BREAKING:THE FIRST PREMIER CLUB TO REFUSE TO TAKE KNEE NEXT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

Brentford will become the first Premier League club to refuse to take a knee next season.
This season Brentford also refused to take the knee in the Championship.

Marcus Rashford and the BLM want taking the knee to continue at all matches next season and have asked the Premier League and Leagues to continue it.
Rashford would like more players to do the arm raising and fist pump.

Gareth Southgate met recently with Marcus Rashford regarding taking the knee in the Euros, England and Wales are set to be virtually the only Counties agreeing to do it so far.
Attachments
1_JS213855595.jpg
1_JS213855595.jpg (114.67 KiB) Viewed 7175 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING:THE FIRST PREMIER CLUB TO REFUSE TO TAKE KNEE N

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 am

Reply FB:
Attachments
80C93B13-CE1B-4352-A69E-0C47934E2B9F.jpeg
80C93B13-CE1B-4352-A69E-0C47934E2B9F.jpeg (287.21 KiB) Viewed 6820 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:47 am

Well done to those individuals who are sticking to their beliefs by continuing doing it, and equally those who are sticking to their beliefs by not doing it.

Those who want to carry on doing it next season should continue to do so, and vice versa for those who don't want to.

If people want football to be entirely politics-free (players and management have repeatedly said this is not for political reasons) then they have to accept there would also have to be no minutes silence for royal family members or public figures, no minutes silence to honour war soldiers and no more poppies on shirts - these are all also classed as political gestures, if taking the knee is.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:53 am

Well Done Brentford
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:41 pm

In that case, they can take the knee once a year but forget the racist salute.
rumpo kid

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Well done to those individuals who are sticking to their beliefs by continuing doing it, and equally those who are sticking to their beliefs by not doing it.

Those who want to carry on doing it next season should continue to do so, and vice versa for those who don't want to.

If people want football to be entirely politics-free (players and management have repeatedly said this is not for political reasons) then they have to accept there would also have to be no minutes silence for royal family members or public figures, no minutes silence to honour war soldiers and no more poppies on shirts - these are all also classed as political gestures, if taking the knee is.

your seriously comparing BLM to honouring boys that gave their lives .....
as for those who want to.... really ? some of these young men/ boys feel under pressure to do so....its not difficult to imagine being in that spot... infact you do not have to imagine as there have been meltdowns when some teams havent done it...its a no brainer..kneel or be accused of being racist...
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Well done to those individuals who are sticking to their beliefs by continuing doing it, and equally those who are sticking to their beliefs by not doing it.

Ned,

My late Father who was Egyptian, but fought for 5 years in the Second World War for Britain and My Father was very dark, I am very proud he did and I will continue to Respect and Honour all Our Veterans.

Not very often do we disagree, but in this we disagree from beginning to the end.

I would not go on one knee and 100% Totally disagree with it.

I 100% believe we should honour our war Veterans and those that died to get rid of Nazi Scum and give us our freedom.

As to BLM for me they are the ones who are the racist group.

We should not be forced week in week out to watch players virtually forced to go on one knee, I know for a fact the players I have spoken to don’t want to do the knee, but are virtually being made to otherwise they are could be looked at as being racist.

This has to come to an end, it’s dividing the UK beyond instead of bringing us together .

I would not go on my knee for anyone other than my family.

What happens in the USA should stay there as they are beyond mental compared to us, over here in Spain they have No interest in all this BLM thank God.

We are a very mixed community in the Uk and we should just all be as one.

For me this BLM group are destroying society and dividing us, you can not compare them.

So what do BLM stand for Ned?

Imagine if there was a WLM group?
Would you support them?

Ned,
What do you think the fist pump means?

It’s shocking beyond Ned that you can compare BLM with Our War Heroes, I thought you were way way better than that Ned.

Please Ned, I ask you never ever to compare BLM with Our War Veterans ever again.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:33 pm

skidemin wrote:

as for those who want to.... really ? some of these young men/ boys feel under pressure to do so....its not difficult to imagine being in that spot... infact you do not have to imagine as there have been meltdowns when some teams havent done it...its a no brainer..kneel or be accused of being racist...

There are many black footballers who diasagree with taking the knee, and are refusing to do so, but can you see a white footballer refusing to take the knee unleess the whole team refused! Take the knee or you are a racist :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
C8892ECB-B0E0-48AE-A0B8-6DAA75D25CA9.jpeg
C8892ECB-B0E0-48AE-A0B8-6DAA75D25CA9.jpeg (342.89 KiB) Viewed 5812 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

There are many black footballers who diasagree with taking the knee, and are refusing to do so, but can you see a white footballer refusing to take the knee unleess the whole team refused! Take the knee or you are a racist :banghead:

that was my point mate..... if you have 2 or 3 black players flat out BLM how do the white boys who are probably mates with them go against ? people talking as if they are all wanting to do it is naive.... we have all gone along with stuff we disagree with to keep the peace....
skidemin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:48 pm

skidemin wrote:

I imagine for some footballers you could replace the pressure and backlash to not kneeling with not wearing a poppy. Plenty of countries who aren't exactly on good terms with British armed forces in recent years.
WestCoastBlue

Postby JeffTheRef » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Ask Rushford why he raises his arm and does the fist pump???
JeffTheRef

Postby JulesK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 pm

It seems right enough what some commentators and players say, " Racism is usually down to poor education and ignorance"
Well there you have it Rashford doing his racist fist pump !!! A picture paints a thousand words.

