No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 46

Re: Ukraine v North Macedonia underway " Euro 2020 topic "

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:11 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:North Macedonia get a goal back.

Alioski misses his penalty but scores the rebound.

I thought goalie as to have at least one foot on line for pens? Today and other day that didn't happen or doesnt apply in euros?

That's to avoid giving the goalkeeper an unfair advantage if he interferes with play. So if he was off his line and saved it then it would be retaken but if it's scored then obviously the advantage didn't help him enough. Likewise, the Turkish goalie could've been standing behind Bale for his penalty taken yesterday but because he didn't interfere with play and stop the ball going in (because it was off target) then it doesn't get retaken.

Yes but both pens I refer to were saved with goalie off his line with both feet... hence my question

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I thought goalie as to have at least one foot on line for pens? Today and other day that didn't happen or doesnt apply in euros?

That's to avoid giving the goalkeeper an unfair advantage if he interferes with play. So if he was off his line and saved it then it would be retaken but if it's scored then obviously the advantage didn't help him enough. Likewise, the Turkish goalie could've been standing behind Bale for his penalty taken yesterday but because he didn't interfere with play and stop the ball going in (because it was off target) then it doesn't get retaken.

Yes but both pens I refer to were saved with goalie off his line with both feet... hence my question

Ah I didn't see the other pen, I assumed you were referring to the one that wasn't called back because the rebound was scored

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ah I didn't see the other pen, I assumed you were referring to the one that wasn't called back because the rebound was scored

The one saved today he was miles off his line but I probably need new glasses... :D other day was marginal but thats what var is supposed to watch maybe rule not applied in competition? Just an observation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Brilliant start for Denmark as they go 1-0 up against Belgium inside the first two minutes.

Poor mistake by Denayer.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The one saved today he was miles off his line but I probably need new glasses... :D other day was marginal but thats what var is supposed to watch maybe rule not applied in competition? Just an observation

Didn't notice it myself but referees and VAR are definitely letting a lot more go and letting the game flow.

Been good so far.

Re: Starts tomorrow in Rome " Euro 2020 topic "

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:52 pm

BlueCon wrote:I did the tournament predictor and got France to beat England in the final.

Neither Wales nor Scotland got out the group stage sadly. (maybe not sadly for Scotland!)

What about now? Lol

Re: Who will win the tournament? " Euro 2020 topic "

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:More think Wales will win than Portugal, Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Croatia and the rest :lol: :laughing6:

2 points or less I would have thought?

BUMP!

Re: Denmark v Belgium underway " Euro 2020 topic "

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Belgium equalise.

Good team goal with Thorgan Hazard getting on the scoresheet.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 pm

2-1 to Belgium now with about 20 minutes to go.

Another brilliant goal, De Bruyne this time.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm

The romantic result (if that’s the right term) would have been a Danish win there… Think the Belgian win is far more beneficial for us though - in terms of any permutations of third place teams.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Belgium win 2-1 against Denmark.

They are through to the last 16.

Denmark are not out, but they now can't finish second due to the fact they can't finish with more points than Finland and they lost their head to head match with Finland.

If they beat Russia in their final game, they will finish 3rd and will have to hope that it is enough to be one of the four best third-placed teams.

Next up tonight is Holland v Austria in Amsterdam.

If either team win, then they will progress to the last 16.

If the game finishes in a draw or a Holland win, then North Macedonia are eliminated.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 pm

derynglas wrote:The romantic result (if that’s the right term) would have been a Danish win there… Think the Belgian win is far more beneficial for us though - in terms of any permutations of third place teams.

Definitely.

As long as we can stay in 2nd place, then it will be Finland or Russia in the last 16.

We could play Belgium if we finish 2nd as well, but Finland would have to beat Belgium which is unlikely even if Belgium rest a few players.

That would be a good draw for us I think.

Re: Holland v Austria underway " Euro 2020 topic "

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Holland take the lead early on.

