Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Nuno and Rafa “

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:53 pm

“ Nuno and Rafa “

Tottenham have appointed former Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo as their new manager on a two-year contract.

Nuno left Wolves in May after four impressive seasons, during which time he took the club from the Championship to a Europa League quarter-final.

Spurs sacked Jose Mourinho in April and replaced him with 29-year-old Ryan Mason until the end of last season.

"It's an enormous pleasure and honour [to be at Spurs]. I'm happy and looking forward to starting work," said Nuno.

"We don't have any days to lose and we must start working immediately as pre-season starts in a few days."

Re: “ Nuno and Rafa “

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Everton hired Rafael Benitez as their new manager on Wednesday despite fan protests against the Premier League club’s move for the former Liverpool boss.

Benitez agreed a three-year contract with Everton and succeeds Carlo Ancelotti, who left Goodison Park to join Real Madrid at the start of June.

The Spaniard is the first person to manage both Merseyside teams since William Edward Barclay in the 1890s.

“I am delighted to be joining Everton. Throughout this process I have been greatly impressed by the ambition shown by the senior representatives at the club and their desire to bring success to this historic club,”

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Nuno is a decent appointment for Spurs. Shocking how long it took for them to replace Mourinho though, given he left before last season even ended.

Everton fans not happy about Benitez, after he was Liverpool's manager for a while. Will be interesting how that plays out, but I don't think it will faze Benitez that the fans don't want him.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Nuno is a decent appointment for Spurs. Shocking how long it took for them to replace Mourinho though, given he left before last season even ended.

Everton fans not happy about Benitez, after he was Liverpool's manager for a while. Will be interesting how that plays out, but I don't think it will faze Benitez that the fans don't want him.

its not because he was a Liverpool manager, well not just that...
he called Everton a small club while at Liverpool is the main gripe.....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Nuno is a decent appointment for Spurs. Shocking how long it took for them to replace Mourinho though, given he left before last season even ended.

I remember that! He's got a mountain to climb imho, a couple of early losses, and they will be on him like a tramp on chips! ( some won't even wait that long!) :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:25 am

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I remember that! He's got a mountain to climb imho, a couple of early losses, and they will be on him like a tramp on chips! ( some won't even wait that long!) :old: :bluebird:

agree,, i cant imagine how bad the meltdown here would be if we appointed an ex jack manager that had called us a small club.... anyway good enough for them... i had one of them tell me up there in the red season ..imagine if a chairman had done that to us { Everton } we would riot and burn the ground down... here is their chance....

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:20 pm

skidemin wrote:

Forgot about that.

I still don't think it'll faze him though. He was also hated at Chelsea but did a good enough job there.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Forgot about that.

I still don't think it'll faze him though. He was also hated at Chelsea but did a good enough job there.

he is a good manager no two ways about that.... but it really is a mountain a big slice of the fans hate him and where as at Chelsea he inherited a top squad who had won the champions league a few months earlier at Everton there is lots of work to be done