of that regime.

We criticise the Jacks for getting away with not paying their debts by taking administration but we did virtually the same thing !

So I will always criticise Sam on that score and would never want him to have even a 1% stake in my club ever again. But, I will also recognise that without him our progress might not have ever happened or at least not as quickly.

A final point. Just because there are court cases going on doesn’t mean they will be lost by the club or even get to trial. Tan and Hammam are both stubborn characters and ultimately if it takes a judge to sort it out then so be it. I don’t know the ins and outs of the cases but the headline descriptions seem pretty light on the clubs stance so let’s see who come out on top.

Finally there appears to be some criticism of the legal fees that the club is paying out. The club didn’t issue court proceedings Hammam did, are we seriously expecting our club just to pay the full amount and not try to defend/mitigate their position !!?? Hammam has started this, let’s see who finishes it.

Pradeep answer

Where were we?

If everyone cared so much why did they not turn up and support our club before Sam arrived as perhaps we would of not been a 4th division club ?

I can ask dozens more questions as the truth is we had barely any fans and 99% of those moaning were not even attending in the those days before Sam arrived and that’s the truth.

As to court cases Tan has lost everyone of them and that’s a fact v many many people

As to Sam taking Tan to court if your owed money and the other person signs to that and originally agrees, I would take them to court as so would you if you were owed money be honest.

Over 11 years later Tan is still in court cases now with three different people.

I don’t know any other owner who is constantly involved in court cases and lost everyone.

We have 3 more court cases and I will state now Tan will win one and rightly so and lose two others costing our club £30million plus.

Even the last big case the Judge instructed both parties to come to an agreement once it finally came out, what we all knew, that Hammam was/is Langston and had effectively lent money to himself !

Yes, Tan had to pay money out but it was nowhere near the amount of the original claim so it was well worth defending.

So out of the three cases he’s going to win one of them (you might want to tell the judge that by the way, would save a bit of time !) and lose two. So basically he’s started two cases with little chance of winning them and knowing it will cost the club significant money in legal fees !! Vindictive and no feel for the club is what that looks like from a guy who, allegedly, loves the club !!

One fly in the ointment for Sam, even if he does win one case any money might be significantly hit if he loses the other cases and is ordered to pay the club’s costs too !!

Dress it up all you like but this is Sam’s last hurrah and knows it’s his last chance of screwing money out of OUR club.

Paying off Riddler, DJ, Ole etc etc just before the cases in my eyes means he lost as they all got what they wanted .

But Sam was asking for £25m+ based on the court writ. I'm sure Tan would have paid him £2m in a pre court settlement but Sam wouldn't settle. If you believe achieving a judgment for less than 10% of the original claim is winning sobeit !! Even with costs Tan would have saved the club millions by challenging that claim in court rather than just rolling over and paying £25m+.

Ole and DJ was paid off as we sacked them, pretty standard stuff. Would you rather we kept them as managers until their contracts ran out ?

Interest and costs

Tan started all these court cases due to not paying people after they were sacked or monies owing, then later not paying only settling with them after running up Legal costs to City only to be advised time and time again he would lose.

I thought that the main elements of Michael Isaac`s claim had already been rejected by the courts as being without foundation but will double check this to make sure.

I think the club will win its case regarding the Emiliano Sala transfer at the Court of Arbitration for Sport as there the legalities of the transfer will be considered in full rather than just whether or not pieces of paper were filed on time which is what FIFA ruled on. So they will look at whether FC Nantes did not comply with their legal commitments under the agreement. All will become clear in due course although it is frustrating that there is no date yet set for the CAS hearing according to their website. Should CCFC lose the case , they have already set aside in their accounts to pay the claimed transfer fee and legal costs , so there will be little or no further cost involved. Should they win the case then that provision in the accounts can be reversed and the profits will improve by about £20m. On a side note , it may or may not be a coincidence that the offices of FC Nantes have been raided as part of a criminal investigation by French police.

The case being brought by Sam against the club seems a strange one and I don`t know the basis of the claim , stated elsewhere (including by Mehmet Dalman) to be in the order of £15m so it is not really possible to comment on its merits unless and until the actual agreement is seen and read thoroughly and properly. That is not going to happen because it would be a damaging breach of confidentiality if either side showed it to anyone other than their legal advisors and could hurt the case being brought or defended.

