Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking: ' Taking the Knee at football '

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:22 am

Breaking Sky Sports:

Gareth Southgate will hold urgent talks with his England players over whether to continue with the taking of a knee gesture for the Euros. The home countries are virtually the only countries in Europe who actually do the knee gesture for BLM, so they are having a rethink.

Re: Breaking: ' Taking the Knee at football '

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am

For me it should never have been happening and needs to stop.

All lives matter :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:For me it should never have been happening and needs to stop.

Totally agree taking the knee was a black lives matter political statement starting in usa , they are a self confessed Marxist organisation, politics and football don't mix keep it out ,support kick it out too

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:32 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For me it should never have been happening and needs to stop.

Totally agree taking the knee was a black lives matter political statement starting in usa , they are a self confessed Marxist organisation, politics and football don't mix keep it out ,support kick it out too

Spot on Wez and USA has nothing to with us, mad, mental country compared to UK.

For me BLM are a racist group.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Spot on Wez and USA has nothing to with us, mad, mental country compared to UK.

For me BLM are a racist group.

Agree it is a racist group, only got to search the net about the leaders and you can find plenty of videos on it

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am

It should never have been started and should stop immediately. Keep political things out of football, end of. We have ‘Kick Racism Out’ so that should be and is enough.
This taking the knee bollocks should stop right now.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 am

The only reason this crazy political act of taking a knee in football has continued is because there has been NO fans. As soon as the fans come back and give their vocal dissaproval the thought process suddenly changes.

Mmmmm......they don't like the masses, who spout common sense, but can't drown them out on their precious global TV audience. :bluebird:

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:34 am

Needs to stop!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:45 am

I actually think that taking the knee was right at the time when, for many, it was a show of solidarity against rascism and hate.

However, as soon as it was linked with a political group it should have stopped.

I still think there is a big issue with racism at grounds (including ours) that many on here don’t recognise but that won’t be resolved by taking the knee.

That said, I would never boo people for taking a stand, even if I might not agree with that method.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 am

divisive and needs to stop ...
and pretending it does not or ever had anything to do with BLM is just wrong , because it did

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:13 pm

In one of today's papers a journalist stated that the vast majority of the population still supported 'taking a knee'. Does anyone on here believe this to be true ? I would be very surprised if the majority did let alone the vast majority.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:45 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:In one of today's papers a journalist stated that the vast majority of the population still supported 'taking a knee'. Does anyone on here believe this to be true ? I would be very surprised if the majority did let alone the vast majority.

No don't believe that. The vast majority of the population support taking the knee in the same way as the vast majority of the population want Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister. Might as well knock it on the head now as it will not survive the reintroduction of crowds into stadiums.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:34 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:In one of today's papers a journalist stated that the vast majority of the population still supported 'taking a knee'. Does anyone on here believe this to be true ? I would be very surprised if the majority did let alone the vast majority.

i dont see how anyone can make that claim tbh...
but a couple of things.... the vast majority of people dont go to or are interested in football...im assuming its.. footballers taking the knee is whats he was talking about ? ...and secondly ive not witnessed or read anything about booing of anything re racial equality in football....until this BLM supporting kneeling rose its head..so even if its only 10 or 15 % booing its still created a divide that was completely unnecessary...

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:04 pm

The taking the knee option by players was to send out a signal of solidarity against ALL forms of inequality not just racism until some players then got going with the black power raised fist !!! That was the end of any inclination I may have had in support.
ALL LIVES MATTER !!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:09 pm

I actually think his comments this week have been foolish. He has highlighted it in a negative manner and then mentioned England’s black players.

Very poor.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Had no issues with it at the beginning Believing it would be for maybe a round of games or two It has just gone on to long and it is has got on the nerves of the moderate fans and now is doing more damage than it’s worth You will always get racists who will be against it from the outset You will also get people who will support but has lost the support of the middle ground and the masses of supporters

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:12 pm

skidemin wrote:

but a couple of things.... the vast majority of people dont go to or are interested in football...im assuming its.. footballers taking the knee is whats he was talking about ? ...and secondly ive not witnessed or read anything about booing of anything re racial equality in football....until this BLM supporting kneeling rose its head..so even if its only 10 or 15 % booing its still created a divide that was completely unnecessary...

The journalist, who is of Asian descent was clearly appalled at the level of booing at the recent England friendly. As upset as this obviously made him, I think it was unwise and unprofessional of him to let his heart rule his head by making such dubious claims.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I actually think that taking the knee was right at the time when, for many, it was a show of solidarity against rascism and hate.

However, as soon as it was linked with a political group it should have stopped.

I still think there is a big issue with racism at grounds (including ours) that many on here don’t recognise but that won’t be resolved by taking the knee.

That said, I would never boo people for taking a stand, even if I might not agree with that method.

kneeling was linked to BLM before the players joined in....police did it during BLM marches along with politicians doing it and when football joined in they went as far as having BLACK LIVE MATTER on the back of their shirts along with huge BLM banners in grounds.....

its not some vague equality thing that got hijacked by BLM
it was in explicit support of BLM...

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:31 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The journalist, who is of Asian descent was clearly appalled at the level of booing at the recent England friendly. As upset as this obviously made him, I think it was unwise and unprofessional of him to let his heart rule his head by making such dubious claims.

i read Southgate say this week that people were not understanding..... yes but its people like him are the ones doing the not understanding ... you cant just take a gesture so closely connected to one thing { a marxist group called BLM } and then suddenly morph it into meaning something else and just hope that everyone forgets its origins....

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:43 pm

wez1927 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
For me it should never have been happening and needs to stop.

I hadn't even realised that it was a Marxist organisation, and totally agree that taking the knee should stop.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Of course it should stop! It’s supporting a Marxist racist hateful organisation. Sky are corrupt and pushing their own agendas.
Sky have tried saying that the knee taking was for equality and injustice- it wasn’t. For a few games there was BLM written on the backs of players jerseys.
Also Black Lives Matter is plastered all around the ground as well as next to the score line on the screen.
Time for it to go!!!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i read Southgate say this week that people were not understanding..... yes but its people like him are the ones doing the not understanding ... you cant just take a gesture so closely connected to one thing { a marxist group called BLM } and then suddenly morph it into meaning something else and just hope that everyone forgets its origins....

Spot on. England manager in the same 'bubble' as the players. Personally He and every single player can 'take the knee' as much as they want in their own back garden, public park etc., but if I'm paying to watch a football match that's what I want to watch - no a load of self -obsessive gesturing..

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:06 pm

In my opinion
All lives matter no matter what gender or race you are and everyone should be equally given opportunities. But when taking the knee it means that your representing Black Lives Matter in which gives out a sign saying that Black lives deserve special treatment because they feel that the opportunities are not given to them. If your talented enough you should be given the chance but you have no right to say you are given the chance just because your black. Taking the knee should NEVER happen and should be named differently otherwise boos will happen time after time. And its showing you backing violence and thuggery behaviour.

ALL LIVES MATTER NO MATTER WHAT
GIVE UP ON TAKING THE KNEE

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:05 am

piledriver64 wrote:I actually think that taking the knee was right at the time when, for many, it was a show of solidarity against rascism and hate.

They linked themselves with the political group of the same name. That is why most football fans have been dead against it. Most on here dont recognise a big racism issue at football grounds, What have you seen,in this day and age that thousands of others havent? I am not talking about idiots on twitter but at the grounds and during the games?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Sky sports have rammed blm down our throats since it first appeared and if no onetook the knee they where told "they just don' t get it etc" they made a big thing of the millwall fans.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Middle class lefties just don’t get football fans, despising BLM is not racist anymore than hating the KKK.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Does seem to have gone on way too long and having been around in the "rock against racism" days and participated in marches etc. it seems to stink of the look how woke I am movement now and the lack of fans being around has helped it last this long.

When fans return it could well end up causing more trouble than it's worth if it's allowed to go on.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Very disappointed in the Welsh team doing it today.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Very disappointed in the Welsh team doing it today.

Grrrrrrrr... no place for this at a football match, or anywhere else.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 pm

I thought it should be stopped but then I watched this on the beeb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56949358

Wrighty is top bloke who was working as a plasterer and playing non league when he was signed by palace, nobody should accept this abuse so I think taking the knee stays until the abuse stops