Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC Season tickets The club

Tue May 25, 2021 7:30 pm

CCFC Season tickets

The club are in an impossible situation.

They still have the problem regarding proposed social distancing in the stadium with 1 metre being the plan when fans are allowed to return in England but it is, as far as I am aware, still 2 metres in Wales.

MD has said that 1 metre would result in a crowd of 13,000 using the whole stadium with no away fans but 2 metres would be a crowd of 2,500 which is not an economically viable crowd. It would cost more to open than the gate receipts. If you don't know your capacity it is impossible to pitch pricing etc.

Swansea must be in the same position. No doubt the clubs in Wales incl Rugby will be lobbying the Welsh Govt for an approach that is in line with England. If and when that's the case I imagine the club can move forward on the subject of season tickets.

Apparently full capacities will not be allowed , no where near next season so our club will have to work this out.

Re: CCFC Season tickets The club

Tue May 25, 2021 8:04 pm

Always City wrote:CCFC Season tickets

They still have the problem regarding proposed social distancing in the stadium with 1 metre being the plan when fans are allowed to return in England but it is, as far as I am aware, still 2 metres in Wales.

MD has said that 1 metre would result in a crowd of 13,000 using the whole stadium with no away fans but 2 metres would be a crowd of 2,500 which is not an economically viable crowd. It would cost more to open than the gate receipts. If you don't know your capacity it is impossible to pitch pricing etc.

Swansea must be in the same position. No doubt the clubs in Wales incl Rugby will be lobbying the Welsh Govt for an approach that is in line with England. If and when that's the case I imagine the club can move forward on the subject of season tickets.

Apparently full capacities will not be allowed , no where near next season so our club will have to work this out.

Well if they don't allow normal capacity they will be stuck with a situation of no social distancing or masks outside of stadiums from 21st June? That could mean big crowds outside stadiums with fans protesting at not being allowed in? You simply cannot have no restrictions as being indicated for June and then single out football or sport for that matter to restrictions? everyone knows open air is 100% better than inside theatres ect so illogical to restrict sport stadiums but not indoor venues.

Tue May 25, 2021 8:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Well if they don't allow normal capacity they will be stuck with a situation of no social distancing or masks outside of stadiums from 21st June? That could mean big crowds outside stadiums with fans protesting at not being allowed in? You simply cannot have no restrictions as being indicated for June and then single out football or sport for that matter to restrictions? everyone knows open air is 100% better than inside theatres ect so illogical to restrict sport stadiums but not indoor venues.

There is no way that Drakeford will be easing social distancing requirements or mask wearing in Wales come 21st June.

Tue May 25, 2021 8:21 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There is no way that Drakeford will be easing social distancing requirements or mask wearing in Wales come 21st June.

Well I've no confidence he will either. :old:

Tue May 25, 2021 8:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Well I've no confidence he will either. :old:

He’ll probably do it 2 weeks after. Anything to be different purely to justify the existence of the WAG :roll:

Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm

My view is season ticket holders should come first. If that means we take up the hospitality section and the, away, section so be it.
The season doesn't kick off until August so there's plenty of time to get vaccinated. My step son is 23 he's getting his vaccine on the, weekend
There's, a report in today's express that Sturgeon and Drakeford are to meet Johnson this week to work out a joint strategy.They are having problems getting Johnson to agree to any kind of an agenda

Wed May 26, 2021 9:32 am

stickywicket wrote:My view is season ticket holders should come first. If that means we take up the hospitality section and the, away, section so be it.
The season doesn't kick off until August so there's plenty of time to get vaccinated. My step son is 23 he's getting his vaccine on the, weekend
There's, a report in today's express that Sturgeon and Drakeford are to meet Johnson this week to work out a joint strategy.They are having problems getting Johnson to agree to any kind of an agenda

Wed May 26, 2021 11:53 am

Lots of "hospitality" seats are bought for the season so are season ticket holders too.

Wed May 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Lots of "hospitality" seats are bought for the season so are season ticket holders too.

What all of them?Every single seat.

Thu May 27, 2021 6:29 am

Its pathetic if it stays at 2 meters, you can get more in a tesco extra with those restrictions, makes no sense at all. You can either go full capacity or not. If your worried about catching it then do not go. The vaccine rate should now be enough to allow life to continue.

At what point does it change?

Thu May 27, 2021 7:08 am

stickywicket wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Lots of "hospitality" seats are bought for the season so are season ticket holders too.

What all of them?Every single seat.

Didn't say every seat. Lots. 2019/20 season probably close to 50%. So about right for what crowd limits there may be. From what I saw they didn't handle the renewal and covid uncertainty for 20/21 very well so would have lost a number.