Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Re: BREAKING:THE FIRST PREMIER CLUB TO REFUSE TO TAKE KNEE N

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:02 am

Fair play to Ned, for re-writing it and correcting so we could understand better :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 am

We live in a free country.
Free to kneel. Free to boo your own national and club team..
Be thankful.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:50 am

stickywicket wrote:We live in a free country.
Be thankful.

Free ? Fans have been ejected from stadia because they booed the knee. If you boo you are being labels a racist. So where is the freedom ?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:52 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:We live in a free country.
Be thankful.

Free ? Fans have been ejected from stadia because they booed the knee. If you boo you are being labels a racist. So where is the freedom ?

Adding to that there are players being force to take the knee. We know that goes on.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:24 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
My post was very unclear it seems, and I'd like to clear up what I meant:

I have full respect for war heroes. I always wear a poppy on Remembrance Sunday and observe the silence.

It is not my belief that minutes silence or wearing of the poppy should stop - that is the last thing I'm suggesting.

But there have always been some people in other countries, including FIFA in the past, who have said that wearing a poppy and holding moments of silence for war heroes is a political act. I'll reiterate, that is NOT my opinion.

BLM is a political organisation which is the main reason a lot of people want taking of the knee to stop. So my suggestion was that if it was made to stop for political reasons, then there would be small sections of people who would then say poppy wearing and moments of silence would also have to stop - I wouldn't be one of them. I believe war heroes should be honoured.

I don't have a strong view on the taking of the knee on either side of the argument. I respect those who wish to boo it when it happens, as well as those who choose to applaud it.

I have always said it should be up to an individual player to decide whether they want to take the knee or not. If teams have been ordering players to take the knee, then that is wrong.

I hope this clears up what I meant in my original post.

If I offended anyone, then I am extremely sorry.

I can't say I am offended by your post but I do believe your opinion (or the opinion of FIFA is wrong).

Wearing the poppy on Remembrance Day and holding a minutes silence is not a 'political act' it is an act of remembering all those who have fought and died in Wars defending this country from external threats like Nazi Germany. Everyone of all races and colours should be eternally grateful to those hero's as everyone of us has benefited from the freedoms we have and would have lost had Hitlers disgusting ideology prevailed.

Taking the knee is a political act as it is campaigning against racism. That might be a worthy cause but it is political because it comes with baggage i.e. defunding the Police, taking down of statues, civil disobedience etc.) which many people including me disagree with.

If taking the knee is to continue then it should be balanced by a gesture which is against the BLM baggage and I personally think the booing of the gesture is the best way of doing that.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am

End this pointless empty virtue signalling, it’s achieved nothing but increased social division. Wear a kick it out logo by all means but the association with extremist, racist BLM mob renders taking the knee tainted.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Wearing the poppy on Remembrance Day and holding a minutes silence is not a 'political act' it is an act of remembering all those who have fought and died in Wars defending this country from external threats like Nazi Germany. Everyone of all races and colours should be eternally grateful to those hero's as everyone of us has benefited from the freedoms we have and would have lost had Hitlers disgusting ideology prevailed.

Oxymoron there.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:06 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222389 :thumbright:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 am

BlueCon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Wearing the poppy on Remembrance Day and holding a minutes silence is not a 'political act' it is an act of remembering all those who have fought and died in Wars defending this country from external threats like Nazi Germany. Everyone of all races and colours should be eternally grateful to those hero's as everyone of us has benefited from the freedoms we have and would have lost had Hitlers disgusting ideology prevailed.

Oxymoron there.

Tidy never been called Oxymoron before :thumbright: :occasion5:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BlueCon wrote:

Oxymoron there.

Tidy never been called Oxymoron before :thumbright: :occasion5:

I suppose people always remove the oxy ;)

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Scotland - Apparently Not taking the Knee in the Euros .
Post a reply