Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Kieffer Moore £15mill-£20mill '

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:46 am

Kieffer Moore's transfer value has just shot up to £15m, maybe even £20m — Cardiff City have pulled off one of Welsh football's steals of the century.

By Paul Abbadanato

Monday 14th June 2021

Kieffer Moore proved again what a kingpin he has become for Wales

Five years ago, when Wales were wowing the world with their Euro 2016 fairytale in France, Kieffer Moore was playing for the England C team.

That, for those who don't know, is the Three Lions' non-league side. They play an annual fixture against Wales, whose team is made up from players in the Cymru Premier League.

Kieffer Moore was looked at by ex manager Neil Warnock and targeted the striker for Cardiff City, but the price tag was way to high for City. When Wigan got in financial trouble, the Cardiff City board told Neil Harris to get the target man for £1.5million.
Talk about a transformation.
The Bluebirds hierarchy, say the figure paid to Wigan was actually less than that.

Kieffer Moore shining.

There is nothing quite like shining on the biggest stage - and especially scoring goals in a major tournament - to turn heads and see your stock soar.

Suddenly, after his Alan Shearer-like header against Switzerland, Wales' centre-forward powerhouse must be ranked as a £15million footballer and if Moore continues to shine could be £20million.

More of the same in Wales' remaining Group A clashes with Turkey and Italy that value will rise further still.

Clubs in the Premier League, and indeed on the continent, will be taking note of the special attributes Moore brings to a team.

And to think that a year ago Cardiff City signed him for a reported £1.5m pittance. In reality, I'm told by the Bluebirds hierarchy, the figure paid to Wigan was actually less than that.

It is fast looking like Welsh football's deal of the century.

I can't think of too many transfer coups to match it.

Michu, perhaps, who joined Swansea City from Rayo Vallecano for just £2m and shone so brightly in the Premier League and cup competitions, bagging 20 goals in 52 appearances, that he went on to play for Spain?

Cardiff's Malaysian owner Vincent Tan always held up Michu as the kind of value for money signing he wanted his own club to be making after the millions spent on the likes of Andrea Cornelius, Etien Velikonja and Robert Glatzel.

Well it's fair to say the Bluebirds have finally done that with Moore. He bagged 20 goals for Cardiff this season, a further three for Wales makes it 24 for the campaign thus far.

Hopefully there are more to come against the Turks in Baku on Wednesday night and then Italy in Rome next Sunday.

Moore's has been an unconventional route to the top, via Truro, Dorchester, Yeovil, Forest Green, Ipswich, Barnsley and Wigan, before he began lighting up Welsh football with Cardiff and the national team.

How things have taken off since Ryan Giggs discovered Welsh ancestry and made the bold decision to pick Moore for Wales.

He has already bagged six goals in 18 internationals, many of those games from the bench, and it seems perverse that we headed into these Euros with Moore's place in the team under doubt.

He hadn't figured in the games that mattered under Rob Page, but a growing 'Moore must play' clamour grew and grew and to be fair Wales' stand-in manager opted to go with the big man.

The decision was completely vindicated, as we knew it would be.

Moore has looked Wales's biggest goal threat for a while and he could have bagged a couple against the Swiss. His header that landed in the back of the net was one of power mixed with perfect timing and placement - even Shearer would have been proud of an effort like that.

But Moore's performance was about much more than just a goal. He dragged Wales back into a game which, if we're perfectly honest, was looking something of lost cause. He gave us fresh confidence and momentum, belief that we can beat Turkey next and march into the knockout stages.

As we saw out in France, once Wales are at that stage of a tournament anything can happen.

Even before his goal, Moore held his own against the bruising Swiss defenders. He won a number of flick-ons that Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey might have been expected to latch on to.

Did you also notice how many times it was Moore clearing the danger from Switzerland corners and free-kicks?

He performs an impressive job in the two penalty boxes, where matches are won and lost.

What's not to like about that?

Having forced his way into Page's Euros line-up, Moore also wasn't going to let the little matter of a cut above his eye affect his performance. Dressed in the bandage, he looked even more warrior like.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Which is exactly what will be needed from Wales' leading players when they meet Turkey next on Wednesday, in Baku once more. Given the geography, this will be like a home match to the Turks who are expected to have up to 30,000 fans roaring them on inside the stadium.

What can we expect?

The Turks are already being roundly written off after their 3-0 opening day thumping to Italy, but expect a different animal this time in front of their own passionate fans.

Wales will be hoping for more from their big three of Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey and Joe Allen.

Bale, we know, still produces moments of matchwinning magic and as skipper has a huge influence upon the team.

Ramsey spent much of the Swiss game having to track back because the two midfielders behind him, Allen and Joe Morrell, were being so heavily over-run.

As for Allen, he's been at the bottom end or mid-table in the Championship for a while and that isn't great for providing the sharpness required in the engine room for the heat of international tournament battle.

On the plus side for Wales, Moore proved his worth, Dan James was a big threat around him and eyebrows were raised when Page chose to take off the Manchester United man.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Kieffer Moore £15mill-£20mill '

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 am

Annis is Paul Abbadanato working for Moores agent on commission, he is really putting Moore in the shop window with this article. Please will someone tell him to shut up :banghead:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:46 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis is Paul Abbadanato working for Moores agent on commission, he is really putting Moore in the shop window with this article. Please will someone tell him to shut up :banghead:

Roger,

My view after weekly chats with Paul, he is very very close to Dalman and puts out what he wants him to and I’ve told that to him, so I will leave it to your imagination. Hmmmmm?

And as you know have seen like all of us in the past they will probably accept less than half that and the money will not go back out on bringing new players in.

If we are ambitious we will 100% keep Kieffer Moore :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Annis is Paul Abbadanato working for Moores agent on commission, he is really putting Moore in the shop window with this article. Please will someone tell him to shut up :banghead:

Roger,

My view after weekly chats with Paul, he is very very close to Dalman and puts out what he wants him to and I’ve told that to him, so I will leave it to your imagination. Hmmmmm?

And as you know have seen like all of us in the past they will probably accept less than half that and the money will not go back out on bringing new players in.

Very true Annis :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:06 am

by Forever Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:46 am

Igovernor wrote:
Annis is Paul Abbadanato working for Moores agent on commission, he is really putting Moore in the shop window with this article. Please will someone tell him to shut up :banghead:

Roger,

That would be a lot of goals to replace!!! If it happens let's hope it's for £20mill plus and it's all used to build a team with some creativity and goals. Surely Dalman must realise that the real money is in the premiership! :banghead:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am

I hope he stays.

But if he continues to play well for Wales at the Euros, then we will struggle to keep him.

I believe he's capable of playing in the Premier League.. He was a bargain for us.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:15 am

100% got to keep him, big profit or not the club would be a bunch of mugs to let him go. We need him for our progression :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Roger,

We will do well to get £10m for Moore. This is just hopeful manipulation from the club using the media. Don't be surprised if Moore goes for less than £10, perhaps £8m.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm

If VT needs £15-20m that badly then sell him

But if VT is as rich as reports suggest - THERE IS NO NEED TO SELL HIM

If he stays he still shows as an asset on the clubs balance sheet

We need to keep him and build around him - for at least 12 months

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:If VT needs £15-20m that badly then sell him

How I look at it all.

I will go further. If VT is apologetic about the rebrand he would have replaced those red seat with blue ones. He is rich enough. He has not replaced those seats because he does not care. Hence why I feel he will sell Moore enough to keep us ticking over for a season.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

I will go further. If VT is apologetic about the rebrand he would have replaced those red seat with blue ones. He is rich enough. He has not replaced those seats because he does not care. Hence why I feel he will sell Moore enough to keep us ticking over for a season.

That's bull shit ,why would you waste money changing 10k seats come on ffs ,our away kit is and has been red and the wales team play there ,waste of time and money ,the outside has Been changed from red to blue on the exterior

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

That's bull shit ,why would you waste money changing 10k seats come on ffs ,our away kit is and has been red and the wales team play there ,waste of time and money ,the outside has Been changed from red to blue on the exterior

Because he does not give a shit about us and its not a waste of time and money as it would have shown he was really sorry about the whole affair. You just want to stick up for him. Are you hoping to supply the fish and chips for when the season starts?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

Because he does not give a shit about us and its not a waste of time and money as it would have shown he was really sorry about the whole affair. You just want to stick up for him. Are you hoping to supply the fish and chips for when the season starts?

Or maybe he just has a different opinion than you? It does happen.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

Tans priority is the team yours is a seat.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

On the flipside, if Tan doesn't care why did he reverse the rebrand? And why has he continued to invest when the caveat of the rebrand was that would be the only reason he would invest in the club?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Well said. Anyone who frets over the colour of a seat is in need of some serious help.That said I forgot my wife was concerned about the colour of our 3 piece suite

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

I thought all the idiots had left the board apparantly i was mistaken you are still on here :wave:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

So coz he hurt your feelings he must change and waste money on new seats ffs ,hes putting millions in a season but doesn't give a shit ay !

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 pm

On a more serious note we may well need any transfer fee to finance the Sala deal if and when the final decision goes against us.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

I thought all the idiots had left the board apparantly i was mistaken you are still on here :wave:

Well if you are going to call someone an idiot at least get your spelling right.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

So coz he hurt your feelings he must change and waste money on new seats ffs ,hes putting millions in a season but doesn't give a shit ay !

Yep he should change the seats to blue and any other thing that reminds us of the abortion of the rebrand that brought disgrace to us all.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:On a more serious note we may well need any transfer fee to finance the Sala deal if and when the final decision goes against us.

Apparently it's already covered.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

Yep he should change the seats to blue and any other thing that reminds us of the abortion of the rebrand that brought disgrace to us all.

Maybe VT should send you a written personal apology for ruining your life.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How I look at it all.

Well if you are going to call someone an idiot at least get your spelling right.

That is all you got :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 pm

:thumbup: