Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Hmmmmm / Very interesting listening “

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:56 pm

I spoke to Keith Morgan this morning on the phone , Cardiff owe about £34mill to other parties now, not just Tan.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I'm not happy at what is happening behind the scenes at the club.

For me personally, it all spirals back to the question of our Premier league money and where that went.

Admìttedly there are a number of claims, counter claims and rumours, because that's all we have to go on, but I'd love an independent to go in and find out just what is going on, what went on, and where we are headed.

The £500 million? :laughing6:

no mate it was half a crown..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I'm not happy at what is happening behind the scenes at the club.

For me personally, it all spirals back to the question of our Premier league money and where that went.

Admìttedly there are a number of claims, counter claims and rumours, because that's all we have to go on, but I'd love an independent to go in and find out just what is going on, what went on, and where we are headed.

Actually with the two promotions and the seasons combined with sponsorships, gate monies, etc if you read properly it’s worth near £400mill and if we had not been red, we lost an unbelievable income on merchandise etc etc

Why do people think premier league is a cash cow for clubs? Norwich pleading poverty and only one season out top league? Now they suppose to be careful with money never spent like Fulham yet if believe their chairman they dont have the money to splash out this season? Theses threads are manipulated so much it's hard to know if its £1 or 1billion pounds of debt so many different figures being bandied about? As they say it will all come out in the wash whenever if ever tan sells up! until then the truth is out there somewhere..:o

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Actually with the two promotions and the seasons combined with sponsorships, gate monies, etc if you read properly it’s worth near £400mill and if we had not been red, we lost an unbelievable income on merchandise etc etc

Why do people think premier league is a cash cow for clubs? Norwich pleading poverty and only one season out top league? Now they suppose to be careful with money never spent like Fulham yet if believe their chairman they dont have the money to splash out this season? Theses threads are manipulated so much it's hard to know if its £1 or 1billion pounds of debt so many different figures being bandied about? As they say it will all come out in the wash whenever if ever tan sells up! until then the truth is out there somewhere..:o

but we didnt spend like Fulham either....

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Also the club through companies is being lent money at high interest, hmmmm?

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

but we didnt spend like Fulham either....

Spot on :thumbright:

Plus we wasted £millions on the rebrand and court cases.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 pm

I just listened and it sounds like Max Watters was a board signing, not actually a Harris signing.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Always City wrote:I just listened and it sounds like Max Watters was a board signing, not actually a Harris signing.

We've said that from the beginning and he (Harris) cannot take credit for a number of other players either... :thumbright:

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:20 am

I always thought they said that the money for the Sala Transfer was set aside so was dissapointing to here him say we'll be bust if we lose the case unless I misunderstood.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:40 am

RV Casual wrote:I always thought they said that the money for the Sala Transfer was set aside so was dissapointing to here him say we'll be bust if we lose the case unless I misunderstood.

Steve,

They actually did, but you know MP Dalman.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:41 am

RV Casual wrote:I always thought they said that the money for the Sala Transfer was set aside so was dissapointing to here him say we'll be bust if we lose the case unless I misunderstood.

It is included in the accounts as a provision on the balance sheet. It is stated in the accounts thread in the OP. Ninian1962 also discusses it as well in the thread.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Actually with the two promotions and the seasons combined with sponsorships, gate monies, etc if you read properly it’s worth near £400mill and if we had not been red, we lost an unbelievable income on merchandise etc etc[/quot

Annis

You only get to a total of nearly £400m if you add up the total income from all sources for nine years from 2010/11 to 2018/19 seasons inclusive - that comes to £398.8m. I agree that we may have lost a few £m due to the rebrand but not more than that as our merchandise sales figures are not huge each year in normal years.

Whatever our income figures have been the club has always (well for 15 years or more anyway) paid out too much in wages for its income levels. Since 2011 the club has always paid out more in wages alone than its total income , the only exceptions being the two seasons in the Premier League , plus the latest accounts for 2019/20 (at last it seems the wage budget is being better controlled).

Including 2019/20 , for the whole of the 10 year period since 2010 there has only been £80m left over after paying the wage bill to pay all of the other costs of running the rest of the club. Your figure of £400m though is a lot closer than the one quoted by whoever it was that said £500m was correct.

I

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

It is included in the accounts as a provision on the balance sheet. It is stated in the accounts thread in the OP. Ninian1962 also discusses it as well in the thread.

Sorry mate, I don't understand whst that means, I always thought they had the money set aside even if we lost the case we would be OK as it was ready but Dalman said if we lose the case we'll go bust, which is it?

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

I don't understand it mate, why did he say we'll go bust if we lose the Sala case? I find that really worrying or was it a miscommunication of words.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

I don't understand it mate, why did he say we'll go bust if we lose the Sala case? I find that really worrying or was it a miscommunication of words.

Because Dalman talks shite / riddles and a few of these lot believe , the man who cares not a bit for City.

Dalman has insisted that if we lose the Sala case, City's future in the balance, yet they said the money has been put aside???

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

Because Dalman talks shite / riddles and a few of these lot believe , the man who cares not a bit for City.

Dalman has insisted that if we lose the Sala case, City's future in the balance, yet they said the money has been put aside???

He seems to speak with fork tongue.

To be a good liar you need an excellent memory.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

No idea mate. I havnt seen the interview when he said it. Id imagine he was talking rubbish or what he said was taken out of context. But the money has been included in the published accounts and its been said by the club the money has been put aside.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

No idea mate. I havnt seen the interview when he said it. Id imagine he was talking rubbish or what he said was taken out of context. But the money has been included in the published accounts and its been said by the club the money has been put aside.

I’ve not seen it either.

Maybe it was like Tan’s goalkeeper scoring comment.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

No idea why he said it then mate but he 100% did, he talked about the club fighting 3 court cases, Sala case then also being sued by Sam and Isaacs, he then said if we lose the Sala case we are bust.

Tbh, I agree with Annis, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, he comes accross arrogant and insinceere, I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

No idea why he said it then mate but he 100% did, he talked about the club fighting 3 court cases, Sala case then also being sued by Sam and Isaacs, he then said if we lose the Sala case we are bust.

Tbh, I agree with Annis, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, he comes accross arrogant and insinceere, I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

yes he did.... my opinion of MD is the same as yours... it didnt use to be but the more he talks the more he contradicts his previous words...