Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What does this tell you?

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:05 am

Out of all the people in the UK admitted to hospital at this time, 97% of them had not had the vaccine :banghead:

Re: What does this tell you?

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:04 pm

That the vaccine works :thumbup:

I suppose the good thing is those catching it are also getting immunity, and as they are young are mostly not too badly affected by it.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:30 pm

Igovernor wrote:Out of all the people in the UK admitted to hospital at this time, 97% of them had not had the vaccine :banghead:

Rog, look at the other side of the coin, if it’s not means that people who’ve had the jab are catching it.they certainly won’t admit it and where does that leave us?

I’m not sure they know what’s going on and it was only a few weeks back they admitted the virus was airborne when it first struck. Most of us knew that and they denied it.

Watching some of the England fans at Wembley last night
I don’t think they’d had any jabs but hey ho time will tell

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Out of all the people in the UK admitted to hospital at this time, 97% of them had not had the vaccine :banghead:

Rog, look at the other side of the coin, if it’s not means that people who’ve had the jab are catching it.they certainly won’t admit it and where does that leave us?

I’m not sure they know what’s going on and it was only a few weeks back they admitted the virus was airborne when it first struck. Most of us knew that and they denied it.

Very true Karl time will tell :thumbup:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Yes, and in the UK and other countries, the annual berr throwing contest was in full flow...

As you say, time will tell...

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:13 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Yes, and in the UK and other countries, the annual berr throwing contest was in full flow...

As you say, time will tell...

Well cant be bad as only 88 people in Wales are in hospital with or suspected covid lowest since start pandemic something is working ? :old:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:18 pm

What does it tell you?

I would say the vaccine is working at the expected rate.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:27 pm

Just announced there are more people admitted to Hospitals needing to be placed on a ventilator now than there was 2 months ago.

It’s inevitable that a variant will bypass any vaccine sometime in the future.

Will they tell us?

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:10 pm

that 99% of hospital admissions have nothing to do with covid...
and 100% of hospital admissions for side effects to vaccines are people who have had the vaccine....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:24 pm

skidemin wrote:

and 100% of hospital admissions for side effects to vaccines are people who have had the vaccine....

Unfortunately this is probably true.......but you won't convince the vaccinated as the truth would be too scary to comprehend.......especially as they have no way of turning back. Good luck to all. :bluebird:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:39 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Unfortunately this is probably true.......but you won't convince the vaccinated as the truth would be too scary to comprehend.......especially as they have no way of turning back. Good luck to all. :bluebird:

im not trying to convince anyone of anything
just adding a bit of context to the 97%.. its 97 % of a small number...

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 pm

skidemin wrote:

I am sorry but you are talking rubbish, and bye the way it is 97% and it is 97% of the people admitted with Covid!

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

im not trying to convince anyone of anything
just adding a bit of context to the 97%.. its 97 % of a small number...

97% of those admitted with Covid!

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I am sorry but you are talking rubbish, and bye the way it is 97% and it is 97% of the people admitted with Covid!

thats it though... you simply call everything you do not like rubbish.
i fully understood what your 97% actually referred to ... ....just you left out that its 97% of COVID patients which is A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS...
strangely enough after calling it rubbish you then corrected it yourself....

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:37 am

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

thats it though... you simply call everything you do not like rubbish.
i fully understood what your 97% actually referred to ... ....just you left out that its 97% of COVID patients which is A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS...
strangely enough after calling it rubbish you then corrected it yourself....

When you get to my age you do not always say or write what you mean, having read your reply I realized that I did not make myself clear in my post, hence the correction :thumbup:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:22 am

skidemin wrote:

that 99% of hospital admissions have nothing to do with covid... Great point :thumbup:
Despite there being a much more virile Delta variant people aren't needing to go to hospital, the vaccine is working, and the NHS can now get on with the backlogs :thumbup:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:24 am

skidemin wrote:

that 99% of hospital admissions have nothing to do with covid... Great point :thumbup:
Even better 99.999999999999% of hospital admissions are nothing to do with the vaccine programme :thumbup:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:35 am

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Despite there being a much more virile Delta variant people aren't needing to go to hospital, the vaccine is working, and the NHS can now get on with the backlogs :thumbup:

Despite there being a much more virulent Delta variant people aren't needing to go to hospital, the vaccine is working, and the NHS can now get on with the backlogs :thumbup:

Virulent predictive text.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:47 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Despite there being a much more virulent Delta variant people aren't needing to go to hospital, the vaccine is working, and the NHS can now get on with the backlogs :thumbup:

honestly think we are at a point . well tbh way past the point where people should actually be ill to be considered or called a covid case.... its misleading ..how many times in your life have you had a bad day . a bug , the flu or a cold and just got over it in a few days without medical attention ? if your like me , its lots of times.. no test , no record of it...thats what we have here , your mate has covid so you take a test and get to isolate as it turns out you have it too without ever even feeling ill.... on top of this our testing numbers are huge...currently 10 times Germanys but over all we have conducted more tests than Germany , France and Spain combined....

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

honestly think we are at a point . well tbh way past the point where people should actually be ill to be considered or called a covid case.... its misleading ..how many times in your life have you had a bad day . a bug , the flu or a cold and just got over it in a few days without medical attention ? if your like me , its lots of times.. no test , no record of it...thats what we have here , your mate has covid so you take a test and get to isolate as it turns out you have it too without ever even feeling ill.... on top of this our testing numbers are huge...currently 10 times Germanys but over all we have conducted more tests than Germany , France and Spain combined....

True we are at the point where we need to fully open up, the vaccine has been offered to all ages and it's down to personal choice now. Open up and let people decide if they want to go out or stay in, wear a mask or not, distance if they want but accept other people won't have too, and may walk close by. The majority of people can catch it with little problem and it should be no more dangerous than the flu for people vaccinated or young and healthy, it's definitely time live with this virus.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Just announced there are more people admitted to Hospitals needing to be placed on a ventilator now than there was 2 months ago.

Will they tell us?

It’s not inevitable at all.

The mainstream media make everything seem worse.

The vaccine is far better than expected even. One jab doesn’t protect as well as it did against other variants but does to expected levels.

I read an article from a professor in epidemiology recently and he stated it’s more likely not than it is that a variant evades the vaccine totally and they will always offer some protection. He is very sure we will never return to day zero.

What he did say is that people will get boosters like they do with flu.

Covid will turn into flu pretty much. In warm countries it will likely disappear altogether.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:31 pm

skidemin wrote:

That’s a great stat. 100% of people with vaccine side effects have had the vaccine. :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

That’s a great stat. 100% of people with vaccine side effects have had the vaccine. :lol:

:D

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:44 pm

https://twitter.com/DrPeterMoloney/stat ... 78049?s=20

Wort a look at this thread.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Just announced there are more people admitted to Hospitals needing to be placed on a ventilator now than there was 2 months ago.

Will they tell us?

Where’s the link to that mate as all I’m hearing on the news are there are LESS people in hospital with serious Covid symptoms now.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:34 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

it is true though , you can not catch vaccine side effects no matter how hard you try....
my point was more to do with big percentages and half the story though....
yes the report this 97% is taken from is from PHE
the exact same report also says that 61% of those who have died from the delta variant between 1st feb and 25th june had been vaccinated and 44% of those that died had both jabs....

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:09 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

it is true though , you can not catch vaccine side effects no matter how hard you try....

the exact same report also says that 61% of those who have died from the delta variant between 1st feb and 25th june had been vaccinated and 44% of those that died had both jabs.

That's what you would expect it's a great stat, the average age for death was 81 and very frail old people, 96% of which have been double jabbed. So based on the first two waves you would expect this figure to be 90% plus double jabbed as that's all the really old weak and ill, but due to the vaccine and the reduction in serious illness it's only 44%, that's great news :thumbup:

What is sad though sad is that younger unvaccinated people are now making up a larger proportion of the death rate.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:21 am

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

the exact same report also says that 61% of those who have died from the delta variant between 1st feb and 25th june had been vaccinated and 44% of those that died had both jabs.

That's what you would expect it's a great stat, the average age for death was 81 and very frail old people, 96% of which have been double jabbed. So based on the first two waves you would expect this figure to be 90% plus double jabbed as that's all the really old weak and ill, but due to the vaccine and the reduction in serious illness it's only 44%, that's great news :thumbup:

What is sad though sad is that younger unvaccinated people are now making up a larger proportion of the death rate.

the... percentage.... of younger people dying has increased but not the actual number..

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:49 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

the... percentage.... of younger people dying has increased but not the actual number..

Agreed that's what I said, making up a larger proportion, means the same as a higher percentage :thumbup:

The Covid 19 death rate for people catching the virus has reduced significantly due to the success of the vaccination programme, and lockdowns can and should end, it's good news :thumbup:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:48 pm

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Agreed that's what I said, making up a larger proportion, means the same as a higher percentage :thumbup:

The Covid 19 death rate for people catching the virus has reduced significantly due to the success of the vaccination programme, and lockdowns can and should end, it's good news :thumbup:

how things are worded has been terrible from day 1..... would you really say.... what is sad though is less younger people are dying ? no you wouldnt or would anyone else.... its a case of make it sound as bad as possible all the time and if the numbers do not fit turn them in to a percentage although you know that what its a percentage of is now tiny to what its previously been as most of the at greatest risk group { 80 odd and frail } have been double jabbed........ and completely out of context to previously used percentages....its not only you doing it ..its media , governments and every phobe between here and timbuktu...