Any city player doing their clenched fist salute at a game will get a ear full off me. :evil:

May I also add, to compare these scum to veterans of the world war is sick as these Marxist wannabes are not fit to pick the boots of my late father or his six brothers who all went to war.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:23 pm

My post was very unclear it seems, and I'd like to clear up what I meant:

I have full respect for war heroes. I always wear a poppy on Remembrance Sunday and observe the silence.

It is not my belief that minutes silence or wearing of the poppy should stop - that is the last thing I'm suggesting.

But there have always been some people in other countries, including FIFA in the past, who have said that wearing a poppy and holding moments of silence for war heroes is a political act. I'll reiterate, that is NOT my opinion.

BLM is a political organisation which is the main reason a lot of people want taking of the knee to stop. So my suggestion was that if it was made to stop for political reasons, then there would be small sections of people who would then say poppy wearing and moments of silence would also have to stop - I wouldn't be one of them. I believe war heroes should be honoured.

I don't have a strong view on the taking of the knee on either side of the argument. I respect those who wish to boo it when it happens, as well as those who choose to applaud it.

I have always said it should be up to an individual player to decide whether they want to take the knee or not. If teams have been ordering players to take the knee, then that is wrong.

I hope this clears up what I meant in my original post.

If I offended anyone, then I am extremely sorry.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Blueberry Jam » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:30 pm

If you want to take the knee do it . If you want to Boo do it.
Blueberry Jam

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
C1B20A2D-0051-4D5D-AACA-B4BB3B3E8350.jpeg
C1B20A2D-0051-4D5D-AACA-B4BB3B3E8350.jpeg (182.47 KiB) Viewed 5523 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:31 pm

For me I think it will change next season as there will be booing at every ground up and down the country, and there will also be supporters who applaud it and try and drown out the booing with clapping.

So if they don’t stop it due to the constant booing then they will have to stop it sooner or later as it will soon escalate on the terraces (sorry in the seating areas)

The sad thing is in all of this, is the ones who will get all the blame will be the ones booing.

If a number of people feel that the fist raising is a racist gesture then it is indeed a racist gesture, but that will never be seen as the case I’m afraid to say.
Welsh Exile

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Let’s start with Ned’s point of view. At least he admits it’s a political gesture but comparing it to say the poppy in my mind that isn’t political it’s remembering the fallen. And this represents all the nationals that fought with the British.
Now if you are going to allow Marxist ideologies into football then fascism should also be allowed. Both communism and Fascism are both evil but let’s not forget communism killed more people tenfold and neither should be given time anywhere let alone on the football pitch.
Now what Southgate is saying is bloody confusing that those that are against the knee don’t realise it’s not in support of BLM but representing BLM :o :?
That’s like me saying I support the National front but not the group National front. I think Southgate Lineker etc are as confused as Scooby Doo.
And Annis did ask Ned what was the fist pump representing ? You haven’t t answered and neither has anyone else.
Nuclearblue

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:18 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I imagine for some footballers you could replace the pressure and backlash to not kneeling with not wearing a poppy. Plenty of countries who aren't exactly on good terms with British armed forces in recent years.

not sure what pressure they are under as it seems ok to come here to live , work and take advantage of anything and everything on offer....and this idea that it is somehow wrong to remember the dead of your servicemen no matter what country you are is odd to put it mildly...
skidemin

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Ned where did your reply go saying the fist pump is Black power ? But you are a 100% correct it is :thumbup:
Nuclearblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Ned where did your reply go saying the fist pump is Black power ? But you are a 100% correct it is :thumbup:

I accidentally deleted it when I meant to edit it, only just realised.

I said I don't agree with the fist pump, because it represents black power.

It's wrong in my opinion - Rashford, Antonio and even Bacuna for us do it.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:16 pm

Say no more this is what these players go down on one knee for. Pathetic
https://youtu.be/RKF5LsTe6KM
Nuclearblue

Postby biglad6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:28 pm

I don't post here often but Annie your 100% right. I'm looking forward to booing it when we get the chance. Imagine if we had a campaign that white lives matter !! Or walked up at Mary street with a white lives matter t shirt, your be arrested! All lives matter it's as simple as that. Also the bloke that flew a light aircraft around turf moor with a banner saying all lives matter was criticised, banned et c all wrong. You wait though when normal people are allowed back in and the booing starts it 'll get dropped straight away. Although remember at the end they were going to ban people for booing. In a free country!!
biglad6

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:31 pm

Rio Ferdinand says those that boo don’t even know what they are booing. Seems to me they don’t know who they are bending for ffs

The people booing England players 'taking a knee' are an "ignorant minority" who need "educating", says former England captain Rio Ferdinand.

England players were booed before two games last week as they made the gesture to highlight racial injustice.

Ferdinand told the BBC those that booed were "being heard loud and clear".

He added: "They are part of the problem. These people need to be educated. I think half of them don't even know what they're booing for."

After England were booed by a minority of supporters before their two Euro 2020 warm-up games in Middlesbrough, manager Gareth Southgate said that "some people aren't understanding the message" with taking a knee, stressing that it is not "a political stand".

Southgate said his players would continue taking a knee and, in an open letter he wrote for The Players' Tribune, said it was their duty to "continue to interact with the public on matters such as equality, inclusivity and racial injustice".

England players will continue taking a knee before games
Speaking on BBC Breakfast, former centre-back Ferdinand said: "If [people who booed] had listened to Gareth Southgate in his press conferences and what the players have said, taking the knee is not about politics.

"There are a lot of people, I feel stupid people, making excuses and using politics as a reason they don't agree or they're booing players taking the knee.

"Listen, educate yourself, be informed and then you won't be booing."

England taking the knee: Why some fans say they are booing players
However, Tory MP Brendan Clarke-Smith wrote on Facebook at the weekend that taking a knee "now comes across as little more than habitual tokenism and has lost its effect".

He added that "the mixing of politics and football had disastrous consequences" and questioned whether players "really want to carry the political baggage that comes with taking the knee".

And England fan Andrew, who was at both games last week, told Radio 1 Newsbeat he booed to show his objection to what he sees as "an identity politics agenda that focuses on black people and skin colour, when as far as I am concerned we are all England fans regardless of colour".

"Some seem to genuinely believe booing is an act of racism - I reject that," he adds.

Meanwhile, following the news that "offensive material" in historical tweets by some England cricket players was being investigated, Ferdinand added: "Don't just punish people, there needs to be an education element that goes alongside it.

"Looking back at our past tweets is right - I feel people need to be shown the wrongs they've done - but the bigger element for me is education.

"With punishment alone, these things keep occurring, because there isn't the education that backs it up."

Krept and Konan: 'Everyone's got a different idea of England'
'The lads don't really want to talk about it any more'

England vice-captain Jordan Henderson believes if fans continue to boo then it highlights that "there is still a problem" to fight.

"As players, we've made it very clear that we'll all stand together against racism and that is the reason that we'll continue to take the knee and have done over the last few weeks," said the Liverpool midfielder.

"It's about being together and doing what we think is right, and that's what we feel is right.

"But I think the lads are starting to feel that they don't really want to talk about it any more.

"Of course, everybody knows we stand together and you'll see that in taking the knee, but we want to get on with football and concentrate on that and that's our focus, really."

England's Euro 2020 opener is against Croatia at Wembley on Sunday (14:00 BST).
Nuclearblue

Postby biglad6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:38 pm

Rio Ferdinand has no right to speak for me . I know exactly what I'll being booing. These people are trying to turn people like me into being thought of as racist should be ashamed of themselves. I don't want to support an organisation that puts one race before another and will boo it. All lives matter the same simple.
biglad6

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:41 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

If such, then they should ply their trade elsewhere.. stay true to their convictions.
rumpo kid

Postby WestCoastBlue » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:23 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

If such, then they should ply their trade elsewhere.. stay true to their convictions.

Seems a bit extreme don’t you think? If you don’t want to wear a poppy you should probably move to a different country :shock:
I’m sure there’s plenty of Irish people like McClean who love living all across the UK and all the things that come with living here, but would have reservations about wearing the Poppy due to the troubles. Likewise people from ex Yugoslavian nations, like Nemanja Matic, who doesn’t wear it due to NATO forces bombing his home town in the Bosnian War.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:55 pm

biglad6 wrote:I don't post here often but Annie your 100% right. I'm looking forward to booing it when we get the chance. Imagine if we had a campaign that white lives matter !! Or walked up at Mary street with a white lives matter t shirt, your be arrested! All lives matter it's as simple as that. Also the bloke that flew a light aircraft around turf moor with a banner saying all lives matter was criticised, banned et c all wrong. You wait though when normal people are allowed back in and the booing starts it 'll get dropped straight away. Although remember at the end they were going to ban people for booing. In a free country!!

You won't be posting here much going forward either, if you keep calling him Annie... ;) :lol:

(Only joking, of course; for the bandwagon jumpers on here ;) )
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:14 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Seems a bit extreme don’t you think? If you don’t want to wear a poppy you should probably move to a different country :shock:
I’m sure there’s plenty of Irish people like McClean who love living all across the UK and all the things that come with living here, but would have reservations about wearing the Poppy due to the troubles. Likewise people from ex Yugoslavian nations, like Nemanja Matic, who doesn’t wear it due to NATO forces bombing his home town in the Bosnian War.

Not really.. if it’s such an issue, don’t come here. Stick to your principles, which in their case is obviously cash.
Not much of an effort by Matic in fact..
rumpo kid

Postby skidemin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

its all very selective.. both these players could have earned good money playing in a non UK / Nato country.. just not as much as they earn here . so when the choice is greed or convictions its greed all day long....then pull the poppy stunt as if they are all principled ..
skidemin

Next

Return to General Chat