Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY STAR COMPARED TO £32MILLION SIGNING '

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am

Cardiff City goal ace Kieffer Moore compared to £32m Liverpool signing as ex-manager makes telling Premier League transfer claim

The Wales striker got off the mark in Euro 2020 when he netted the equaliser against Switzerland in the opening round of fixtures last weekend.

If Moore continues to do well in these Championship, Moores value will go past £20million.

By Glen Williams

Wednesday 16th June 2021

Kieffer Moore of Wales and Cardiff City has been compared to Crystal Palace and former Liverpool star Christian Benteke.

Kieffer Moore is destined for the Premier League next season because Cardiff City will receive offers they simply cannot refuse after Euro 2020, according to the player's former manager Paul Warne.

Moore's stock has risen astronomically in recent years and has undoubtedly now hit its highest point.

After a number of seasons trying to carve his own path in the Football League, he found success up at Rotherham on loan, before continuing that rich vein of form at Barnsley, Wigan and, of course, at Cardiff City last season.

Moore banged in 20 goals for his club last term and started his Euro 2020 campaign with a trademark bullet header to earn Rob Page's side an invaluable point against the Swiss last weekend.

Cardiff are, of course, braced for interest from clubs in the Premier League. The 28-year-old looked every bit a top-tier striker last season and given he now has the platform to showcase his talent on the biggest stage, the net of potential suitors has been cast far wider.

As things stand there appear to be no concrete offer on the table for Moore, but Warne, who took him on loan at Rotherham back in the 2017/18 season, believes it is only a matter of time before that happens.

Indeed Warne believes that Moore could fulfil a similar role to Crystal Palace forward Christian Benteke, a man who just five years ago commanded a £32million transfer to Liverpool.

PAUL WARNE:

“Kieffer is way past that line of proving people wrong now, he has done the whole circle," Warne told the Yorkshire Post.

“I have had probably six or seven managers phone me about him in the last few years saying: ‘Do you think he can do it again?’

“And I do and I honestly think he will go after this summer to the Premier League. Because you cannot tell me that he cannot do what (Christian) Benteke does for Crystal Palace in my opinion.

“I could imagine they (Cardiff) might get the odd offer or two which is too hard to turn down.”

While Moore's prowess on the pitch has been clear for all to see in recent seasons, Warne also talked up the player's presence and character within a squad environment.

A seemingly softly-spoken giant, Warne has branded the player a true leader.

“Kieffer was one who broke the mould," the Rotherham boss added. "His work ethic was brilliant, he wanted to improve and his attitude was spot on and had no arrogance in any way and did not have any sense of entitlement, which is quite unique with modern-day footballers.

“What struck me about Kieffer was that he was a really intelligent, clean-spoken, confident kid.

“He has a physical presence, but when he speaks, people listen. He is a leader on the pitch."

While Wales clearly have threats all over the pitch - Gareth Bale, Dan James and Aaron Ramsey chief among them - Moore's contribution will be vital to the country's chances this summer.

Page named Moore to start up top against Switzerland, following fears that he was going to omit him in favour of a 'false 9', and the Bluebirds star delivered.

In fact, he showed true courage to recover from a knock to the head, which required a Terry Butcher-style head bandage, early on in the piece to glance home the equaliser and earn Wales an invaluable point on that opening weekend.

And Warne knows from personal experience just how stoic the Wales frontman can really be.

“He is so brave," he added. "He scored no end of near-post headers for Barnsley from corners. Anyone who has played football at a decent level knows that if you attack that near post, you are expecting a keeper to punch you in the face and I also think what he doesn’t get credit for is the fact that he has really good feet. He is not just a simple target man."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY STAR COMPARED TO £32MILLION SIGNING '

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:07 am

This is good reading for Keiffer Moore and Cardiff City FC, as it means his time at the club has been a noticeable success and, for once, we have unearthed a genuine bargain in the transfer market. Something we have not had too much success at in recent times

But whilst this is all great news for all parties concerned, I dare say Agent Paul Warne included, I am not convinced we will see a (quote) "astronomical offer..." for him and I sincerely hope that I am proven right because we need him next season, if we are to be serious contenders for at least the top 6 and the club want to show the ambition, even on a restricted budget, that they (or mainly the politician) talk about

Times are hard right now and clubs even in the Premier League who may want his services will seek 'value' in their business, so for me, anyone who thinks we are going to get £10 - 15m (that figure is mentioned elsewhere and not in the above) are deluding themselves

I might be wrong but those thoughts suit me, sir; as I want Keifer to stay and take us forward next season

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 am

The problem is that currently little, or none, of the funds received for Moore would be reinvested into the squad.

Any fee will be absorbed to service the club's debts and operating costs ... Which is ok, as long as we all understand that the money will not go to improving the squad

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:08 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:The problem is that currently little, or none, of the funds received for Moore would be reinvested into the squad.

Any fee will be absorbed to service the club's debts and operating costs ... Which is ok, as long as we all understand that the money will not go to improving the squad

What are you basing that on? That has never happened under Tan’s watch.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:16 am

Sven wrote:This is good reading for Keiffer Moore and Cardiff City FC, as it means his time at the club has been a noticeable success and, for once, we have unearthed a genuine bargain in the transfer market. Something we have not had too much success at in recent times

But whilst this is all great news for all parties concerned, I dare say Agent Paul Warne included, I am not convinced we will see a (quote) "astronomical offer..." for him and I sincerely hope that I am proven right because we need him next season, if we are to be serious contenders for at least the top 6 and the club want to show the ambition, even on a restricted budget, that they (or mainly the politician) talk about

Times are hard right now and clubs even in the Premier League who may want his services will seek 'value' in their business, so for me, anyone who thinks we are going to get £10 - 15m (that figure is mentioned elsewhere and not in the above) are deluding themselves

I might be wrong but those thoughts suit me, sir; as I want Keifer to stay and take us forward next season

I'm not so sure about that. Whilst I don't think we'll get anywhere near 20mill for him. Another 1 or 2 goals this tournament could see an offer of around 12mill come in, in my view anyway. 20 goals in the championship in a team that struggled for half of it was a pretty good return.

We should be building our team around him but, money aside, if an offer comes in from the prem, city might not be able to stand in his way. He's 28 now so might want a good crack at the prem if given the opportunity.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:30 pm

The comparison with Benteke is a good one, they play in similar ways.

In today's prices, we should demand at least £20m for him. The market price has inflated a lot over the next five to ten years.

If a Premier League club needs a goalscorer, they will pay £20m. Someone like Brighton could really do with a Kieffer Moore.

I do worry we'll let him go for £8m though, and that would be a very bad deal for us.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:36 pm

This is getting ridiculous now. He had a good game against Switzerland and scored a goal but some of the stuff being said about him is gating over the top. Presumably if he scores a couple against Turkey the value will go up to £50 million.

Worth pointing out that good as Moore has been in the season befor Moore arrived we scored more goals and finished in a higher position.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The comparison with Benteke is a good one, they play in similar ways.

In today's prices, we should demand at least £20m for him. The market price has inflated a lot over the next five to ten years.

If a Premier League club needs a goalscorer, they will pay £20m. Someone like Brighton could really do with a Kieffer Moore.

I do worry we'll let him go for £8m though, and that would be a very bad deal for us.

Brighton have Welbeck and Maupay. Arguably both better.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:16 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:The comparison with Benteke is a good one, they play in similar ways.

Welbeck isn't a striker, more of a wide player.

Maupay has struggled in the Premier League and is a totally different player to Moore.

Brighton have one of the lowest xG to goals rates in Europe and are desperate for another striker.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm

If he goes abroad I have a feeling we will get a bigger offer...

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Who’s this Warne bloke Glennis is on about.. obviously proof reading is no longer requisite in the lower ranks

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Welbeck isn't a striker, more of a wide player.

Maupay has struggled in the Premier League and is a totally different player to Moore.

Brighton have one of the lowest xG to goals rates in Europe and are desperate for another striker.

Can play both can Welbeck. Unbelievably played up front for England.

Maupay had a far better goals ratio than Moore in the championship.

We like to over rate our own and I love Moore. But Maupay is better albeit in a different way but more suited to the premier league.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm

We paid 10m for Bobby Reid who had half a good season in the championship, so in my eyes of keiffer does go it cannot be less than 15m

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm

danielrees17 wrote:We paid 10m for Bobby Reid who had half a good season in the championship, so in my eyes of keiffer does go it cannot be less than 15m

More than half a good season. Plus age, pace. Had a lot going for him. Like when we paid £10 million for Murphy.

Now if Cornelius is worth £10 million!!!

Pity Malky didn’t get the Everton or Man Ure jobs. Might be lining up £60 million bid for Kiefer.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm

maccydee wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:The problem is that currently little, or none, of the funds received for Moore would be reinvested into the squad.

That's because we've only sold one player for decent money since he's been here :lol:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:22 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

That's because we've only sold one player for decent money since he's been here :lol:

Because we keep players unless we want to sell them.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:15 pm

I wish KM had taken that penalty today instead of GB. I am confident he would have scored and added a few more bucks to his transfer value.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I wish KM had taken that penalty today instead of GB. I am confident he would have scored and added a few more bucks to his transfer value.

Said exactly the same earlier. As with all his pens if the keeper gets to it he's ending up in the back of the net too! Smashes them, no fancy run ups, no guile, just brute power!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I wish KM had taken that penalty today instead of GB. I am confident he would have scored and added a few more bucks to his transfer value.

;)

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:50 am

maccydee wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:We paid 10m for Bobby Reid who had half a good season in the championship, so in my eyes of keiffer does go it cannot be less than 15m

More than half a good season. Plus age, pace. Had a lot going for him. Like when we paid £10 million for Murphy.

Pity Malky didn’t get the Everton or Man Ure jobs. Might be lining up £60 million bid for Kiefer.

A-Corn playing in these Euros...! :shock:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am

Thought Keifer had a reasonable game yesterday but nothing special enough to have premier league clubs reaching for their cheque books.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:06 pm

If you'd never watched either Kane or Moore before and watched the England and Wales games who would you have said was the top striker. I know which one would have got my vote :thumbup:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

A-Corn playing in these Euros...! :shock:

He came on late on in their 1st game Chris,he did nothing, and still for a big boy,he cannot jump for shite! And he still looks like bambi on ice!! But good work if you can get it eh?