Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Sol Bamba Contract ‘

Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Apparently Nigel Pearson at Bristol City made contact and offered Sol a one year deal but Sol’s preference is to stay here.

Hopefully the club do the right thing and sort the renewal for a year and secure him in the clubs coaching setup.

Re: Sol Bamba Contract

Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Was Nigel Pearson Leicester City manager when Sol played for them?

Tue May 25, 2021 6:09 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Was Nigel Pearson Leicester City manager when Sol played for them?

yes...but was 10 years ago... tbh more than a bit surprised at the interest

Tue May 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Come on cardiff, we have wasted plenty on players who couldn't give two f@cks for cardiff city, sol loves it here, is loved by the fans, and what an inspirational character to have around the younsters?? I wouldnt be dissapointed if the club offers him another year, and this to me is more than sentimental, I truly believe he is an asset we should keep around.

Tue May 25, 2021 6:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Was Nigel Pearson Leicester City manager when Sol played for them?

Same very surprised but may be happy to give him a year's deal just to get him into the setup there.

I don't think Sol has any desire to move his family from the area though.

Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Same very surprised but may be happy to give him a year's deal just to get him into the setup there.

Would he have to move though? Bristol is closer than swansea, so easy commute, id be gutted if someone else takes him, and he got in their set up, not ours!

Tue May 25, 2021 6:54 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
SA18 Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Would he have to move though? Bristol is closer than swansea, so easy commute, id be gutted if someone else takes him, and he got in their set up, not ours!

I reckon he will definitely stay with us but it should have been sorted by now. It just goes to show the interest he has had regardless of his age and illness.

Sol is a top bloke :bluebird:

Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:Apparently Nigel Pearson at Bristol City made contact and offered Sol a one year deal but Sol’s preference is to stay here.

Hopefully the club do the right thing and sort the renewal for a year and secure him in the clubs coaching setup.

Sol does want to stay here 100% and is still hoping City will give him a 1 year contract and followed by coaching :bluebird:

Re: ‘ Sol Bamba Contract ‘

Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Tbh as a player he's too old but if the club have desire to have him here coaching, then they should offer him a long term coaching contract

Tue May 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Sounds like sol wants to be playing next season. I dont think that's going to happen here. Would love to see him back on the pitch, even if its not for us. If he does go elsewhere, hopefully we see him back in a year or 2 as a coach.

Tue May 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Sol needs a player coach role and development to become a manager. I would live him to succeed and I think he will.

Tue May 25, 2021 10:53 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Come on cardiff, we have wasted plenty on players who couldn't give two f@cks for cardiff city, sol loves it here, is loved by the fans, and what an inspirational character to have around the younsters?? I wouldnt be dissapointed if the club offers him another year, and this to me is more than sentimental, I truly believe he is an asset we should keep around.

Spot On :thumbup:

Tue May 25, 2021 11:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SA18 Bluebird wrote:Apparently Nigel Pearson at Bristol City made contact and offered Sol a one year deal but Sol’s preference is to stay here.

Sol does want to stay here 100% and is still hoping City will give him a 1 year contract and followed by coaching :bluebird:

Personally absolute joke. The money he’s on and wants for a new contract hope MM puts a finish to this farce.

Lots of media coverage for him I wonder why!

Tue May 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Personally absolute joke. The money he’s on and wants for a new contract hope MM puts a finish to this farce.

Lots of media coverage,probably as he's just got over cancer? How do people know the details of what he wants?
I still think he is an asset to the club, and perhaps a player/coach role would be good, for him and the club.
He came here with a poor rep, worked his socks off, and the man loves the city, both club and area, his fight back from serious illness, whilst still staying fit, would be a real inspiration to the younger players, imho rubbing off his ways onto the next generation of players here would be a good thing, showing that if you work hard enough, you can achieve anything. Just like to add, I don't believe ANY player should be looking at improved, or even the same terms as before, especially those out of contract, and coming back from injuries.all opinions of course :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 26, 2021 9:42 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Lots of media coverage,probably as he's just got over cancer? How do people know the details of what he wants?
I still think he is an asset to the club, and perhaps a player/coach role would be good, for him and the club.
He came here with a poor rep, worked his socks off, and the man loves the city, both club and area, his fight back from serious illness, whilst still staying fit, would be a real inspiration to the younger players, imho rubbing off his ways onto the next generation of players here would be a good thing, showing that if you work hard enough, you can achieve anything. Just like to add, I don't believe ANY player should be looking at improved, or even the same terms as before, especially those out of contract, and coming back from injuries.all opinions of course :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Same money he is on now and playing contract for another year, this is the complex problem that Melmet talked about :thumbup:

Wed May 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

agree.....