Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: City offered £5million for City's striker

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:14 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Llantwit bluebird wrote:If Moore was at any other championship club then premier league clubs would be offering 10-15m. However this is Cardiff city and they all know we are quick to accept menial offers.

Is that right? You may want to check on how much we turned down for our last actual goal scorer of any note.

Whatever we do or don't accept for players will always be used as a stick to beat the club with by some & it gets boring.

Agree. Under Sam we sold players cheap, under Riddler we sold players cheap. Under Tan we haven’t done that unless we want to.

Absolutely and it goes as far back as the likes of El Loco, for whom we made sure he didn't go 'on the cheap'

In later years it is clear we haven't had players of similar value other than the likes of Decordova-Reid (who can truly say he went 'on the cheap'?) and Murphy, who has (to date) been kept on...

Where City have been proflugate is on wages, where we appear to have paid (some) average or disappointing players a lot of money, which makes them difficult to move out

Tomlin is one of those 'dusappointing' players and hecapoears to have no shame or moral compass

I don’t get where people are coming from sometimes.

They seem to write the first thing that comes into their head never mind the veracity of it.

and right on cue someone volunteers an example of this posting the first thing that comes into their head.....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:19 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Llantwit bluebird wrote:If Moore was at any other championship club then premier league clubs would be offering 10-15m. However this is Cardiff city and they all know we are quick to accept menial offers.

Is that right? You may want to check on how much we turned down for our last actual goal scorer of any note.

Whatever we do or don't accept for players will always be used as a stick to beat the club with by some & it gets boring.

Agree. Under Sam we sold players cheap, under Riddler we sold players cheap. Under Tan we haven’t done that unless we want to.

Absolutely and it goes as far back as the likes of El Loco, for whom we made sure he didn't go 'on the cheap'

In later years it is clear we haven't had players of similar value other than the likes of Decordova-Reid (who can truly say he went 'on the cheap'?) and Murphy, who has (to date) been kept on...

Where City have been proflugate is on wages, where we appear to have paid (some) average or disappointing players a lot of money, which makes them difficult to move out

Tomlin is one of those 'dusappointing' players and hecapoears to have no shame or moral compass

They seem to write the first thing that comes into their head never mind the veracity of it.

and right on cue someone volunteers an example of this posting the first thing that comes into their head.....

What’s up with my comment?

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

nothing...i agreed.... you made a point and 2minutes later someone is giving it same old City....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 pm

I suspect that Burnley know full well there is no way we will accecpt £5 million for Moore. The problem will arise if they really want him. We will probably demand£15 million for him the might offer £8 million we damand £12 etc. There will be some figure we will sell at depends if Burnley are willing to meet it.

Problem is if we do sell out strike force looks weak without him and we would have to spend a fair chunk getting another striker in.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:31 pm

£5m?! More Like £15m!

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

nothing...i agreed.... you made a point and 2minutes later someone is giving it same old City....

Ha ha I know I was being a knob. Saw his comment.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Crayfish wrote:I suspect that Burnley know full well there is no way we will accecpt £5 million for Moore. The problem will arise if they really want him. We will probably demand£15 million for him the might offer £8 million we damand £12 etc. There will be some figure we will sell at depends if Burnley are willing to meet it.

Problem is if we do sell out strike force looks weak without him and we would have to spend a fair chunk getting another striker in.

I don’t think it will happen but Zohore had one good season as did McCormack and we regretted not selling them when their value was at its highest.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Apparently the bid has been accepted, Moore wants to move.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:38 pm

dazza wrote:Apparently the bid has been accepted, Moore wants to move.

Wtf

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:02 pm

dazza wrote:Apparently the bid has been accepted, Moore wants to move.

apparently ?
as for KM even if he does want to leave he has no say in what fee we accept...

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Double it then we can start discussions about a £15m plus transfer

:thumbup: