Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still no retained list

Thu May 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Still no retained list , surely the only 2 of concern are Joe and Ciaran ?

Re: Still no retained list

Thu May 27, 2021 2:52 pm

fred keenor wrote:Still no retained list , surely the only 2 of concern are Joe and Ciaran ?

Apparently it’s to do with what happens with Bennett, Bamba and Tomlin as it’s still all unclear.

Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 pm

Can’t see Sol being given a player contract , but hopefully he will stay on working as a coach.
Bennett a difficult one , leaves on a free , but a million or so to replace ? Either way costs the club money and probably the same as giving Joe what he thinks he expects.
But given his current injury , a hell of a risk to give him a long term contract.
As for Tomlin , is he not still under contract ?

Thu May 27, 2021 3:17 pm

fred keenor wrote:Can’t see Sol being given a player contract , but hopefully he will stay on working as a coach.
Bennett a difficult one , leaves on a free , but a million or so to replace ? Either way costs the club money and probably the same as giving Joe what he thinks he expects.
But given his current injury , a hell of a risk to give him a long term contract.

Sol it’s still unclear.

Bennett apparently was only offered a low one year one.

Tomlin yes one year left but I am hearing they would love to move him in, but not so easy to do.

Thu May 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Thanks

Thu May 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Can’t see Sol being given a player contract , but hopefully he will stay on working as a coach.

Sol it’s still unclear.

Tomlin yes one year left but I am hearing they would love to move him in, but not so easy to do.

Tomlin needs to come back to pre season FIT before anything can be done. Onus clearly on him if he comes back fit there are a couple of clubs who’d take him on a free on a 2 yr contract. That might entice him but who knows.

It’s more likely that Bamba will go and Vassel (on loan). Couple of others are likely to go to free up wages and to bring players in.

Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sol it’s still unclear.

Tomlin needs to come back to pre season FIT before anything can be done. Onus clearly on him if he comes back fit there are a couple of clubs who’d take him on a free on a 2 yr contract. That might entice him but who knows.

It’s more likely that Bamba will go and Vassel (on loan). Couple of others are likely to go to free up wages and to bring players in.

Karl,

Tomlin has to change his attitude and has to be fully fit, he is 32 years old now and still not changed.

Thu May 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sol it’s still unclear.

Karl,

Tomlin has to change his attitude and has to be fully fit, he is 32 years old now and still not changed.

Hi Annis,

I think he’s at the last chance saloon with us.

MM doesn’t rate him due to his attitude and it’ll be no surprise to see him go one way or another. I think there will be a few surprises about some outgoings even though I’d mentioned in January that Hoilett, Bennet and Bamba would be leaving.

MM knows who he wants and I hope he gets them. Should be an enjoyable transfer window.

Thu May 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Seen a pic of tomlin on Instagram on his holiday today,he looks thin

Thu May 27, 2021 5:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:Seen a pic of tomlin on Instagram on his holiday today,he looks thin

Here you go I cannot post the photo

https://www.instagram.com/leetomlin10/?hl=en

Thu May 27, 2021 5:44 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Seen a pic of tomlin on Instagram on his holiday today,he looks thin

Looks a lot better than he did hopefully taking this ore season seriously

Thu May 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Got until the end of June, so plenty of time.

Thu May 27, 2021 7:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Looks a lot better than he did hopefully taking this ore season seriously

Probably so he gets a new contract and then he can return to his usual self.

Thu May 27, 2021 7:42 pm

fred keenor wrote:Still no retained list , surely the only 2 of concern are Joe and Ciaran ?

and Sol ....