Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ampadu's Sheffield United admission Ethan Ampadu says he's

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Ampadu's Sheffield United admission

Ethan Ampadu says he's better off after what was a difficult season-long loan spell with Sheffield United.

The Wales ace struggled early on but became a more prominent figure at Bramall Lane last term, although the Blades finished rock bottom of the Premier League to ensure they will be playing in the Championship next term.

However, Chelsea man Ampadu - who made 29 appearances in all competitions for Sheffield United - believes his tough experience in the Steel City will stand him in good stead.

“It was a disappointing season. It was not the target or aims that we had," he explained.

"We fell below that. But if I am being selfish, and on a personal level it was the first season I played so many games and I learnt so much.

"With every game you get more experience and I have gained quite a few experiences this season and going into this [Euros] hopefully it can only help."

Ampadu came on as a late substitute in Wales' tournament opener against Switzerland but is now pushing for a starting place against Turkey.