Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: ' Taking the Knee at football '

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:29 pm

So take the knee outside twitter et al HQ.. its making things worse imo.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 am

Sky Sports:
Scotland's players will discuss taking a knee with England in a show of solidarity against racism in their Euro 2020 clash.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sky Sports:
Scotland's players will discuss taking a knee with England in a show of solidarity against racism in their Euro 2020 clash.

so now that the penny has dropped that they were supporting a far left political movement and they were wrong in doing so....they are going to pretend it was solidarity against racism which means those that boo can be seen as racists
they should be discussing an apology to ordinary people who watched politic free football before these idiots were born and still will be watching long after some of their names are forgotten....

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:40 pm

It's all mad ,I've been saying to people from the beginning that BLM are a political organisation and have no place in football ,the fa have broken there own rules ,I still can't believe how many people got taken in by them.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:57 pm

The players are doing it because they want to do it. It’s their right to make that choice, in the same way that it’s your right to express your opinion that you don’t like people taking the knee.

My personal position is that I think it has lost a lot of its impact, but I respect anyone who wants to make a simple protest by doing it.

We are lucky to have the choice to express such different approaches to life, and for that reason I really hope that nobody boos the players when they do it. Be politely silent. Sometimes less is more.

:bluescarf:

Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:00 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The players are doing it because they want to do it. It’s their right to make that choice, in the same way that it’s your right to express your opinion that you don’t like people taking the knee.

My personal position is that I think it has lost a lot of its impact, but I respect anyone who wants to make a simple protest by doing it.

We are lucky to have the choice to express such different approaches to life, and for that reason I really hope that nobody boos the players when they do it. Be politely silent. Sometimes less is more.

:bluescarf:

you dont think some of the players are feeling under pressure to do it.... ?

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:57 pm

They started taking the knee to support BLM,but after a while when they realised what BLM were all about they have tried to say taking the knee is just about against racism,but taking the knee has still got BLM all over it in people's minds , football has already got a kick it out campaign ,

Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:54 pm

skidemin wrote:

so now that the penny has dropped that they were supporting a far left political movement and they were wrong in doing so....they are going to pretend it was solidarity against racism which means those that boo can be seen as racists
they should be discussing an apology to ordinary people who watched politic free football before these idiots were born and still will be watching long after some of their names are forgotten....

Its called digging yourself in a hole or in this case digging yourself further in the hole.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Its called digging yourself in a hole or in this case digging yourself further in the hole.

i dont get it mate.... had they just dropped the kneeling thing which is 100% being associated with BLM and the cause of the booing ..then a couple of months later started a different kick it out campaign about racial equality i doubt there would be opposition at all let alone it being booed ,its almost as if some people are happy with the division its caused......

Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Firque Hall wrote:I thought it should be stopped but then I watched this on the beeb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56949358

Wrighty is top bloke who was working as a plasterer and playing non league when he was signed by palace, nobody should accept this abuse so I think taking the knee stays until the abuse stops

and this has what to do with supporting an extreme left wing political movement..

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 am

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i dont get it mate.... had they just dropped the kneeling thing which is 100% being associated with BLM and the cause of the booing ..then a couple of months later started a different kick it out campaign about racial equality i doubt there would be opposition at all let alone it being booed ,its almost as if some people are happy with the division its caused......

I’ve long believed much of this is to drive societal division, ultimately it will increased racism.

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:47 am

The players have a right to do as they please and go down on their knees.

Supporters have a right to boo the action as it’s their right to reply.

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Taking the knee is one thing marcus rashford had his arm in the air with a clenched fist is that a symbol of black power or a symbol of racism

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:03 pm

montyblue wrote:Taking the knee is one thing marcus rashford had his arm in the air with a clenched fist is that a symbol of black power or a symbol of racism

Black power, loads doing it!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:The players have a right to do as they please and go down on their knees.

Absoluely right Karl, people telling fans they should not boo when it is completely within their rights.
If everyone denounced BLM as the marxist corupt group that it is ( $90m income, expenditure, at least 4 beachside properties) and stop this black power fist pump, also say we are taking the knee to kick racism out of football
then I do not think many would complain about taking the knee :thumbup:

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:The players have a right to do as they please and go down on their knees.

Absoluely right Karl, people telling fans they should not boo when it is completely withing their right.
If everyone denounced BLM as the marxist corupt group that it is ( $90m income, expenditure, at least 4 beachside properties) and stop this black power fist pump, also say we are taking the knee to kick racism out of football
then I do not think many would complain about taking the knee :thumbup:

Roger, it’s amazed me that this has gone on for so long!

If players go down on one knee and fist pump then I’m perfectly entitled to get my white pillow case out with two eye holes and wear it :ayatollah:

It’s shocking to see the two cricketers being taken to task for things they did when they were 16 :banghead:

If it’s going that way then let’s do it for everyone and if they have been found to have done something wrong take action, it works both ways.

I for one will boo to my hearts content if City players go down on one knee just as I do if they miss a penalty :wave:

Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 pm

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has doubled down on its decision to ban any political, ideological, or social protest at the upcoming Tokyo Games. So, athletes and spectators are banned from raising a fist, taking a knee, or wearing Black Lives Matter (BLM) apparel in the Olympics. Athletes risk facing punishments if they do so

The International Olympic Committee has just released this statement above . As this topic has now become a diversive subject in football I think this stance should be held in all sports across the world . Keep politics out of sport

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 pm

Hungarian fans booed when Ireland took the knee Hungary players didn't kneel but pointed to the respect logo on their shirts.

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:41 pm

[quote="montyblue"]Taking the knee is one thing marcus rashford had his arm in the air with a clenched fist is that a symbol of black power or a symbol of racism[/quo

Yes.. you'd think African Bluebird and WCB would be up in arms.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:52 am

Players take the knee for different reasons. But all unified in the fight against racism.

It isn't a marxism idea - and in fact its ridiculous to even say so - football is one of the most capitalist sports in the world with huge disparities in wages, income and profile - so the claim that millionaire players are taking the knee as a sign of marxist ideology is really, really funny.

And taking the knee was way before George Floyd... Colin Kaepernick started that in 2016.

And when people boo their own players taking the knee, which I find reprehensible, player will continue to take the knee.

Do I have a concern it's tokenism? Yes... but I respect the players doing it and would never boo my own team before a ball is even kicked. Imagine waiting 18 months to be let back in to watch your team and the first thing you do is boo because they feel taking the knee is a symbol of unity against racism. I find that repugnant and hope that city fans, even those who don't like taking the knee, at least refrain from booing.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:11 am

rumpo kid wrote:
montyblue wrote:Taking the knee is one thing marcus rashford had his arm in the air with a clenched fist is that a symbol of black power or a symbol of racism[/quo

Yes.. you'd think African Bluebird and WCB would be up in arms.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... oppression

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:39 am

No problem with taking the knee, its the black power solute that I find racist.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:Players take the knee for different reasons. But all unified in the fight against racism.

It isn't a marxism idea - and in fact its ridiculous to even say so - football is one of the most capitalist sports in the world with huge disparities in wages, income and profile - so the claim that millionaire players are taking the knee as a sign of marxist ideology is really, really funny.

And taking the knee was way before George Floyd... Colin Kaepernick started that in 2016.

And when people boo their own players taking the knee, which I find reprehensible, player will continue to take the knee.

Do I have a concern it's tokenism? Yes... but I respect the players doing it and would never boo my own team before a ball is even kicked. Imagine waiting 18 months to be let back in to watch your team and the first thing you do is boo because they feel taking the knee is a symbol of unity against racism. I find that repugnant and hope that city fans, even those who don't like taking the knee, at least refrain from booing.

What fight against racism has to be fought in the U.K.? From where I’m sat, as a working class white boy, everybody seemed to be rubbing along just fine, attitudes to race have changed massively in my lifetime and I refuse to accept systematic racism is a big issue in this country and the real division is social class.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:Players take the knee for different reasons. But all unified in the fight against racism.

Taking the knee is associated with BLM and its doctrines which are everything we as a people disagree with. By our players taking the knee they are not fighting racism BUT are promoting the Marxist BLM ideology. If you can't see that the you are blind I'm afraid. You and many others unfortunately.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:43 am

Jock wrote:

What fight against racism has to be fought in the U.K.? From where I’m sat, as a working class white boy, everybody seemed to be rubbing along just fine, attitudes to race have changed massively in my lifetime and I refuse to accept systematic racism is a big issue in this country and the real division is social class.

It's great having a reasonable debate about this.

I certainly see racism in the UK and as someone who is in a family with Nigerians, Ugandans and Black British family members I can tell you their experiences, and those of other friends, is that the UK does have a problem with racism.

It is true those problems are not as prominent and institutionalised as the problems in the US, but they exist.

But when black people tell us there is a problem, show us the abuse they get, show us the messages they get, show us the stats .. I don't think we have ANY right to boo them kneeling.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Interesting to see what happens in the Euros - Scotland have said No To The Knee - England Yes .

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:45 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting to see what happens in the Euros - Scotland have said No To The Knee - England Yes .

Wales yes.

I hope Scotland do well.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:25 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:

It's great having a reasonable debate about this.

I certainly see racism in the UK and as someone who is in a family with Nigerians, Ugandans and Black British family members I can tell you their experiences, and those of other friends, is that the UK does have a problem with racism.

It is true those problems are not as prominent and institutionalised as the problems in the US, but they exist.

But when black people tell us there is a problem, show us the abuse they get, show us the messages they get, show us the stats .. I don't think we have ANY right to boo them kneeling.

I think human nature means there will always be societal divisions but this country is one of the most open and accepting in the world.
Question; why do you think African heritage children are doing better academically than white working class or Afro Caribean kids in the U.K.?

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting to see what happens in the Euros - Scotland have said No To The Knee - England Yes .

Wales yes.

I hope Scotland do well.

Not now.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:12 pm

I honestly think that this Euro Tournament is the swansong for "taking the knee" and all the "powers that be" know it.

As others have said, once the real fans get back into stadiums next season - the displeasure from fans will be so intense they will have to stop this ridiculous gesture to BLM and Black Power.

I would not be surprised if the "powers that be" call a halt to it before August 2021.

:old: :bluescarf: