Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PLAYERS LEAVING CARDIFF CITY '

Wed May 26, 2021 10:06 am

" MY VIEW & WHAT I AM HEARING "

I am also hearing that future players wages will all be under £15,000 a week, No more £20,000 plus like Lee Tomlin.

Junior Hoilett & Joe Day already left.

Harry Wilson, Sheyi Ojo & Jordi Osei-Tutu already returned to their clubs.

Alex Smithies very good chance as on we already have Dillon Phillips and his wages are half of Smithies.
Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

George Ratcliffe not rated to make City first team???

Lee Tomlin if they can get another club to take half of his wages on??

Josh Murphy if they can get a fee for him and his wages are way above what the club now wants.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' PLAYERS LEAVING CARDIFF CITY '

Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:" MY VIEW & WHAT I AM HEARING "

I am also hearing that future players wages will all be under £15,000 a week, No more £20,000 plus like Lee Tomlin.

Alex Smithies very good chance as on we already have Dillon Phillips and his wages are half of Smithies.
Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

Josh Murphy if they can get a fee for him and his wages are way above what the club now wants.

More realistic capping the wages ,I can see alot of clubs doing this

Wed May 26, 2021 10:14 am

wez1927 wrote:

Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

Totally agree Wez :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 26, 2021 10:17 am

I could just about manage on a tad under £15k a, week. Come to think of it £15k a month would be OK.

Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am

Of the players mentioned, I won't be getting too upset over losing them.

Sol aside, I'd love to see him play 1 more year or at least stay on in a coaching role.

Wed May 26, 2021 10:21 am

Be interesting to see how other clubs view citys wage cap? Could be start of it being adopted by vast majority of clubs with exception of relegated clubs! Dont think be to much of disadvantage to us. :bluescarf:

Wed May 26, 2021 10:40 am

wez1927 wrote:

Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

Agree Wez.
I’m happy competing in the championship tbh. The only gain for my club getting promoted is the cash that comes with it. Hopefully all fans will now be sensible with expectations based on our squad that will be sssembled for next season. I’d rather 11 hungry players with a point to prove than talented journeymen any day tbh.

Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 am

I don’t see how any other clubs cannot be doing the same.
Sound business sense under the current climate, I. My opinion only the clubs with parachute payments will be able to pay more,

Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 am

fred keenor wrote:I don’t see how any other clubs cannot be doing the same.
Sound business sense under the current climate, I. My opinion only the clubs with parachute payments will be able to pay more,

I agree Fred. Maybe even they will be a little more careful, saying that, it could be seen as an ideal opportunity for them to bounce back as all others may well be cutting their cloth accordingly. It'll be interesting to see.

Wed May 26, 2021 11:45 am

stickywicket wrote:I could just about manage on a tad under £15k a, week. Come to think of it £15k a month would be OK.

My point exactly , football in the top pyramid taking the piss.

Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Wage cap makes total sense.I’d like to see Sol given a player / coaching role as he seems to tick all the boxes.

It was mentioned on here a while ago about us needing a Alan Curtis type figure,he seemed to survive when Swansea were changing managers.Maybe Sol could be that man.

Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

That seems like a sensible list as a starter for getting the wage bill down , but there may be a few more ( a central midfielder perhaps?) if it frees up room to bring someone a bit more dynamic in.

A real shame for an obviously lovely person like Sol but it would be financial folly to offer him a new contract on player`s wages and if he wants that for a further year he would have to move on to where he could be a fairly regular squad member.

Joe Bennett wanted a new improved contract not long ago and will now only be offered one on significantly reduced terms to reflect his age and injury concerns therefore he is highly likely to want to move on.

Lee Tomlin to Peterborough with us subsidising some of his wages?

Glatzel and Whyte should raise some transfer funds for us as would Murphy but Murphy won`t raise close to what we paid for him in the current market.

Wed May 26, 2021 12:40 pm

I can’t see Murphy going anywhere. There’s no way anyone will offer him the type of wage he is on with us.

Unfortunately we’re stuck with him until his contract finishes.

Meanwhile there will still be people on here saying “he needs to be given a chance” !!

Wed May 26, 2021 1:25 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I could just about manage on a tad under £15k a, week. Come to think of it £15k a month would be OK.

What was your point exactly again, money man...? :?

It's 100% not clear from the post above... :roll:

Wed May 26, 2021 1:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree Fred. Maybe even they will be a little more careful, saying that, it could be seen as an ideal opportunity for them to bounce back as all others may well be cutting their cloth accordingly. It'll be interesting to see.

Have said before relegated clubs are keeping players rather than letting them go? This season is a classic example both clubs kept their squad and got promotion.... by default this will happen more as relegated clubs wont be able to offload players because of high wages unless they have strict relegation contracts..like you say be interesting how relegated clubs do next season....

Wed May 26, 2021 2:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I dont think the relegated clubs will be doing this,at least not this season, can see them holding onto players at similar,or if relegation clause exists,a lower wage than players currently earn?
Saying that, the jacks are still paying 80k for ayew!! For me 15k a week is a fantastic wage! Trouble is, players/agents can be a tad greedy on their demands!! Makes sense to me in all honesty.the brakes need applying to the gravy train. Like you 62r, I prefer the championship(age?) Apart from the money, the prem is quite boring to me,a fight from day one to avoid getting smashed each week, the dread very early on of certain relegation fight! Love playing the big boys, and have enjoyed our good results against some of them, but them few & far between good days, are always followed by weeks of bad ones!

Wed May 26, 2021 2:44 pm

blue lagoon wrote:

What actually is your point? Everyone should be paid minimum wage? Doctors, athletes, lawyers, politicians, computer techs, TV personalities, etc?

You own a second home in Florida, allegedly. That would mean you make considerably more money than a huge proportion of the population. I’m sure a lot of people who can’t afford one home would consider that “taking the piss”.

Wed May 26, 2021 3:49 pm

Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Robert Glatzel
Gavin Whyte

It says players leaving? It will take bids to come in for those still under contract, or these players will have to agree to being loaned out( not straightforward, as player has to want to join a club 1st) so the only two glaring "leavers" are those out of contract or have refused a new one thats been offered(Bennett/Bamba?) I mean, who is going to be willing to pay tomlins wage,or even half? And even at half his wage,we are paying 10k plus each week,for a player who isnt here! Thats another player we could sign?? We will have to just wait a bit longer, until retaining list is out,to see who is leaving or not.

Wed May 26, 2021 4:24 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I dont think the relegated clubs will be doing this,at least not this season, can see them holding onto players at similar,or if relegation clause exists,a lower wage than players currently earn?
Saying that, the jacks are still paying 80k for ayew!! For me 15k a week is a fantastic wage! Trouble is, players/agents can be a tad greedy on their demands!! Makes sense to me in all honesty.the brakes need applying to the gravy train. Like you 62r, I prefer the championship(age?) Apart from the money, the prem is quite boring to me,a fight from day one to avoid getting smashed each week, the dread very early on of certain relegation fight! Love playing the big boys, and have enjoyed our good results against some of them, but them few & far between good days, are always followed by weeks of bad ones!

Show some ambition FFS Leeds and villa have hardly been smashed every week

Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I can’t see Murphy going anywhere. There’s no way anyone will offer him the type of wage he is on with us.

Meanwhile there will still be people on here saying “he needs to be given a chance” !!

same with Smithies if the rumours of his wages are remotely close....

Wed May 26, 2021 5:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I can’t see Murphy going anywhere. There’s no way anyone will offer him the type of wage he is on with us.

Best player we got is Murphy.

C'mon give him a chance.

Wed May 26, 2021 5:52 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

What actually is your point? Everyone should be paid minimum wage? Doctors, athletes, lawyers, politicians, computer techs, TV personalities, etc?

You own a second home in Florida, allegedly. That would mean you make considerably more money than a huge proportion of the population. I’m sure a lot of people who can’t afford one home would consider that “taking the piss”.

his point is he is generally anti footbal apart from Swansea........ its ok for film stars to earn millions...rock stars to earn millions ..authors to earn millions .. etc etc... but not footballers.....

Wed May 26, 2021 7:16 pm

skiprat wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Show some ambition FFS Leeds and villa have hardly been smashed every week

Ambition? Well leeds have spent more in one season up there than we did in two for one, these clubs have huge financial clout compared to ours.
So tell our owners about ambition?waited so long for a chance to see my club get to the top table, then we did, but ruined by the red saga and tbf we were crap,then we did it again in blue, spent peanuts,got monkeys,much better effort, but still relegated, so going on our recent history,please forgive my personal opinion on the premier league.

Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

C'mon give him a chance.

how does my post in anyway suggest to you im not giving him a chance....

Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

C'mon give him a chance.

how does my post in anyway suggest to you im not giving him a chance....

It doesn't. Piledriver64.

Thu May 27, 2021 10:55 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:

I refute claims I own a second home in Florida.However,I do own a man shed.Which I use as a second home.
I will have to get a sign on the door "Welcome to Florida" :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :old: :old: :) :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: