Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Amount of fans going to be allowed in for home games

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Interesting:

As the virus is rising rapidly in UK and it might even be made less?

Scotland are thinking of only 25% capacities

England might have to follow

“ At tonight’s Barry Town United AGM. “

“It’s expected that, under current Welsh Government rules, we’ll be allowed to have 400 fans capacity at home matches this season , out home capacity is 3,500”

I wonder how many Cardiff City will be allowed in.

I am renewing my two season tickets :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Amount of fans going to be allowed in for home games

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:32 pm

If all Welsh teams follow suit be tops 4K for Cardiff. If 12 k renew be one in three games. Roughly 8 games a season . Interesting

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:45 pm

All restrictions are supposed to be lifted on 19th July If that's case how is that compatible with restricting footy fans or any other event....tbe other thing is while infections going up hospitalization or deaths are not rising at same rate of previous wave. :old:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:01 pm

What aload of nonsense these clowns are making up, watched 67,000 inside games at the euros and even 50k the other night with the supposed world beaters vs Germany not a fecking mask in sight that night. Couldn't make it up, yet your not safe walking down an empty tesco isle without a mask, f**k sake :roll:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 pm

Packed at Wembley last night. Just watched Andy Murray at a near full centre court. Need to be getting on with it now.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:41 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:What aload of nonsense these clowns are making up, watched 67,000 inside games at the euros and even 50k the other night with the supposed world beaters vs Germany not a fecking mask in sight that night. Couldn't make it up, yet your not safe walking down an empty tesco isle without a mask, f**k sake :roll:

Ahh difference is that all gvmnts use the word "TEST" to justify the large crowds without masks or social distancing ... as I've said restricted crowds at football or any other event will be contrary to their lifting of all restrictions on July 19th.....

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 pm

I can see another lockdown happening myself :sad7: news earlier saying Scotland had 2000 new cases, and are attributing roughly 1250+ to the game at Wembley! ! What with the massive crowds at places throughout England for the Germany game taking place, with absolutely no distancing,there will be a big surge in cases in england too, thus restrictions at games will continue I believe, not what we want, but if they are saying the cases in Scotland are to do with attending the football, then the same will be said of the last game?? Only the crowds were much much larger, and spread out!! I want to be sooooooo wrong, but this is how it's been going lately, with this delta variant the new "stumbling block" to what we as football fans see as a normal Saturday :banghead: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:46 am

pembroke allan wrote:All restrictions are supposed to be lifted on 19th July If that's case how is that compatible with restricting footy fans or any other event....tbe other thing is while infections going up hospitalization or deaths are not rising at same rate of previous wave. :old:

Allan,

The virus is rising at an enormous rate so it’s not guaranteed that all restrictions will be lifted, it never happened last time did it.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:41 am

It's the ongoing obsession with "infections" that will be used, especially by Drakeford, as justification for keeping restrictions in place and even extending them.

To do so is to completely ignore the effect that the vaccination programme is having on hospitalisations and deaths which are the only figures which should be relevant. Before the pandemic did you ever see daily figures for those "infected" with the flu? Or figures for those with a "cold and sore throat"?

Instead of now "protecting the NHS" the aim seems to be to reduce "infections" to zero which will never happen.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:05 am

davids wrote:It's the ongoing obsession with "infections" that will be used, especially by Drakeford, as justification for keeping restrictions in place and even extending them.

To do so is to completely ignore the effect that the vaccination programme is having on hospitalisations and deaths which are the only figures which should be relevant. Before the pandemic did you ever see daily figures for those "infected" with the flu? Or figures for those with a "cold and sore throat"?

Instead of now "protecting the NHS" the aim seems to be to reduce "infections" to zero which will never happen.

Exactly Covid will be with us forever but thanks to the vaccines the UK is in a different place to most of Europe. Also with infections the UK is now actively working to identify cases through surge testing and at this moment the UK are testing 10 times more people daily than Germany and 14 times more than France. The rest of Europe don't even come close to the level of testing in the UK, if they did there is no doubt the UK "Positive" tests would not look that bad. Germany this week has said that the delta variant now accounts for just under 40% on new infections but the difference is vaccinations. Also the vast majority of new infections are in people who have had only one dose of vaccine or none.

