‘ Cardiff City have contacted ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 am

Cardiff City have made contact with Liverpool and let them know that if they don’t sell Harry Wilson this summer they are willing to take Wilson back on another year loan.

City had Harry Wilson on a season long loan last season where by City were paying a 3rd of his wages only believed to be around £5,000 a week and that’s all City contributed.
Fair play brilliant deal by City, but I really can’t see that happening again or even let out on loan , just sold etc.

I think deep down City have No chance at all and know that.

Leeds last week came in with a offer of a deal .
Attachments
5042BA49-E3B8-464E-8224-2A050BFFC0B0.jpeg
5042BA49-E3B8-464E-8224-2A050BFFC0B0.jpeg (187.65 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City have contacted ‘

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 am

I agree it’s extremely unlikely but let’s not forget the player holds the power here.

If Wilson doesn’t want to go to Leeds he won’t.

Unfortunately somebody will come up with the money for him but it would be nice to see him with us for another season and then he’s out of contract with Liverpool I think.
piledriver64

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:28 am

Annis, as Wilsons contract ends next year, it means that if he went out on loan again then he would be a free agent when it ends and Liverpool would not get a penny for him. The only way for him to go on loan would be for Liverpool to get him to sign a new contract, which they do not want to do, even a 12 month one, besides, if he is not sold he will run his contract down so after next season he can go where he wants.

The way I see it is that the only way we can get him on loan is with the option to purchase at the end of said loan. If the purchase was dependent on us getting promotion then that would work for us but no way would Liverpool agree on that possibility.
I would love to have him back but I am afraid that us asking for another loan would never work for Liverpool
Igovernor

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis, as Wilsons contract ends next year, it means that if he went out on loan again then he would be a free agent when it ends and Liverpool would not get a penny for him. The only way for him to go on loan would be for Liverpool to get him to sign a new contract, which they do not want to do, even a 12 month one, besides, if he is not sold he will run his contract down so after next season he can go where he wants.

The way I see it is that the only way we can get him on loan is with the option to purchase at the end of said loan. If the purchase was dependent on us getting promotion then that would work for us but no way would Liverpool agree on that possibility.
I would love to have him back but I am afraid that us asking for another loan would never work for Liverpool

Spot on unfortunately :(
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 am

With Bale and Ramsey joining up with Moore this Wilson loan could be a bridge too far.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:50 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis, as Wilsons contract ends next year, it means that if he went out on loan again then he would be a free agent when it ends and Liverpool would not get a penny for him. The only way for him to go on loan would be for Liverpool to get him to sign a new contract, which they do not want to do, even a 12 month one, besides, if he is not sold he will run his contract down so after next season he can go where he wants.

Correct Roger and I think the board deep down know this and also know their is No chance of getting him, but it looks good that they made contact and will say they tried to get him back.

We will continue to look for free agents , plenty about and other loan players.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Roger and I think the board deep down know this and also know their is No chance of getting him, but it looks good that they made contact and will say they tried to get him back.

We will continue to look for free agents , plenty about and other loan players.

Exactly what was said last year.

I think Wilson wants to play in front of Cardiff fans as he knows they are the dominant welsh fans.

I think it would add a lot to his game.
maccydee

Postby JulesK » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 pm

All they can do is ask Annis, if you don't ask you don't get. Would be great to see him here again.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:25 pm

JulesK wrote:All they can do is ask Annis, if you don't ask you don't get. Would be great to see him here again.

Wilson contract has 2 years left not one he signed a 5 year contract in 2018
Igovernor

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Igovernor wrote:
JulesK wrote:All they can do is ask Annis, if you don't ask you don't get. Would be great to see him here again.

I was going to say that Liverpool has an extra year option after this 21/22 season so effectively 2 years left now
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 pm

An appeasement to the fans by the board is all it is.

They know damn well he won't be back, but let's say Liverpool say yes? That then puts Dalman in an unenviable position of then having to say 'we can't afford him'.

Would I like him back? 100%, but I'd say to the board, don't play games with the fans. We ain't stupid...( although I know a number on here think I am! :lol: )
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I was going to say that Liverpool has an extra year option after this 21/22 season so effectively 2 years left now

Wez any option in his contract would have been after 30th. June 2023 as I said above his full 5 year contract ends in 2023
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Barclay1 wrote:An appeasement to the fans by the board is all it is.

They know damn well he won't be back, but let's say Liverpool say yes? That then puts Dalman in an unenviable position of then having to say 'we can't afford him'.

Would I like him back? 100%, but I'd say to the board, don't play games with the fans. We ain't stupid...( although I know a number on here think I am! :lol: )

Never say never ;)
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm

It was said last year we couldn’t afford him and wouldn’t get him.

We did.
maccydee

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 pm

maccydee wrote:

We did.

Agreed, however, Its my opinion that the club don't actually want him.

Let's see what happens eh?
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby maccydee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We did.

Agreed, however, Its my opinion that the club don't actually want him.

Let's see what happens eh?

If we don’t get him it’s unlikely to be cos we don’t want him.

If he has a good Euros he will have suitors.
maccydee

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:48 pm

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby New Day Rising » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:With Bale and Ramsey joining up with Moore this Wilson loan could be a bridge too far.

I'm so looking forward to seeing these lads in their City shirts what a season we're in for , Covid will be a forgotten back story after this .
New Day Rising

Return to General Chat