Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mowatt off to WBA

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:56 am

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/06/ ... m-medical/

Re: Mowatt off to WBA

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:53 am

Gutted by this as I was hoping we were talking to him.The kind of player we are crying out for.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:05 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Gutted by this as I was hoping we were talking to him.The kind of player we are crying out for.

We are not willing to pay for that sort of player. That has become obvious of late.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Gutted by this as I was hoping we were talking to him.The kind of player we are crying out for.

We are not willing to pay for that sort of player. That has become obvious of late.

Though we're not flush he would have been a freebie as far as a transfer was concerned and when it comes to wages I still think we're competitive.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:44 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Though we're not flush he would have been a freebie as far as a transfer was concerned and when it comes to wages I still think we're competitive.

he is apparently going to WBA who have parachute payments ,so not sure if competitive stretches to matching or paying more than newly relegated clubs..... besides its not always about matching wages and fees...thats if we were interested at all...?....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:45 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

We are competitive but WBA is a better pull for him and players like him as almost certainly wba be pushing top 2 plus whilst freebie garauntee he will be on good wage and probably signing on fee .... on bright side all the good freebies cannot go to relegated teams so plenty fish out there .

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:58 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Not with West Brom we aren’t.

They signed Zohore for 8 million remember. Much more likely to be premier league than us and that’s not a criticism it’s simply a fact.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:05 pm

y pembroke allan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:45 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Gutted by this as I was hoping we were talking to him.The kind of player we are crying out for.

We are competitive but WBA is a better pull for him and players like him as almost certainly wba be pushing top 2 plus whilst freebie garauntee he will be on good wage and probably signing on fee .... on bright side all the good freebies cannot go to relegated teams so plenty fish out there .

Spot on, and the truth is that we have not done that well when spending much cash! We need to really work on the youth set up and watch out for the freebies or bargains!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:55 am

Was always going to happen when the Barnsley manager went there.