The last time the UK had this level of new infections there were around 4,000 hospital admissions a day, at the moment there are around 250 Why? vaccines. The same goes for deaths and people on ventilators both are down massively from January levels.

On July 19th England will go to removing ALL restrictions I have no doubt about that and we will get back our freedoms which will include going to the footie. We may need a vaccine passport, LFT test or wear in face mask in concourse areas and there will be little Drakeford will be able to do about it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:08 am

I have not been gung ho about covid since last year, but we are moving the goalposts a lot.

This is political at number 10 because Brexit Boris doesn't want out pound going over to EU land over the summer and if he can cause enough confusion to stop a lot of brits planning to go over there, the money will be spent in blighty or saved. I think he hopes the nasty EU will make us quarantine over there effectively banning us.

The data and anecdotal evidence is there. I have a very good friend in Londough hospital and younger patients are coming in and leaving after two to three days. They have the data they know who is catching it and what the outcomes have been, a minuscule amount of fully vaccinated people are getting it serious or dying.

I think they were right in delaying the opening by a month. I am 53 and only had my second jab 2 weeks ago, my wife is a few years younger and had hers a week ago, so by that rough calculation, most over 40's should be fully vaccinated by July 19th....

I can't wait to see Drakeford's response to the Autumn rugby internationals (end of Oct).......They have planned big and it needs full crowds.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:14 am

davids wrote:It's the ongoing obsession with "infections" that will be used, especially by Drakeford, as justification for keeping restrictions in place and even extending them.

Spot on. Frankly the Governments in London, Glasgow and Cardiff are running out of excuses.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 am

bluesince62 wrote:I can see another lockdown happening myself :sad7: news earlier saying Scotland had 2000 new cases, and are attributing roughly 1250+ to the game at Wembley! ! What with the massive crowds at places throughout England for the Germany game taking place, with absolutely no distancing,there will be a big surge in cases in england too, thus restrictions at games will continue I believe, not what we want, but if they are saying the cases in Scotland are to do with attending the football, then the same will be said of the last game?? Only the crowds were much much larger, and spread out!! I want to be sooooooo wrong, but this is how it's been going lately, with this delta variant the new "stumbling block" to what we as football fans see as a normal Saturday :banghead: :old: :bluebird:

Basically the Scottish Government are stating the dead bleeding obvious, that the COVID-19 virus (whatever version) is very contagious.

No shit Sherlock we all ready knew that as the original virus spread from China to every part of the world within 3 months in early 2020 :roll:

The goalposts have moved since then but in our favour. Whilst the virus is still contagious (it will continue to cause infections) its effects on how ill people become has been curtailed drastically due to the vaccines.

With the vast majority of the population now immunised with a vaccine we should open up fully on July 19th and build up a natural resistance in the same way we do for other viruses.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:40 am

agree ..personally ive not liked the daily figures and charts from day 1...completely misleading as there are not comparable charts and figures being published or reported to give the whole thing perspective..

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:16 am

I will never go until ALL restrictions are lifted. Bunch of healthy grown men wearing face masks to go to the football aint normal. Not even close. Watching City with a couple of thousand spectators is not my cup of tea at all, not enjoyable,it cant be. If anyone disagrees ,i wish them well, but not for me as a matter of principle. Will still support the team and watch on I player

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am

Wimbledon doesn't seem to be showing any restrictions, social distancing or even wearing of masks. There again we are in wales and the clowns in the send are incapable of making a decision despite our infection rate, hospitalization rate and death rate is well below the other nations. (Per capita)

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:39 am

Well if they allow a capacity crowd into Wembley for the Euros final they will all be completely out of excuses if they don't allow us 25K+ :banghead:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:08 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Well if they allow a capacity crowd into Wembley for the Euros final they will all be completely out of excuses if they don't allow us 25K+ :banghead:

what i have not understood since they started with these reduced attendance things is they say a percentage eg 25% then close 50% of the stadium so its then actually 50% in the parts that are open......not only that but the 50% then gather in groups... so much of it is eye wash and pretense...

