Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City offered £5million for City's striker

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:22 am

I have been reading strong rumours that Burnley have offered £5million for Kieffer Moore?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: City offered £5million for City's striker

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 am

Double it then we can start discussions about a £15m plus transfer

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 am

Moore is not a Premiership standard player, good high quality Championship player that will help get a club promoted to the Prem, worth £10m :bluebird:

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:27 am

That would not surprise me but think they need to double the offer before City even start to talk and that would be to dismiss a £10m bid in current market

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am

If Brewster and Mcburnie are worth 45 million combined we should get a minimum 15 million for a major competition scoring 20+ goal season striker

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:15 am

Got to be worth at least 10 million

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:16 am

Abergavenny wrote:That would not surprise me but think they need to double the offer before City even start to talk and that would be to dismiss a £10m bid in current market

agreed.

He's a good fit for Burnley but £5m shouldn't even tempt us. We paid £2m, probably paid out in £500K in wages so not a huge return at £5m.

As others have said, if we get a bid of £10m+ for a 28/29 year old then we probably have to take it, frustrating but that's how clubs have to survive at the moment.

Of course, things get even more difficult if the player starts angling after a move, hopefully that isn't the case in this instance.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:16 am

Please, No CCFC Board.

How many times have we sold our best assets :oops:

Yes, it's a business but have a bit of ambition, please. :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 am

Ninian27 wrote:I have been reading strong rumours that Burnley have offered £5million for Kieffer Moore?

I’ve been thinking he’s a good fit for Burnley actually. Not at that price though. What’s the source mate?

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am

Bellamys barmy army wrote:If Brewster and Mcburnie are worth 45 million combined we should get a minimum 15 million for a major competition scoring 20+ goal season striker

their records at championship level are similar to Kiefer’s.

With their age I would think worth more.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 am

If James Collins is Kieffers replacement , then we will be in serious trouble next season.
Expected headline on deadline transfer day , kieffer sold and the club had no time to fetch anyone in :-)

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:41 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:I have been reading strong rumours that Burnley have offered £5million for Kieffer Moore?

I’ve been thinking he’s a good fit for Burnley actually. Not at that price though. What’s the source mate?

Likewise, however would he be guaranteed a starting place over Chris Wood? He’s always done fairly well for them.

Hopefully the fact Moore didn’t over perform at the Euros will go in our favour… hopefully :banghead:.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 am

The club shouldn't even be listening to offers below £10mill.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:44 am

15 Million or 10 nothing less

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:53 am

Won't be surprised if we accept it unfortunately

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 pm

If we were genuinely interested in Harry Wilson then we must keep a player who is worth the same (£10m)

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:39 pm

We payed that for glatzel and sold him for peanuts we should not entertain anything less than 15 mill

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 pm

My gut feeling is that if any club comes in with a bid of a few million quid more than £5 million then he will be off.

£5 million for a proven 20 goal a season Championship striker? Cardiff City FC would have to be desperate to sell him at that price..... unless we got the Riddler advising VT on financial matters???

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:28 pm

The club has shown already that if any bids come in for a player then they will seriously consider it.

Look at Glatzel for instance. I know we don't know the exact price paid but we know its probably between £400,000-£800,000. My point is that we - along with a lot of other clubs - have been hit hard and any money is warmly received. Can you honestly say that we would have sold RG for that price this time last year? Or even 6 months ago?

Unfortunately I think that we will be accepting bids like this. I do however agree that £10-15mill is what we SHOULD be listening to

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:The club has shown already that if any bids come in for a player then they will seriously consider it.

Look at Glatzel for instance. I know we don't know the exact price paid but we know its probably between £400,000-£800,000. My point is that we - along with a lot of other clubs - have been hit hard and any money is warmly received. Can you honestly say that we would have sold RG for that price this time last year? Or even 6 months ago?

Unfortunately I think that we will be accepting bids like this. I do however agree that £10-15mill is what we SHOULD be listening to

Of course they will consider any bid but we have never sold players we didn’t want to under the odds while Tan has owned us.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:43 pm

If Moore was at any other championship club then premier league clubs would be offering 10-15m. However this is Cardiff city and they all know we are quick to accept menial offers.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:55 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:If Moore was at any other championship club then premier league clubs would be offering 10-15m. However this is Cardiff city and they all know we are quick to accept menial offers.

Is that right? You may want to check on how much we turned down for our last actual goal scorer of any note.

Whatever we do or don't accept for players will always be used as a stick to beat the club with by some & it gets boring.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:If Moore was at any other championship club then premier league clubs would be offering 10-15m. However this is Cardiff city and they all know we are quick to accept menial offers.

When have we done that in the last 10 years?

Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

Is that right? You may want to check on how much we turned down for our last actual goal scorer of any note.

Whatever we do or don't accept for players will always be used as a stick to beat the club with by some & it gets boring.

Agree. Under Sam we sold players cheap, under Riddler we sold players cheap. Under Tan we haven’t done that unless we want to.

Re: City offered £5million for City's strike

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:16 am

Can't think of any player we have sold in the last 10 years for a menial offer. In fact I would say the opposite is true. One of the advantages of having a wealthy chairman is we don't have to sell players for menial offers.

Out attack will look weak if we do let Moore go. Collins is not good enough to lead the line for an entire season,MM clearly thinks Watters is not good enough to play at this level and there have to be serious doubts that Harris is a striker who will score many goals.Maybe we will get that seven foot bloke from Solihull.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 am

maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Agree. Under Sam we sold players cheap, under Riddler we sold players cheap. Under Tan we haven’t done that unless we want to.

Absolutely and it goes as far back as the likes of El Loco, for whom we made sure he didn't go 'on the cheap'

In later years it is clear we haven't had players of similar value other than the likes of Decordova-Reid (who can truly say he went 'on the cheap'?) and Murphy, who has (to date) been kept on...

Where City have been proflugate is on wages, where we appear to have paid (some) average or disappointing players a lot of money, which makes them difficult to move out

Tomlin is one of those 'dusappointing' players and hecapoears to have no shame or moral compass

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:56 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:The club has shown already that if any bids come in for a player then they will seriously consider it.

look at Glatzel ? .... yes a player with 1 year of his contract left that did not work out very well ..who was sent out on loan and hardly started and who our manager has said ..he is not for me....
im shocked we found a buyer at all ..thought we would either be stuck with someone not wanted by the manager or would have to grease his palm ro leave....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 am

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Absolutely and it goes as far back as the likes of El Loco, for whom we made sure he didn't go 'on the cheap'

In later years it is clear we haven't had players of similar value other than the likes of Decordova-Reid (who can truly say he went 'on the cheap'?) and Murphy, who has (to date) been kept on...

Where City have been proflugate is on wages, where we appear to have paid (some) average or disappointing players a lot of money, which makes them difficult to move out

Tomlin is one of those 'dusappointing' players and hecapoears to have no shame or moral compass

I don’t get where people are coming from sometimes.

They seem to write the first thing that comes into their head never mind the veracity of it.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:01 am

We aren’t gonna take less for Moore than we did for Zohore.

Remember him? 8.5 million.

Yep we sell players on the cheap. We also allegedly had bigger offers for him we turned down as he was important to our prospects.

But don’t let the truth get in the way of your digs at Tan.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:06 am

Same old Cardiff, we will sell our best player and be back to square one. Very close to the bottom of the table this season.