Your right Keith, the court has virtually ruled over Michael Isaacs already thats why I said Tan would win it and right so as I have shared in City and I would be wrong to sue what he tried to do.

I can’t talk public on here about Sam and Tans case but I promise you this their is only one winner on this one as Tan signed and agreed it all.

Wed May 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
I can relate to that.

Plenty of times I saw Cardiff pick on Cardiff because the away fans stayed away. I once got hit from behind. It was a right woman punch. When I looked around him and his mates were running away. I saw the idiots at the next home game, my mate recognised them. There were a few of them but it did not stop my mate calling them out as wankers. They shit themselves when they saw me next to my mate. They ran off.

That brings back memories. I can remember many times being hit in the back of the head by some coward who then ran off :roll:

The thing is the hooliganism of the 70's and 80's was 90% of this kind of tosspot incident. I accept there was really bad incidents eg Millwall @ Luton but most so called hooligans were big tarts who only got involved if they out numbered you 10/1

I regularly saw Cardiff fans being knobheads. We have a lot of dickheads. When the support is huge they come out of the woodwork fuelled by cocaine and cheap special brew.

Wed May 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Sorry about that Tony.. if id known it was you..

Wed May 26, 2021 8:21 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Sorry about that Tony.. if id known it was you..

And I bet your the f**ker that grabbed my scarf.

Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Not yet.. what block you in...

Had mine nicked in 78.. brother got it back a few weeks later with interest, so I was told

Wed May 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Pradeep answer

Where were we?

Interest and costs

Hi Keith (hopd you font mind me using your name?) Do you really think the club will win the Emiliano Sala case? As ive read on this board, others are convinced otherwise? Personally I hope it gets resolved,and soon,as it's been a millstone around the clubs neck imo.

Wed May 26, 2021 9:44 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Pradeep answer

Where were we?

Interest and costs

Hi Keith (hopd you font mind me using your name?) Do you really think the club will win the Emiliano Sala case? As ive read on this board, others are convinced otherwise? Personally I hope it gets resolved,and soon,as it's been a millstone around the clubs neck imo.

You read on this board that we had £500 million from promotions.

There’s a lesson there.

Thu May 27, 2021 3:43 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Pradeep answer

Where were we?

Interest and costs

Yes I really believe the club will win the case because CAS will consider all legal aspects of the case and I aso know the legal team dealing with it on behalf of the club, both here and in France. Unlikely to be soon as no date for the hearing yet set

Keith

Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Pradeep answer

Where were we?

Interest and costs

Yes I really believe the club will win the case because CAS will consider all legal aspects of the case and I aso know the legal team dealing with it on behalf of the club, both here and in France. Unlikely to be soon as no date for the hearing yet set

Keith

Thanks for answering keith, much appreciated :thumbup:
Lets hope with things opening up, a date is set soon.

Paul.

Fri May 28, 2021 7:37 am

I doubt very much this will end up in court.

I thought in the beginning we had no chance but as time has gone by what has come out is unprofessionalism from FC Nantes. this will be their downfall and once they accept this we will see a speedy conclusion to it all.

If this goes to court and FC Nantes do lose, big possibility, then that will open the door to compensation. The main compensation will be for us losing our Premier status and you don't need to be an expert to know how much that would be. FC Nantes would end up folding and no one wants that. I can see an agreement being made outside court. What that agreement will be we will never know.

Fri May 28, 2021 8:02 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I doubt very much this will end up in court.

I thought in the beginning we had no chance but as time has gone by what has come out is unprofessionalism from FC Nantes. this will be their downfall and once they accept this we will see a speedy conclusion to it all.

If this goes to court and FC Nantes do lose, big possibility, then that will open the door to compensation. The main compensation will be for us losing our Premier status and you don't need to be an expert to know how much that would be. FC Nantes would end up folding and no one wants that. I can see an agreement being made outside court. What that agreement will be we will never know.

Sadly I see different, we have already lost the first case and we have appealed and I hear we are very worried.
I will go along with you Ian aka Bakedalaska and say a big settlement will once again be done outside the court but still costing us.

Fri May 28, 2021 8:13 am

where were Nantes unprofessional....

Fri May 28, 2021 9:41 am

That’s very hypothetical re us staying up if Sala joined us.

Court doesn’t deal in hypotheticals so much

Fri May 28, 2021 9:43 am

skidemin wrote:

I agree with you mate, Nantes are the innocent party, they have done nothing wrong at all

Fri May 28, 2021 9:58 am

Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I agree with you mate, Nantes are the innocent party, they have done nothing wrong at all

If they have done nothing wrong at all , why do you suppose their offices have been raided by the French police?

As to their professionalism , why did they employ Willie McKay , known to be a barred football intermediary and banned from being involved in football transfers or negotiations in a transfer deal for Emiliano Sala?

Fri May 28, 2021 10:03 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

If they have done nothing wrong at all , why do you suppose their offices have been raided by the French police?

As to their professionalism , why did they employ Willie McKay , known to be a barred football intermediary and banned from being involved in football transfers or negotiations in a transfer deal for Emiliano Sala?

Mate they found nothing, Warnocks best mate is Willie McKay and has been for years, even his sons were on City's books at the time.

Fri May 28, 2021 11:16 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

were their offices raided for anything connected to ES ?
has the raid resulted in them being charged with anything , and if so what...
and Mckay ? the same Mckay who our club was happy to deal with and go as far allowing him to sort out transport for CCFC officials including our manager to Nantes during negotiations ..
i dont think he should have been near the transfer mate but you cant be critical of one side dealing with him and then turn a blind eye to the other....

Fri May 28, 2021 11:29 am

skidemin wrote:

I read it on the Internet.

Fri May 28, 2021 12:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

and Mckay ? the same Mckay who our club was happy to deal with and go as far allowing him to sort out transport for CCFC officials including our manager to Nantes during negotiations ..
i dont think he should have been near the transfer mate but you cant be critical of one side dealing with him and then turn a blind eye to the other....

I am at least equally critical of our club and particularly Neil Warnock in the whole affair. NW was fully aware of who and what WM was and despite this was happy to deal with him and do him favours (in return for what "kickback" is my concern). The directors of our club shouldn`t have let NW get away with this . Were they directed to by the club owner perhaps after NW approached him to get his support?

Fri May 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Only one thing i have to say and that is we lost the first case as FIFA were looking at it, and personaly I would not trust them with any decision, they make, the corruption in that organision is allegedly corrupt I have to say that :lol: The second case (appeal) is a completely different animal, they are compltely independant . and have lawyers on the panel. Lastly if we lose the case as long as we have signed for the right of appeal we can then take it to the appellate arbitral tribunal section 1.4.
Well worth a read. Here is the link if you want to read it.
https://cour-europe-arbitrage.org/arbitration-rules/

Fri May 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I am at least equally critical of our club and particularly Neil Warnock in the whole affair. NW was fully aware of who and what WM was and despite this was happy to deal with him and do him favours (in return for what "kickback" is my concern). The directors of our club shouldn`t have let NW get away with this . Were they directed to by the club owner perhaps after NW approached him to get his support?

any evidence of these kickbacks ? because thats one hell of an accusation to make without any....
maybe you would be fine having it said about you...personally i wouldnt be....

Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

any evidence of these kickbacks ? because thats one hell of an accusation to make without any....
maybe you would be fine having it said about you...personally i wouldnt be....

He isnt the first to suggest warnock wasnt squeaky clean in his time here! Im sure a couple of other posters have accused him of "dodgy" dealings,and questioned his character.

Fri May 28, 2021 1:50 pm

People have to very careful in making accusations. But I often wondered why the McKay twins were at City when they were clearly not good enough. But maybe it was someone doing a friend a favour? We take on lots of youngsters, very few make it.

Fri May 28, 2021 2:04 pm

valleymodeller wrote:People have to very careful in making accusations. But I often wondered why the McKay twins were at City when they were clearly not good enough. But maybe it was someone doing a friend a favour? We take on lots of youngsters, very few make it.

This is true,people will question certain dealings though, for me it was the length pf contract for bacuna that raised an eyebrow,no doubt others have their "suspicions " on certain other dealings or happenings, that in their opinions,dont quite add up,for one reason or another.

Sat May 29, 2021 6:57 am

rumpo kid wrote:Sorry about that Tony.. if id known it was you..
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: