Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest "

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:40 pm

welshrarebit wrote:That was a tough watch. I was one of the fans that helped when the Huddersfield fan collapsed outside the ground and nothing prepares you to have to do cpr. But it is so vitally important to know those skills. Eriksen apparently only needed one shock but the fact is he was able to have that shock within a couple of minutes. We need those life saving devices all over the place to try and save more lives.

Be surprised at how many are in the public arena? All supermarkets have one so do public buildings .... here in pembs find them in fone boxes in the most remote and unlikely places.....I carry one in my car so do all volunteer drivers for ambulance service! Its sports clubs of certain size that need to have them made compulsory..

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:21 pm

The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned. I’m considering getting one fir my home/car. Access to one while waiting for paramedics could make all the difference. I’ve lost 2 family members to this sudden cardiac arrest. That and having done cpr focuses ones mind a lot.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:50 pm

welshrarebit wrote:The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned. I’m considering getting one fir my home/car. Access to one while waiting for paramedics could make all the difference. I’ve lost 2 family members to this sudden cardiac arrest. That and having done cpr focuses ones mind a lot.

They are around £1000 each...... and
so simple to use literally a child can use it...... and having done cpr numerous times it's not for faint hearted and not for school kids as in curriculum .... 1st aid great cpr no

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Totally agree it’s not for the faint hearted. I’ve had lots of training on it as part of my job. But the one and only time I’ve done it was 2 years ago on sloped road in the dark. It still sticks with me today

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Totally agree it’s not for the faint hearted. I’ve had lots of training on it as part of my job. But the one and only time I’ve done it was 2 years ago on sloped road in the dark. It still sticks with me today

Not something you can forget easily! You only got to look at the statistics on heart attacks outside hospitals to see why kids shouldn't be asked or it be on the curriculum... done it inside and outside hospital setting really distressing situation to be involved in.... hence not keen on kids getting involved.