Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kieffer Moore Euro2020

Tue May 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Playing devil’s advocate, what happens if Kieffer scores 3 or 4 goals at this summers tournament? Also taking in to consideration his season with us then surely a Premier League bid for him will be imminent?

Re: Kieffer Moore Euro2020

Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:Playing devil’s advocate, what happens if Kieffer scores 3 or 4 goals at this summers tournament? Also taking in to consideration his season with us then surely a Premier League bid for him will be imminent?

I’m not sure that is really how devil’s advocate works.

That’s more a hypothetical scenario.

Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm

maccydee wrote:
SA18 Bluebird wrote:Playing devil’s advocate, what happens if Kieffer scores 3 or 4 goals at this summers tournament? Also taking in to consideration his season with us then surely a Premier League bid for him will be imminent?

Thanks for that, it’s a potential scenario that some may disagree with and something we all don’t want to happen. It was asked to possibly start a discussion.

I’m sure there are worse posts on here. Again, thanks for you correction.

Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Thanks for that, it’s a potential scenario that some may disagree with and something we all don’t want to happen. It was asked to possibly start a discussion.

I’m sure there are worse posts on here. Again, thanks for you correction.

Yeah I can see that actually. I think it would pass.

I think we may well end up losing him you know if he has a good Euros.

It would be a mid table team though not top end.

Tue May 25, 2021 6:03 pm

there is a decent chance we will get offers no matter how his EUROS go ....but how much and how little we would accept ..?

on the tournament im not confident he will play a great deal as he seems less in favour under Page than he was under Giggs....

Tue May 25, 2021 6:46 pm

skidemin wrote:

there is a decent chance we will get offers no matter how his EUROS go ....but how much and how little we would accept ..?

on the tournament im not confident he will play a great deal as he seems less in favour under Page than he was under Giggs....

I just think a few goals in the Euro's will enhance his stock even more!

I think we are looking at £10million plus now. In my opinion the club would accept an offer totalling £15million :(

Wed May 26, 2021 1:48 pm

It's not beyond the realms that a good Euros will see a good few European bids.

His style might fit the Italian or Spanish league

Wed May 26, 2021 2:18 pm

SA18 Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I just think a few goals in the Euro's will enhance his stock even more!

I think we are looking at £10million plus now. In my opinion the club would accept an offer totalling £15million :(

You say we are looking at £10m+, then put a sad face after your opinion that the club would accept £15m ? Tbf, if we were offered £15m for him, I think he would be sold,the concern for me lays on where the funds would go.
A £13m profit on a player after one season, isnt to be sniffed at, especially with the financial hit of covid.
Before anyone has a go, id be dissapointed if we did sell him,as we need him here next year, but a good euros may well leave us open to losing him, a sad fact,whether we agree with/like it or not.

Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 am

We cannot be afraid of selling our best players as long as:

a) we get the right price
b) our scouting is constantly working on replacements for every player in the squad

Clubs like Brentford, Norwich and even Swansea work this way. You get good fees, reinvest and constantly improve the squad. We should be working like this as a club.

Thu May 27, 2021 1:17 pm

mjw6150 wrote:We cannot be afraid of selling our best players as long as:

b) our scouting is constantly working on replacements for every player in the squad

Clubs like Brentford, Norwich and even Swansea work this way. You get good fees, reinvest and constantly improve the squad. We should be working like this as a club.

Agreed, the last couple of transfer windows we seem to have upped our game and bought players that have the potential for us to make money on e.g. Phillips, Ng, Moore along with good loan signings which are better quality but no long term financial commitment.

We actually did this throughout Dave Jones's time selling on Loovens, Johnson, Chopra, Gunter, Ramsey, etc, with loans like Drinkwater, Ramsey, Bellamy, etc.

As long as you re-invest a decent amount it's how Championship teams should work.

Thu May 27, 2021 3:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:We cannot be afraid of selling our best players as long as:

Agreed, the last couple of transfer windows we seem to have upped our game and bought players that have the potential for us to make money on e.g. Phillips, Ng, Moore along with good loan signings which are better quality but no long term financial commitment.

We actually did this throughout Dave Jones's time selling on Loovens, Johnson, Chopra, Gunter, Ramsey, etc, with loans like Drinkwater, Ramsey, Bellamy, etc.

As long as you re-invest a decent amount it's how Championship teams should work.

I agree with you both, as I said, my concern is would we use the funds to improve the squad? If we did, then it makes sense.