Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Chelsea beat Manchester City to win Champions League "

Sat May 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Chelsea beat Manchester City 1-0 to win the Champions League.

Kai Havertz scored the winner in the first half.

The Champions League Final between Chelsea and Manchester City takes place on Porto at 8pm tonight.

You can watch it live for free below or on the link if you prefer.

https://youtu.be/mnO3QQY5Jwo

Re: " Champions League Final - watch live here for free "

Sat May 29, 2021 5:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The Champions League Final between Chelsea and Manchester City takes place on Porto at 8pm tonight.

You can watch it live for free below or on the link if you prefer.

https://youtu.be/mnO3QQY5Jwo

Thanks for sharing Ned

Sat May 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Chelsea lead 1-0 at half time, Kai Havertz with the goal.

Good game to watch so far.

Sat May 29, 2021 8:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Chelsea lead 1-0 at half time, Kai Havertz with the goal.

Good game to watch so far.

Enjoying it too, Ned... :thumbup:

I had no 'favourite' before the game, as I was just happy to see two Premier League clubs in the final. But I have to say Chelsea deserve to be in front and Pulicic should have just made it 2 - 0

LATEST SCORE: MANCHESTER CITY 0 - 1 CHELSEA
Scorer: Kai Havertz

Sat May 29, 2021 8:47 pm

Exciting last 10 mins... :thumbup:

Chelsea lead 1 - 0

Sat May 29, 2021 8:58 pm

CHELSEA WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

A few deep beaths as Man City go clise towards the end but only one shot on target in 90 mins says it all...

An outstanding pergormance from Chelsea sees Kai Havertz score the only goal of a very good game to see them crowned as Champions League winners for the second time :clap:

FINAL SCORE: MANCHESTER CITY 0 - 1 CHELSEA

Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Sven wrote:CHELSEA WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

A few deep beaths as Man City go clise towards the end but only one shot on target in 90 mins says it all...

An outstanding pergormance from Chelsea sees Kai Havertz score the only goal of a very good game to see them crowned as Champions League winners for the second time :clap:

Agree with your earlier comment, I didn't really mind who won.

Chelsea deserved it though. Defended very well. Congratulations to them.

Re: " Chelsea beat Manchester City to win Champions League "

Sat May 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Enjoyed that and for me Chelsea deserved the win although City pushed them all the way.

Like the look of that Kante guy maybe MM should try for a sneaky loan. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Chris that was not a good game of football.... is it me or is winning by playing 11 man defence getting the norm happened with man u and other games seen same thing?
Chelsea deserved to win but only because they had game plan of stopped city with total defence and falling over to break game up! The game is going down the pan with the so called sportsmanship or more like cheating..... :roll:

Sat May 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Well done to Chelsea - Cheers for the link Ned :thumbup:

Sun May 30, 2021 10:21 am

What was he thinking no holding midfielder? Kante battered them.

If there ever was a song for he’s here, he’s there, he’s every f*cking where it’s about Kante.

Sun May 30, 2021 1:25 pm

Great game that.. a lot to do with a Referee who didn’t put up with nonsense from the brats.. unlike our bungling fools.

Sun May 30, 2021 2:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Chris that was not a good game of football.... is it me or is winning by playing 11 man defence getting the norm happened with man u and other games seen same thing?
Chelsea deserved to win but only because they had game plan of stopped city with total defence and falling over to break game up! The game is going down the pan with the so called sportsmanship or more like cheating..... :roll:

I disagree, I thought it was a good game to watch.

More of a tactical battle than an end-to-end game, but I enjoyed watching it.

As said by maccydee, it was a huge mistake by Pep Guardiola not to play Fernandinho.

He actually tried to play a really attacking game with De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Foden, Gundogan and Mahrez all starting - but it backfired.

Really impressed with Chelsea defensively.

Sun May 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Corrected
Last edited by Scoularite on Sun May 30, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 30, 2021 8:21 pm

y rumpo kid » Sun May 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Great game that.. a lot to do with a Referee who didn’t put up with nonsense from the brats.. unlike our bungling fools.
rumpo kid

Generally agree, but thought he missed a red when Rudiger stuck his shoulder in De Bruyne's, broke his nose and gave him a black eye. When they showed in slow motion later it looked really bad.

Also thought Kante was outstanding.

Sun May 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Scoularite wrote:
y rumpo kid » Sun May 30, 2021 2:25 pm

rumpo kid

Generally agree, but thought he missed a red when Rudiger stuck his shoulder in De Bruyne's, broke his nose and gave him a black eye. When they showed in slow motion later it looked really bad.

Also thought Kante was outstanding.

thought he was very poor picked and chose what non fouls to give and got the big decision wrong... that was a nasty challenge that was intended to do far more than obstruct his run.....