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:All restrictions are supposed to be lifted on 19th July If that's case how is that compatible with restricting footy fans or any other event....tbe other thing is while infections going up hospitalization or deaths are not rising at same rate of previous wave. :old:

Allan,

The virus is rising at an enormous rate so it’s not guaranteed that all restrictions will be lifted, it never happened last time did it.

Annis rates are rising expeditiously but signs have peaked in areas previously seeing a rise in cases.... but what is not rising expeditiously is deaths or hospitalisation....
All restrictions are what as been said will happen that should mean social distancing and limits on attendances removed? only thing can see is mask wearing in enclosed areas and possibly double vaccination required.... they will have a job to justify 140k at Silverstone and then 3wks later say sorry only 20% capacity at sporting stadiums? But like you I am sceptical of what the politicians will do especially here in Wales..

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Annis rates are rising expeditiously but signs have peaked in areas previously seeing a rise in cases.... but what is not rising expeditiously is deaths or hospitalisation....
All restrictions are what as been said will happen that should mean social distancing and limits on attendances removed? only thing can see is mask wearing in enclosed areas and possibly double vaccination required.... they will have a job to justify 140k at Silverstone and then 3wks later say sorry only 20% capacity at sporting stadiums? But like you I am sceptical of what the politicians will do especially here in Wales..

Agreed, we were told all the way through that the restrictions were to reduce the number of deaths and hospital admissions.

Thanks to the very successful vaccination program (especially in Wales) neither of those figures are getting anywhere near the previous levels. Therefore, the only real risk of these increased cases is that it can also increase the risk of variants that might be resistant to the vaccine. But even then the scientists seem pretty confident they can adapt the vaccine in pretty short order.

That said, I'm not in favour of removing all restrictions yet because of that ongoing risk of mutation. We should all have proof of vaccination provided to us and some venues, particularly indoors, should insist on that or a negative test result before entry. Track and trace regimes should also remain in place. But if those provisions are in place why would there be a need for reduced capacity too ?

As has been pointed out 97% of recent COVID hospital admissions have been people who haven't chosen or been eligible to have the vaccine yet. Once everyone has been offered the vaccine, if some chose not to have it fair enough but they should have to go through the rigours of getting a regular negative test before having the same freedoms.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:27 pm

As we are still awaiting the amount of fans we can have at home games, we can't make a final judgement, but all along I have suspected the total will be severely restricted.
We obviously still have a percentage of fans who insist on not having the vaccine along with those who can't through health reasons.
I am beginning to think they may go down the road of insisting on people having to be fully vaccinated or having a recent negative test prior to each game.
It's a shame really as if we were all vaccinated, they would have no reason to restrict attendances.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

I've already stated the NHS and emergency services have been told to prepare for a potential lockdown at the end of July and into August...

It's not a guarantee of a Covid-19 'spike' but it is an indication Government experts are worried...

There is far too much belief this pandemic is over but it is not; as Forum money man the B£ue 'Two Jabs' £agoon will find out in August when President Biden stops his claimed vacation to his Florida manse...

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Agreed, we were told all the way through that the restrictions were to reduce the number of deaths and hospital admissions.

Thanks to the very successful vaccination program (especially in Wales) neither of those figures are getting anywhere near the previous levels. Therefore, the only real risk of these increased cases is that it can also increase the risk of variants that might be resistant to the vaccine. But even then the scientists seem pretty confident they can adapt the vaccine in pretty short order.

That said, I'm not in favour of removing all restrictions yet because of that ongoing risk of mutation. We should all have proof of vaccination provided to us and some venues, particularly indoors, should insist on that or a negative test result before entry. Track and trace regimes should also remain in place. But if those provisions are in place why would there be a need for reduced capacity too ?

