Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Gareth Bale next club '

Fri May 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Sven wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Cardiff now 10/1 :laughing6: :ayatollah:
Hes coming home!!

If the odds are shortening. Would that mean people are actually putting money on it? Stunned :shock:

ThomasC, I suspect people are jumping on a certain bandwagon...

But the dreamer in me hope... :D :ayatollah:

Bookies making a killing getting city fans to bet on him coming but knows hes going elsewhere? :D

Fri May 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Bale and Ramsey coming home ???

Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Hes coming home!!

If the odds are shortening. Would that mean people are actually putting money on it? Stunned :shock:

Bookies making a killing getting city fans to bet on him coming but knows hes going elsewhere? :D

I'm guessing (that's all) that a small number of people (Gareth, his family, agent, higher echelons of clubs involve) will know the answer, so it may be someone has/will leak it when it suits...

Gareth already has property in Cardiff and Hiwells School is no longer the cream of the crop so the would be estate agents, school governors and soothsayers on here have nothing to go on but will no doubt try...

Do I think he will come here?

I would never rule it out but I don't think the time is now... :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Valleyblue56 wrote:Bale and Ramsey coming home ???

Yep! And wilson too, that's our front line for the new season.

Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm

It is well known among people that know bale around Cardiff , he has always said he would NEVER sign for us , something to do with a historic snub back in the day.
Will never happen

Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Hes coming home!!

I'm guessing (that's all) that a small number of people (Gareth, his family, agent, higher echelons of clubs involve) will know the answer, so it may be someone has/will leak it when it suits...

Gareth already has property in Cardiff and Hiwells School is no longer the cream of the crop so the would be estate agents, school governors and soothsayers on here have nothing to go on but will no doubt try...

Do I think he will come here?

I would never rule it out but I don't think the time is now... :ayatollah:

All a bit strange Chris! Hes got limited clubs to join because of his wages... several of those clubs dont have managers yet if take what he said as gospel hes as basically got a club sorted yet nothing from Madrid which is a surprise given their president likes bale? Like you i think it is a bit early for city but suspect after next club he'll do what he's hinted at and play for us..... money is not an over riding factor as far as city is concerned as he wont demand anything we cannot afford now or in future. :old:

Fri May 28, 2021 10:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:If he were to ever join us, it would be at the very end of his career. Even then, I'd expect him to go to the MLS or China for the money - can't say I'd blame him either!

He'll probably be waiting to see who gets appointed the new manager at Real Madrid and whether they see him as part of their plan.

Spurs will probably get a minimum of £120m for Harry Kane if they sell him, everyone knows Levy drives a hard bargain. If that happens, they could afford to sign Bale if they wanted. They probably would want to as well.

Other than that, he could go to Italy. Plenty of the top clubs are having a complete overhaul this summer and there might be an opportunity for him there. Juventus, Inter, Lazio and Napoli all changing managers.

yep..if its about money you are correct....
but just maybe his next move in life will not be money orientated....

If modric is a guide way levy operates kane is going nowhere! But potterchino going to spurs may yet persuade bale to sign but there again bale's comments came before any of the afore mentioned managers resigned? Like you say money may not be the motive for next move wasnt for bellers..

Spot on allan - the managers resigning came after - Unless he knew or was told about the above ????

Maybe but what he is quoted as saying doesn't indicate anything about going any particular club or country? But he obviously got it planned and if you take what he said on face value he's got a club f
Sorted :old:

Yes a golf club

Fri May 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Bluearmy82 wrote:It is well known among people that know bale around Cardiff , he has always said he would NEVER sign for us , something to do with a historic snub back in the day.
Will never happen

To be fair, if he actually was 'snubbed' by the Bluebirds (I am told the Saints simply got to him first) then he should be grateful, as he appears to have done pretty well from it...

If, as he says, he is a Bluebird supporter, then why would he genuinely not want to end his career here in a similar way to that which Liverpool supporter but now 'home grown' Bluebird legend Craig ap Bellamy did...? :?

As I said above, I don't think it will be now but why not at some point, if he is prepared to do it... :thumbright:

Sat May 29, 2021 12:13 am

Sven wrote:
Bluearmy82 wrote:It is well known among people that know bale around Cardiff , he has always said he would NEVER sign for us , something to do with a historic snub back in the day.
Will never happen

To be fair, if he actually was 'snubbed' by the Bluebirds (I am told the Saints simply got to him first) then he should be grateful, as he appears to have done pretty well from it...

If, as he says, he is a Bluebird supporter, then why would he genuinely not want to end his career here in a similar way to that which Liverpool supporter but now 'home grown' Bluebird legend Craig ap Bellamy did...? :?

As I said above, I don't think it will be now but why not at some point, if he is prepared to do it... :thumbright:

I can honestly say, I spoke to Gareth when he was doing an advert shoot for Pepsi, on Penarth promenade and pier, as I had a contract at the pier for a number of years, he was very obliging with autographs for all, and spoke to anyone he felt like (within reason of course) my Mrs said I was a cheeky f@cker, as I asked the very question, "when you signing for the city then Gareth? ", to which he replied simply (with a cheeky grin) not yet,not yet" and laughed. So in my book I say never say never ;)
But am with you on this Chris, a bit too early yet. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Sat May 29, 2021 6:14 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Will never happen

I can honestly say, I spoke to Gareth when he was doing an advert shoot for Pepsi, on Penarth promenade and pier, as I had a contract at the pier for a number of years, he was very obliging with autographs for all, and spoke to anyone he felt like (within reason of course) my Mrs said I was a cheeky f@cker, as I asked the very question, "when you signing for the city then Gareth? ", to which he replied simply (with a cheeky grin) not yet,not yet" and laughed. So in my book I say never say never ;)

When was this meeting 62er? :?: :happy1: :P

Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 am

Bale was not snubbed by city At the time only had Centre of Excellence status , where Southampton had Academy status and a training centre for them in Bath as well Many of the talented kids at the time went across to Southampton You could not compare the set ups at the time When you had the chance then of playing other premiership teams youth set up they had a greater pull
My son was offered a place at Southampton but choose Cardiff as he was a season ticket holder and Cardiff had attained academy status and were playing against decent teams

Sat May 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Bale was not snubbed by city At the time only had Centre of Excellence status , where Southampton had Academy status and a training centre for them in Bath as well Many of the talented kids at the time went across to Southampton You could not compare the set ups at the time When you had the chance then of playing other premiership teams youth set up they had a greater pull
My son was offered a place at Southampton but choose Cardiff as he was a season ticket holder and Cardiff had attained academy status and were playing against decent teams

Thanks for clearing that up... :thumbup:

Sat May 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Bale was not snubbed by city At the time only had Centre of Excellence status , where Southampton had Academy status and a training centre for them in Bath as well Many of the talented kids at the time went across to Southampton You could not compare the set ups at the time When you had the chance then of playing other premiership teams youth set up they had a greater pull

What sort of time was this? Was it Sam’s era?

I have shared a story about a story a friend told me about Sam and how he influenced a parent to get their promising son to sign for the city when others were sniffing round including Southampton. Did you experience this? Maybe it’s a small world and you are that parent? My friend worked in Sainsbury’s.

Sat May 29, 2021 2:20 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Will never happen

Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Will never happen

Oh maybe 4/5 yrars now 62r! But it was rather tongue in cheek fronm him in all honesty (I think!) It was part of a new pepsi add. With messi and a few other biggies if I recall( no they weren't there!) He gave away about 50 signed footballs too,of which I have one,of course!
A ver amiable young man

Sat May 29, 2021 9:29 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Hes coming home!!

Some folk have more money than sense?

Why do people think this has any legs is beyond me. :roll:

Sat May 29, 2021 11:15 pm

New Day Rising wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Hes coming home!!

Some folk have more money than sense?

Why do people think this has any legs is beyond me. :roll:

It's silly season ffs, relax, let people have their dreams :roll: doesn't do any harm does it? :old: :bluebird:

Sun May 30, 2021 9:43 am

I was watching bt sport last night and was glad to see Bale got a new club. They showed it in the adverts.

Hope United

Personally, I haven't heard of them before but hope he does well there and gets lots if game time :ayatollah: :occasion5: