Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:12 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think



That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.


More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.


The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.

Did you not read kieths piece or are you just ignoring the fact that the loss was down to having to reimburse tv monies and other costs due to covid ? So it not rubbish at all the only charges are Tan and thats a fact the 39 million debt is Tans company too ,do the research please tan borrowed the club 39 million in the season we went up against future TV monies for cash flow it was in the last accounts


I did read it. Did you, or did you just pick the bits out that you want to hear?




My point was that this is a very short of covid represented, and next year will be a lot worse. My comment of "absolute rubbish" was you saying that it's not too bad.


Most of the debts may well be to Tan's companies (even though he promised we'd be debt free).

Not forgetting the small amount of money we owe in future transfer fees and all the money we'll have to pay when we lose the Sala case.



But it's pointless even talking to you about it, you'll defend Tan no matter what.

It's no point talking to you tbh , you just hate the club and put it down at every opportunity, my comment on not to bad I stand by, as Keith said I his review of the accounts , we would of broken even which I thought was great without covid !
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Ninian1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:14 am

Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think


Mate Covid was less than 2 months of these accounts and its shocking what Dalman and Directors get. Dalman also said Tan was only debtor, more bullshit


The other debt might be Tan but a different company. Like when Sam was Langstone.



just reading your reply to always blue, i believe Dalman has lent our club money at a very high interest rate.


The accounts show that an unnamed director lent the club £4m in the year and charged £123k of interest for doing so, The loan was fully repaid during the year so I don`t know for how long the money was lent. If it was for say 6 months before being repaid then the interest would have been at around 6%
Ninian1962
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:16 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think


Mate Covid was less than 2 months of these accounts and its shocking what Dalman and Directors get. Dalman also said Tan was only debtor, more bullshit


The other debt might be Tan but a different company. Like when Sam was Langstone.



just reading your reply to always blue, i believe Dalman has lent our club money at a very high interest rate.


The accounts show that an unnamed director lent the club £4m in the year and charged £123k of interest for doing so, The loan was fully repaid during the year so I don`t know for how long the money was lent. If it was for say 6 months before being repaid then the interest would have been at around 6%

6% isn't too bad for commercial loan I remember the days of 20% wasn't it issacs that charge the club that ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Blue78 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:21 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think



That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.


More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.


The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.

Did you not read kieths piece or are you just ignoring the fact that the loss was down to having to reimburse tv monies and other costs due to covid ? So it not rubbish at all the only charges are Tan and thats a fact the 39 million debt is Tans company too ,do the research please tan borrowed the club 39 million in the season we went up against future TV monies for cash flow it was in the last accounts


I did read it. Did you, or did you just pick the bits out that you want to hear?




My point was that this is a very short of covid represented, and next year will be a lot worse. My comment of "absolute rubbish" was you saying that it's not too bad.


Most of the debts may well be to Tan's companies (even though he promised we'd be debt free).

Not forgetting the small amount of money we owe in future transfer fees and all the money we'll have to pay when we lose the Sala case.



But it's pointless even talking to you about it, you'll defend Tan no matter what.


It’s going to be a ‘lot worse’ for every football club and any other business in the entertainment industry.

Did you see that we are owed more in future transfer fees than we owe others (Sala issue apart)?

As for money taken out of the club - I don’t know (and I suspect you don’t either) whether this is high or low in comparison to other clubs of our size so saying it is a disgrace may be true…but equally we could be getting a good deal. Nobody is involved with this club (or most clubs) for philanthropy reasons so going to have to expect that there are going to be some pretty hefty fees in a world that is over indulgent on the cash front.
Blue78
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Ninian1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:What i have worked out is the sale of our players saved us, bringing in over £22mill, plus about £35mill from parachute payments.


Annis , we only got £2.3m in actual cash from transfers out in the whole year , but paid out £24.7m in cash for players brought in. Even in profit terms , we didn`t make a profit of £22m, the actual figure was £13.7m.

The figure you quote for parachute money income is not far out - it was actually about £33m - but our other income was very low in the season (see my commentary figure of £11m carried forward to the next season because of Covid season extension into June). Match day income was only £3.7m and sponsorship and other income only £5.5m. Both of these figures would be far lower again in the season just ended (after the £11m timing adjustment) as there were no matches to attend and no corporate events possible at the stadium.
Ninian1962
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:30 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What i have worked out is the sale of our players saved us, bringing in over £22mill, plus about £35mill from parachute payments.


Annis , we only got £2.3m in actual cash from transfers out in the whole year , but paid out £24.7m in cash for players brought in. Even in profit terms , we didn`t make a profit of £22m, the actual figure was £13.7m.

The figure you quote for parachute money income is not far out - it was actually about £33m - but our other income was very low in the season (see my commentary figure of £11m carried forward to the next season because of Covid season extension into June). Match day income was only £3.7m and sponsorship and other income only £5.5m. Both of these figures would be far lower again in the season just ended (after the £11m timing adjustment) as there were no matches to attend and no corporate events possible at the stadium.

So in your eyes, are we heading in the right direction or not mate? Pros and cons?
Sorry, complete amateur here as you can probably guess.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Ninian1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What i have worked out is the sale of our players saved us, bringing in over £22mill, plus about £35mill from parachute payments.


Annis , we only got £2.3m in actual cash from transfers out in the whole year , but paid out £24.7m in cash for players brought in. Even in profit terms , we didn`t make a profit of £22m, the actual figure was £13.7m.

The figure you quote for parachute money income is not far out - it was actually about £33m - but our other income was very low in the season (see my commentary figure of £11m carried forward to the next season because of Covid season extension into June). Match day income was only £3.7m and sponsorship and other income only £5.5m. Both of these figures would be far lower again in the season just ended (after the £11m timing adjustment) as there were no matches to attend and no corporate events possible at the stadium.

So in your eyes, are we heading in the right direction or not mate? Pros and cons?
Sorry, complete amateur here as you can probably guess.


The honest answer is that it is impossible to say. There are too many uncontrollable factors like how long Covid will prevent a return to match day attendances at a profitable level (2 metre distancing in the ground will mean the costs of opening will outweigh the income), how much the club wage bill can be reduced whilst still retaining a competitive team etc.

One factor is clear however. Whatever people`s views on how Vincent Tan has run and continues to run the club (my personal views are mixed on this)there is no doubt that without cash injections from him and others it would have run out of money and been forced to dramatically reduce its playing squad or worse completely ceased to trade or gone into Administration. Because of that support , the club is still here and functioning in June 2021 and planning ahead for the forthcoming season. It will be difficult and almost certainly requiring further new funding (see my comment about more borrowing between May 2020 and April 2021) but we will be far from the only club facing the same issues in the next year or two.
Ninian1962
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:49 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What i have worked out is the sale of our players saved us, bringing in over £22mill, plus about £35mill from parachute payments.


Annis , we only got £2.3m in actual cash from transfers out in the whole year , but paid out £24.7m in cash for players brought in. Even in profit terms , we didn`t make a profit of £22m, the actual figure was £13.7m.

The figure you quote for parachute money income is not far out - it was actually about £33m - but our other income was very low in the season (see my commentary figure of £11m carried forward to the next season because of Covid season extension into June). Match day income was only £3.7m and sponsorship and other income only £5.5m. Both of these figures would be far lower again in the season just ended (after the £11m timing adjustment) as there were no matches to attend and no corporate events possible at the stadium.

So in your eyes, are we heading in the right direction or not mate? Pros and cons?
Sorry, complete amateur here as you can probably guess.


The honest answer is that it is impossible to say. There are too many uncontrollable factors like how long Covid will prevent a return to match day attendances at a profitable level (2 metre distancing in the ground will mean the costs of opening will outweigh the income), how much the club wage bill can be reduced whilst still retaining a competitive team etc.

One factor is clear however. Whatever people`s views on how Vincent Tan has run and continues to run the club (my personal views are mixed on this)there is no doubt that without cash injections from him and others it would have run out of money and been forced to dramatically reduce its playing squad or worse completely ceased to trade or gone into Administration. Because of that support , the club is still here and functioning in June 2021 and planning ahead for the forthcoming season. It will be difficult and almost certainly requiring further new funding (see my comment about more borrowing between May 2020 and April 2021) but we will be far from the only club facing the same issues in the next year or two.

Thanks for taking the time to write that mate. Very clear. Much appreciated
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:50 am

Thanks, Keith :thumbup:

Enlightening and informative as ever... :ayatollah:
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 20690
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby maccydee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What i have worked out is the sale of our players saved us, bringing in over £22mill, plus about £35mill from parachute payments.


Annis , we only got £2.3m in actual cash from transfers out in the whole year , but paid out £24.7m in cash for players brought in. Even in profit terms , we didn`t make a profit of £22m, the actual figure was £13.7m.

The figure you quote for parachute money income is not far out - it was actually about £33m - but our other income was very low in the season (see my commentary figure of £11m carried forward to the next season because of Covid season extension into June). Match day income was only £3.7m and sponsorship and other income only £5.5m. Both of these figures would be far lower again in the season just ended (after the £11m timing adjustment) as there were no matches to attend and no corporate events possible at the stadium.

So in your eyes, are we heading in the right direction or not mate? Pros and cons?
Sorry, complete amateur here as you can probably guess.


The honest answer is that it is impossible to say. There are too many uncontrollable factors like how long Covid will prevent a return to match day attendances at a profitable level (2 metre distancing in the ground will mean the costs of opening will outweigh the income), how much the club wage bill can be reduced whilst still retaining a competitive team etc.

One factor is clear however. Whatever people`s views on how Vincent Tan has run and continues to run the club (my personal views are mixed on this)there is no doubt that without cash injections from him and others it would have run out of money and been forced to dramatically reduce its playing squad or worse completely ceased to trade or gone into Administration. Because of that support , the club is still here and functioning in June 2021 and planning ahead for the forthcoming season. It will be difficult and almost certainly requiring further new funding (see my comment about more borrowing between May 2020 and April 2021) but we will be far from the only club facing the same issues in the next year or two.


So totally different to the past when lack of available money caused us to have debt to HMRC which would have resulted in admin at least.

Your honour I rest my case.

Amazing write up. Very informative and neither pro or anti Tan so actually unbiased.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:43 pm

So basically
If your in the tan camp your happy
But if your anti tan (pro sam ) your not
You can use figures all day long in different ways to prove numerous points
For what its worth i think tan is actually a good owner
And i shudder to think where we would be under sam during covid
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 7023
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby maccydee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:So basically
If your in the tan camp your happy
But if your anti tan (pro sam ) your not
You can use figures all day long in different ways to prove numerous points
For what its worth i think tan is actually a good owner
And i shudder to think where we would be under sam during covid


The same we were around Black Friday I would suggest as the money ran out and lending streams ended. Although we would have got loans from the EFL etc possibly.

However that would have been the same with many clubs though and we certainly would have been fucked were we where we were before Sam or if Riddler was here.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby 65Blue » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Always City wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think



That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.


More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.


The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.



Likewise you both like to put down Tan and Dalman at every opportunity, it's not your money it's Tan's who is keeping us afloat. Perhaps all you Tan haters should buy him out and run the club like Newport. As a business man I understand a PL Account and Balance Sheet do you?


Worcester, i could not of put it better.
Wez, supports Dalman, tan no matter what even when its their in black and white, Wez should be putting our club first instead he backs Dalmans shite, unbelievable
65Blue
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby maccydee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:06 pm

65Blue wrote:
Always City wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think



That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.


More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.


The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.



Likewise you both like to put down Tan and Dalman at every opportunity, it's not your money it's Tan's who is keeping us afloat. Perhaps all you Tan haters should buy him out and run the club like Newport. As a business man I understand a PL Account and Balance Sheet do you?


Worcester, i could not of put it better.
Wez, supports Dalman, tan no matter what even when its their in black and white, Wez should be putting our club first instead he backs Dalmans shite, unbelievable


I see Wez as someone who isn’t blinded by hatred of Tan and plays it straight.

Others hate Tan and will never give credit. If he cured cancer they would say what took him so long.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm

maccydee wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Always City wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically without covid we would of broke even ,not too bad I think



That's absolute rubbish and you know it.

These accounts cover a very short period of Covid. If the whole Covid period was represented, they would be far worse.


More bullshit from Dalman when he said the only debt we had was to Tan (even though Tan said we'd be debt free by now).

The other debtors aren't registered charges at companies house but they're still debts.

In these accounts, Tan has still not converted any of our debts to him to shares.


The money taken out of the club by these people is a disgrace.



Likewise you both like to put down Tan and Dalman at every opportunity, it's not your money it's Tan's who is keeping us afloat. Perhaps all you Tan haters should buy him out and run the club like Newport. As a business man I understand a PL Account and Balance Sheet do you?


Worcester, i could not of put it better.
Wez, supports Dalman, tan no matter what even when its their in black and white, Wez should be putting our club first instead he backs Dalmans shite, unbelievable


I see Wez as someone who isn’t blinded by hatred of Tan and plays it straight.

Others hate Tan and will never give credit. If he cured cancer they would say what took him so long.

Bang on , couldbe worse could have other owners who wouldn't put any money in :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Sven wrote:Thanks, Keith :thumbup:

Enlightening and informative as ever... :ayatollah:



Chris very informative and enlightening but still people only see what they want to see and use various figures to prove points for and against tan and club..... think its time people stopped believing Dalman whatever he says because he makes things up like sala case we'll go bust if have to pay yet it clearly states provisions made for it which as been stated previously as well.....far to many amateur accountants on here who can't even use an abacus. :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 25016
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby JulesK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:49 pm

One mistake which he reversed and he is still hated , even after these accounts some will say he is robbing us even though it is perfectly clear that without Mr Tan we probably would not exist ( in our present form )

Still, hey perhaps some would rather that clown from Sheffield Wednesday at least he didn't change a shirt colour :D
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi Keith,

Am I right in saying the loans the club received were from other parties, Dalman & banks and at interest of course 6% ?


I read you write this, so as now No more parachute payments they can’t loan anymore?

£32.5m of the "other" loans of £43.5m (£37.6m repayable by 31 May 2021 and £5.9m payable after that) was secured against guaranteed future revenue streams - i.e. parachute monies - so would have been repaid when those were received after the year end. A further £10.9m was secured against future instalments receivable in transfer fee instalments so would have been repaid/will be repaid when those are received.

So is everything now repaid?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135265
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Ninian1962 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hi Keith,

Am I right in saying the loans the club received were from other parties, Dalman & banks and at interest of course 6% ?


I read you write this, so as now No more parachute payments they can’t loan anymore?

£32.5m of the "other" loans of £43.5m (£37.6m repayable by 31 May 2021 and £5.9m payable after that) was secured against guaranteed future revenue streams - i.e. parachute monies - so would have been repaid when those were received after the year end. A further £10.9m was secured against future instalments receivable in transfer fee instalments so would have been repaid/will be repaid when those are received.

So is everything now repaid?


Annis a loan of £4m was put in by an unnamed director in the year which had been repaid during the year so no balance left payable as at the year end. Whoever that director was charged total interest of £123k for that loan but we don`t know for what period that money was lent to the club so don`t know what rate of interest was charged to arrive at that figure. If the loan was for say a 6 month period then the interest was about 6% , if for a full year (unlikely) then it was only about 3%.
The other loans of £43m was the balance as at 31 May 2020, Most of that would have been repaid early in financial year 2020/21 when the parachute payments cash came in as would some of the loan linked to transfer cash due in (about £7.1m). The rest of the loan was secured against money due in after the next financial year which ended this week so was still due then (about £5.9m.

There were then other loans received of £34.8m between May 2020 and April 2021 . These would be secured against the parachute money for the season just ended (the cash not yet received) and be paid back from that and possibly also against any transfer fee instalments we are due from player sales in the season just ended.

From now on we will not be in receipt of any more parachute payments so other than Vincent Tan (or possibly Mehmet Dalman and his companies)no-one is likely to lend the club large sums of money.

Keith
Ninian1962
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 11:43 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hi Keith,

Am I right in saying the loans the club received were from other parties, Dalman & banks and at interest of course 6% ?


I read you write this, so as now No more parachute payments they can’t loan anymore?

£32.5m of the "other" loans of £43.5m (£37.6m repayable by 31 May 2021 and £5.9m payable after that) was secured against guaranteed future revenue streams - i.e. parachute monies - so would have been repaid when those were received after the year end. A further £10.9m was secured against future instalments receivable in transfer fee instalments so would have been repaid/will be repaid when those are received.

So is everything now repaid?


Annis a loan of £4m was put in by an unnamed director in the year which had been repaid during the year so no balance left payable as at the year end. Whoever that director was charged total interest of £123k for that loan but we don`t know for what period that money was lent to the club so don`t know what rate of interest was charged to arrive at that figure. If the loan was for say a 6 month period then the interest was about 6% , if for a full year (unlikely) then it was only about 3%.
The other loans of £43m was the balance as at 31 May 2020, Most of that would have been repaid early in financial year 2020/21 when the parachute payments cash came in as would some of the loan linked to transfer cash due in (about £7.1m). The rest of the loan was secured against money due in after the next financial year which ended this week so was still due then (about £5.9m.

There were then other loans received of £34.8m between May 2020 and April 2021 . These would be secured against the parachute money for the season just ended (the cash not yet received) and be paid back from that and possibly also against any transfer fee instalments we are due from player sales in the season just ended.

From now on we will not be in receipt of any more parachute payments so other than Vincent Tan (or possibly Mehmet Dalman and his companies)no-one is likely to lend the club large sums of money.

Keith



Thank you Keith, you have cleared a lot up for me :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135265
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 pm

So to May 2020, 57 players shared almost £28m. in salaries.These player numbers include youngsters. An average of £487,800 each including kids. Herein lies the problem - the City should introduce a more realistic pay structure that they can afford. The players’ pay will still be a sum all of us on this board can only dream about.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:32 pm

The Cardiff City debts remain excess of £100m.

By Paul Abbandonato Chief Sports writer

Media Wales

Cardiff City have announced £12.2m losses following their relegation from the Premier League
Cardiff City made loss of £12.2million following relegation from the Premier League, the club accounts tell us.

The club's debt remains in excess of £100m, with the bulk of that figure owed to the Bluebirds' Malaysian owner Vincent Tan, some to banks and an unknown Director.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135265
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:57 pm

Tan will cut his losses and run leaving us in debt, it's all a big lie imo.
User avatar
FOOTSOLDIER
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:26 pm
Location: ABERDARE

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby maccydee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:05 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Tan will cut his losses and run leaving us in debt, it's all a big lie imo.


We are in debt to him. If he doesn’t get it he doesn’t get paid.

Can you leave the debate to the adults please?
maccydee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:39 pm

The book valuation of the stadium for £80 million is a farce and concerning. Who is going to ever buy it? No one I hope. Simply a means Tan can leverage and borrow on clubs behalf.

And the amount of money going the way of Directors, most of which I'm guessing goes to Chairman Dalman, is shocking for an organisation with heavy losses.

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Installments, agents fees the lot.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:59 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The book valuation of the stadium for £80 million is a farce and concerning. Who is going to ever buy it? No one I hope. Simply a means Tan can leverage and borrow on clubs behalf.

And the amount of money going the way of Directors, most of which I'm guessing goes to Chairman Dalman, is shocking for an organisation with heavy losses.

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Installments, agents fees the lot.




Try telling Tans followers, their obsession for him, has started to forget about what really matters our club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135265
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:


Try telling Tans followers, their obsession for him, has started to forget about what really matters our club.


Well some fans think that financially supporting CCFC because we have more outgoings than incomings is what really matters to our club. I wouldn't call that an obsession I would call it gratitude.

Also no-one saw the Covid crisis coming and the affect that would have on the personal finances of Tan. His companies are heavily reliant on the leisure industry which has been devastated during the pandemic.

Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to understand that plans to make us debt free by 2021 will have to be put on hold and met at a later date. At the end of the day whilst everything is not perfect @ our football club we do have the ability to continue to trade and survive at this level, whilst many more clubs won't have that luxury.
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:So to May 2020, 57 players shared almost £28m. in salaries.These player numbers include youngsters. An average of £487,800 each including kids. Herein lies the problem - the City should introduce a more realistic pay structure that they can afford. The players’ pay will still be a sum all of us on this board can only dream about.

It's the same at every club ,but the wages also include all staff stadium, playing ,trying ground staff too etc, I wage cap outside the Premier league is a must for the future of football
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:


Try telling Tans followers, their obsession for him, has started to forget about what really matters our club.


Well some fans think that financially supporting CCFC because we have more outgoings than incomings is what really matters to our club. I wouldn't call that an obsession I would call it gratitude.

Also no-one saw the Covid crisis coming and the affect that would have on the personal finances of Tan. His companies are heavily reliant on the leisure industry which has been devastated during the pandemic.

Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to understand that plans to make us debt free by 2021 will have to be put on hold and met at a later date. At the end of the day whilst everything is not perfect @ our football club we do have the ability to continue to trade and survive at this level, whilst many more clubs won't have that luxury.

Well said Tony
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Breaking: ' Cardiff City Accounts RELEASED '

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:05 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The book valuation of the stadium for £80 million is a farce and concerning. Who is going to ever buy it? No one I hope. Simply a means Tan can leverage and borrow on clubs behalf.

And the amount of money going the way of Directors, most of which I'm guessing goes to Chairman Dalman, is shocking for an organisation with heavy losses.

About time football made transfer fees totally and absolutely transparent. Installments, agents fees the lot.

To rebuild our stadium would cost at least 80m so hardly a farce tbh
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crayfish, Google [Bot], jimmy_rat, mikeyblue, montyblue, Welshman in CA and 166 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.