As has been pointed out 97% of recent COVID hospital admissions have been people who haven't chosen or been eligible to have the vaccine yet. Once everyone has been offered the vaccine, if some chose not to have it fair enough but they should have to go through the rigours of getting a regular negative test before having the same freedoms.

Deaths are near non existent with the delta variant think its 3 in around a month and we actually did something havent done since start of pandemic and that was no deaths in a week so it safe to say that delta variant is not deadly as 1st thought largely to the successful vaccination programme so it's just more transmissable . There as to be compromise and if people choose deliberately not to have vaccine they should have to go through proving they dont have covid ... listening to boris tonight only restrictions he thinks will need is mask wearing and those with covid having to isolate? Otherwise he wants things to be as normal as possible so cannot see stadium events of any kind being restricted in size just protocols put in place to help keep covid down.. but drakeford is a different thing altogether and cannot 2nd guess his mentality come July 19th

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

I've already stated the NHS and emergency services have been told to prepare for a potential lockdown at the end of July and into August...

It's not a guarantee of a Covid-19 'spike' but it is an indication Government experts are worried...

There is far too much belief this pandemic is over but it is not; as Forum money man the B£ue 'Two Jabs' £agoon will find out in August when President Biden stops his claimed vacation to his Florida manse...

If the NHS and emergency services have indeed been told to prepare for a potential lockdown at the end of July and into August is that not an admission that the miracle vaccine which has been pumped into so many people is a failure?

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:19 pm

davids wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

If the NHS and emergency services have indeed been told to prepare for a potential lockdown at the end of July and into August is that not an admission that the miracle vaccine which has been pumped into so many people is a failure?

Why would there be a lockdown? Because of deaths? Hospital admissions? Both vastly less than original pandemic... and I work within health services and this lockdown as not been mentioned within ambulance service where I volunteer or hospital staff who i see on regular basis?
So boris is talking total BS tonight about only having minimal restrictions like mask wearing or isolation for positive cases... got accused of believing the bs on this forum but that's hard not to do with so much on here .... so the worldwide rollout of vaccinations must be the biggest load of BS ever!! :old:

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:41 am

piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

No offence intended here mate, but what of the people who cannot have the jab?? My costs to leave my home would be silly, as to use st Davids etc I'd need a test, and any other establishment who required a test, or do I plan all my needs to fall, at once, thus only needing a small amount of extra cash for testing?? Why should I "go thtough the rigours (and high cost) of regular testing, just for my freedom? :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:47 am

bluesince62 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

No offence intended here mate, but what of the people who cannot have the jab?? My costs to leave my home would be silly, as to use st Davids etc I'd need a test, and any other establishment who required a test, or do I plan all my needs to fall, at once, thus only needing a small amount of extra cash for testing?? Why should I "go thtough the rigours (and high cost) of regular testing, just for my freedom? :old: :bluebird:

Unfortunately most people in this country have been so terrified by the propaganda from all sides that they have forgotten what real freedoms are. They seem to think that anybody exercising their democratic will should have restrictions placed on them! The world has turned upside down. :bluebird:

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:35 am

The July 19th date is for England. I don’t for a minute think Wales will follow suit.I believe the egg are allowed 8000 at the millennium stadium so I’m guessing at 4000 for us

Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:35 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Unfortunately most people in this country have been so terrified by the propaganda from all sides that they have forgotten what real freedoms are. They seem to think that anybody exercising their democratic will should have restrictions placed on them! The world has turned upside down. :bluebird:

So let's have no restrictions no
testing or vaccination as dont work? And let's just get on with life because covid doesnt exist does it?
I just hope your right because if you have covid without knowing it along with all the others who are not bothered about covid and I stand next to a covid carrier in a bar and catch covid I'm dead because of medical condition ... that's acceptable so that people can walk around in total freedom? No easy answers to problems but if you think covid doesn't exist your simply in denial.... :old:

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Full capacity for prem games, apparently. Imagine it'll be the same in the other leagues..... apart from us, the jacks and Newport probably. As dripford will probably have something to say about it.