Joe Bennett

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Joe Bennett

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:Not a Jack but a fan who has seen far better left backs than Bennett.Bobby Ferguson, Peter Rodrigues, Gary Bell Ray Daniel, Clive Charles for starters.Ask your Dad, RVCasual

Rodrigues maybe....the rest well your kidding yourself .... Ray Daniel ?
skidemin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Simplesimon » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:A small part of me wonders if we may actually see Bennett play for us again.

I'm sure he will have plenty of clubs that would be keen but if no offers actually come in for him then surely we can give him 2 years if he wanted it.
Still able to play at this level and I don't think we'd get anyone better for little or no money spent

Rhys, what I am hearing is yes Bennett was willing to take a lower wage but wanted a 2 year new contract, City offered low but 1 year.

I know the a couple of the backroom staff and they say Bennett is making incredible progress as he has trained 7 days a week at the Vale.

If what i am hearing is correct i think another Championship club will take Bennett in July and City will regret it.

Is this right though ?

I thought somebody on here posted that he'd sold his home down here and bought one in Surrey (??) months ago ?

I agree that it would be a mistake to let Bennett go just for the sake of an extra year on the contract but if he was looking for money or wanted to move his family that's probably the deciding factor whatever we offer him.

Hes definitely moved out of his house near cowbridge, I know the person who cleaned it after they went ,apparently moved London way

He was buying a newbuild house just outside Cowbridge. Had a lot of alterations added to the build. Then pulled out. Another sportsman has bought it now.
Simplesimon

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:A small part of me wonders if we may actually see Bennett play for us again.

I'm sure he will have plenty of clubs that would be keen but if no offers actually come in for him then surely we can give him 2 years if he wanted it.
Still able to play at this level and I don't think we'd get anyone better for little or no money spent

Rhys, what I am hearing is yes Bennett was willing to take a lower wage but wanted a 2 year new contract, City offered low but 1 year.

I know the a couple of the backroom staff and they say Bennett is making incredible progress as he has trained 7 days a week at the Vale.

If what i am hearing is correct i think another Championship club will take Bennett in July and City will regret it.

Is this right though ?

I thought somebody on here posted that he'd sold his home down here and bought one in Surrey (??) months ago ?

I agree that it would be a mistake to let Bennett go just for the sake of an extra year on the contract but if he was looking for money or wanted to move his family that's probably the deciding factor whatever we offer him.

Hes definitely moved out of his house near cowbridge, I know the person who cleaned it after they went ,apparently moved
London way

Wez he is doing reabilitation every day, it's a long drive down to the vale every day from London :lol:
Igovernor

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:49 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is this right though ?

Hes definitely moved out of his house near cowbridge, I know the person who cleaned it after they went ,apparently moved
London way

Wez he is doing reabilitation every day, it's a long drive down to the vale every day from London :lol:

That's probably because he has free use of some state of the art rehab facilities and staff at the Vale until his contract runs out on 30th June so worthwhile renting for now.

Once he's out of contract I would suggest he'll have to either sign for another club or find other facilities (probably nearer his new home) ?
piledriver64

Previous

Return to General Chat