Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rules for throw-ins _Have the rules changed???

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:03 pm

It used to be that a throw-in was taken where the ball went out of play, but watching the Euros they often start off 10 or 15 yards further forward and then gradually move even further forward, and no action is taken to pull them back. There was one case either yesterday or today where the ball went into touch right alongside the linesman about a foot or so from the goal-line. By the time the throw-in had been taken he was nearer the halfway line than the goal-line and it was fine. Have I missed some rule change???

Re: Rules for throw-ins _Have the rules changed???

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Scoularite wrote:It used to be that a throw-in was taken where the ball went out of play, but watching the Euros they often start off 10 or 15 yards further forward and then gradually move even further forward, and no action is taken to pull them back. There was one case either yesterday or today where the ball went into touch right alongside the linesman about a foot or so from the goal-line. By the time the throw-in had been taken he was nearer the halfway line than the goal-line and it was fine. Have I missed some rule change???

been thinking much the same... no such thing as a foul throw either.... but the pundits keep saying how wonderful the officials have been...

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 am

skidemin wrote:
Scoularite wrote:It used to be that a throw-in was taken where the ball went out of play, but watching the Euros they often start off 10 or 15 yards further forward and then gradually move even further forward, and no action is taken to pull them back. There was one case either yesterday or today where the ball went into touch right alongside the linesman about a foot or so from the goal-line. By the time the throw-in had been taken he was nearer the halfway line than the goal-line and it was fine. Have I missed some rule change???

been thinking much the same... no such thing as a foul throw either.... but the pundits keep saying how wonderful the officials have been...

Been a bug bear of mine for last few years. Linesmen- sorry referee assistants- don't have a lot to do now with VAR yet the vast majority of foul throws and stealing yards are not picked up.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 am

Agree game the other night Throw in about 5 m inside player half by the time he threw it in he had moved over half way line and still allowed it We see time and time again Ball goes in by corner flag and player releasing ball 10 meter away from flag

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:57 am

Yes the rules have changed but only for the bigger clubs :lol: