Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EFL to consult ALL 72 clubs, players and fans on how they wa

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm

EFL to consult ALL 72 clubs, players and fans on how they want to present a united front against racism next season, amid concern that taking the knee has become 'divisive' and booing will be widespread next season

Already some clubs have stopped taking the knee and many clubs are considering to stop next next season.

In the Euros so far only England, Wales and Switzerland have taken the knee with all the other countries refusing to take part.

BLM themselves are also being accused of being a racist organisation by many people.

Sports Mail

Thursday 17th June 2021

Sportsmail has spoken to EFL club executives about thoughts on taking a knee

Clubs are concerned that the boos directed at the national team will spread

EFL sides would support the development of other forms of protests

But issue is still seen as a matter of personal choice among players and coaches
Now EFL has announced a plan to consult all 72 clubs on what they want to do

Clubs have told Sportsmail they are desperate to find an alternative to 'the knee' when domestic competition resumes in August and now the EFL has recruited an agency to run a far-reaching review.

Last term, on the few occasions that fans were actually allowed to attend matches due to the coronavirus pandemic, some players were booed when they took the knee before games in the EFL.

Taking the knee has also attracted abuse from England supporters, including prior to the national team's tournament opener against Croatia, raising further concerns for the season ahead.

'We need to find a way out of it,' said Ian Mather, chief executive of Cambridge United, where a small number of fans booed last season. 'I think that will be shared across the EFL.

'My personal view is that football should say at some point 'we will stop taking the knee, but not stop fighting against racism'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EFL to consult ALL 72 clubs, players and fans on how the

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Let’s hope Cardiff do the right thing and finally say NO more :thumbright:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Forever Blue » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm
..... 'My personal view is that football should say at some point 'we will stop taking the knee, but not stop fighting against racism'.

Totally agree.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:18 pm

The sensible thing to do would be to stop it next season.

There are people who agree with, but there are just as many who strongly oppose it - and not because they're racist I would like to add.

So it is incredibly divisive.

Said in the past, and stand by it, that I don't have a strong view on it either way.

Best thing to do would be to stop doing it and go back to the Kick It Out campaigns.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm

I agree that we should find something as an alternative to the knee, mainly as it has lost its impact. Maybe a 10-15 second statement over the public address system against racism and discrimination immediately before kick off, while the players stand still? Just a thought.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In the Euros so far only England, Wales and Switzerland have taken the knee with all the other countries refusing to take part.

Belgium and Turkey also kneeled and Scotland will tomorrow.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The sensible thing to do would be to stop it next season.

There are people who agree with, but there are just as many who strongly oppose it - and not because they're racist I would like to add.

Said in the past, and stand by it, that I don't have a strong view on it either way.

Best thing to do would be to stop doing it and go back to the Kick It Out campaigns.

One of the top brass at Kick It Out has said they support the kneeling as an anti racism gesture.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:15 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:In the Euros so far only England, Wales and Switzerland have taken the knee with all the other countries refusing to take part.

Yes sorry they did, Scotland are doing it for one match only as England asked them to.

So 5 out of 24 teams and the 6 Country Scotland put under pressure to do it for one game.

18 others say NO, interesting stats.

Personally I can not stand seeing it happening, football is about football not BLM.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Yes sorry they did, Scotland are doing it for one match only as England asked them to.

So 5 out of 24 teams and the 6 Country Scotland put under pressure to do it for one game.

Personally I can not stand seeing it happening, football is about football not BLM.

Just pointing out the article is wrong is all

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:21 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Just pointing out the article is wrong is all

Yes the media as we know make mistakes all the time.

But to be fair the over all picture they are trying to put forward is honest.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:21 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

One of the top brass at Kick It Out has said they support the kneeling as an anti racism gesture.

Fair point, but it's not their campaign - that was my point.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Sop the bloody nonsense ASAP.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Best thing to do would be to stop doing it and go back to the Kick It Out campaigns.

Personally I would have a campaign of teaching individuals to be more thick skinned and stop taking offence at every juncture. All my life I have been called a fat ugly barstewed but rather than cry about being offended I laugh it off and think 'well actually they are factually correct' :lol:

IMO racism or prejudice only exists if opportunities are denied to you because of the colour of your skin such as employment, housing, etc. If someone is calling you nasty names because you have had a crap game then black players should take it on the chin like everyone else has to.

The more this is done the more name calling will become diluted and IMO fade out.

With regard to football provided black players are getting a fair opportunity to progress their careers and not held back due to the colour of their skin then there is no racism as far as I am concerned.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Best thing to do would be to stop doing it and go back to the Kick It Out campaigns.

Personally I would have a campaign of teaching individuals to be more thick skinned and stop taking offence at every juncture. All my life I have been called a fat ugly barstewed but rather than cry about being offended I laugh it off and think 'well actually they are factually correct' :lol:

IMO racism or prejudice only exists if opportunities are denied to you because of the colour of your skin such as employment, housing, etc. If someone is calling you nasty names because you have had a crap game then black players should take it on the chin like everyone else has to.

The more this is done the more name calling will become diluted and IMO fade out.

With regard to football provided black players are getting a fair opportunity to progress their careers and not held back due to the colour of their skin then there is no racism as far as I am concerned.

The thing is you can do something about being fat, you can't help what colour skin you have when you're born.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:38 pm

I’ve been the victim of some horrendous Anti Scottish racism on here mate. People suggesting Jocks wear I’ll fitting skirts, shocking, I had to go to my safe space to get over it, we’ll I say over it but the pains still there.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

The thing is you can do something about being fat, you can't help what colour skin you have when you're born.

and ...........he could have a face lift :thumbup:

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 pm

The most racist thing is the Black Power fist pump like what that idiot is doing in the picture above. Totally lost interest in football when it’s full of virtue signaling wanna be Marxists.
The world is turning upside down with this crap and WOKE bullshit.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:57 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The most racist thing is the Black Power fist pump like what that idiot is doing in the picture above. Totally lost interest in football when it’s full of virtue signaling wanna be Marxists.

Correct Nukes, the BLM fist pump is totally racist, but nothing is being said, imagine the other way around.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:The most racist thing is the Black Power fist pump like what that idiot is doing in the picture above. Totally lost interest in football when it’s full of virtue signaling wanna be Marxists.

Correct Nukes, the BLM fist pump is totally racist, but nothing is being said, imagine the other way around.

Annis because it’s being pushed by those with agendas. Look at the new News channel GB News the deplorable Hope not hate Group and Stonewall are getting sponsors to drop GB News under the threat of if you don’t you will be branded racist.
And that is what is happening everyone frightened by now being labelled.
And you look at footballers many are to frightened to stand up for themselves due to the threat of being called racist by certain groups and certain high profile footballers like Sterling and Rashford.
Let me know when this pathetic madness stops.
World full of cowardly pussies now chief :oops:

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:

should be sacked for being divisive ....
its a sham... WHOLE teams doing it....WHOLE teams not doing it....some teams only doing it when their opponents happen to be a country thats doing it...anyone that thinks this is players free individual choice with no pressure being put is living in cuckoo land....on top of this we actually have to watch blokes taking the knee who have served bans for racist comments :shock: all while their managers /representatives call those booing who have never said anything racist all sorts ...