Memphis Depay from the penalty spot.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm

If we finish 2nd in our group we would end up playing the runners up in group B. At the moment we could mathematically play anyone of the 4 teams. Denmark can still finish 2nd in their group. For that to happen Belgian would have to beat Finland and Denmark would have to beat Russia. Belgian would win the group on 9 points but the other 3 teams would be tied on 2 points each. As the teams would have won 1 and lost 1 against each other the runners up position then would be decided on goal difference.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Holland go 2-0 up through Dumfries.

If they win this game then they have won their group with a game to spare.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Blue View wrote:If we finish 2nd in our group we would end up playing the runners up in group B. At the moment we could mathematically play anyone of the 4 teams. Denmark can still finish 2nd in their group. For that to happen Belgian would have to beat Finland and Denmark would have to beat Russia. Belgian would win the group on 9 points but the other 3 teams would be tied on 2 points each. As the teams would have won 1 and lost 1 against each other the runners up position then would be decided on goal difference.

That's right actually :thumbright:

Finland or Russia would be good for us I think.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 pm

Holland are the first team to win their group.

They will play one of the third placed sides.

This result also means that North Macedonia are eliminated.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Holland are the first team to win their group.

its not really likely but North Macedonia can still finish 3rd in their group....

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 pm

skidemin wrote:

its not really likely but North Macedonia can still finish 3rd in their group....

They can't, because they lost to both Austria and Ukraine.

Head to head record decides things ahead of goal difference.

Re: Wins for Holland, Belgium and Ukraine " Euro 2020 topic

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 pm

Three more games on Friday.

The big game of the day is England v Scotland at 8pm.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

fair enough.... but how mental is that....
so you can finish 4th on 3 points with say + 2 behind a team with 3 points on -1, who themselves are squeezed out of the 4 best thirds by someone on 3 points with a +1 GD....

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

fair enough.... but how mental is that....
so you can finish 4th on 3 points with say + 2 behind a team with 3 points on -1, who themselves are squeezed out of the 4 best thirds by someone on 3 points with a +1 GD....

Yeah, don't agree with it personally.

Think the first thing to decide after points should be goal difference.

Re: England v Scotland tonight " Euro 2020 topic "

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:31 am

First game today is Sweden v Slovakia in St Petersburg.

It starts at 2pm.

Sweden drew 0-0 with Spain in their first game, while Slovakia won 2-1 against Poland.

Slovakia will secure their place in the last 16 with a win. A point will almost certainly be enough for them - they qualified with four points in 2016.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:41 am

I think England have too much in the locker for Scotland although I would like to see Scotland win.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Sweden take the lead against Slovakia.

Forsberg with a penalty.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Sweden beat Slovakia 1-0.

That should be enough for them to progress as they now have four points.

Slovakia stay on three points and may struggle to qualify now as they place Spain in their final fixture.

Croatia v Czech Republic about to get underway in Glasgow.

Czech Republic won their first game 2-0 against Scotland and will qualify with a win here.

Croatia lost their first game 1-0 against England and can't afford to lose this game.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Czech Republic go 1-0 up.

Patrick Schick gets his third goal of the tournament with a penalty.

Very, very harsh penalty to give. Lovren jumped with Schick from a corner and accidently caught him in the face.

Probably the first big refereeing mistake this tournament.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Ivan Perisic equalises early in the second half with a brilliant goal.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:57 pm

It finishes 1-1 between Croatia and Czech Republic.

It means that Czech Republic are very likely to qualify and Croatia aren't out of it.

Next up tonight is England v Scotland at Wembley.

It begins at 8pm.

England beat Croatia 1-0 in their first game and will secure qualification with a win.

Scotland lost 2-0 against Czech Republic in their first game and can't afford to lose this game. They won't be eliminated if they lose, but they would need a lot to go their way in the final round of games.

Re: England v Scotland underway " Euro 2020 topic "

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:02 pm

England v Scotland is underway.

Hopefully it lives up to all the hype.