Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sam Hamamm legend

Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Daya wrote:
maccydee wrote:I know people have polarising views on Sam so the title might cause some against, but it’s my birthday today and Annis messaged him asking him to drop me a message.

He did better than that and called me from Lebanon. It’s his wife’s birthday as well. Nothing to gain apart from doing a nice thing.

Can’t say he didn’t put his heart and soul into our club and was carried away by the passion he felt from us.

I maintain that had he got us to the premier league things would have been very different.

Aside from the football side (which I think he deserves a lot of credit for), for taking the time to call on my birthday I say

Sam, you are a legend.

Salam alaykum

WHOPPIE DOOO - LETS DISCUSS THURSDAY -WILL YOU SHOW UP BIRTHDAY BOY?

I can’t return your private message as you have disabled replies.

What are you actually offering?!

Fame ?

£250 for charity I’m in

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Interestingly, this website generally favours Sam Hammam whilst the other website tends to favour Mr. Tan.
A serious question; why is this?

No idea why there is a difference of opinion between this board and the other one but I do believe I am in a very small group of fans who favours both Sam & Mr. Tan.

It is true both have made monumental mistakes but I believe the good they brought to this club is far more important.

What gets overlooked time and again is the period of PMG & The Riddler which sandwiched the Sam & Tan eras. If you want villains then look no further than those pair.

Have to agree with all you have said :thumbup:

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Legend my arse!

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:16 am

Daya wrote:Legend my arse!

Depends on individual choice. Personally I think Sam H is a legend you obviously think differently. :)

Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:35 pm

Depends on individual choice. Personally I think Sam H is a legend you obviously think differently. :)

Sam was/is a 'legend' at this club and the history books will show that to be the case; albeit with a slightly blotted copy book towards the end

Could he make a comeback? That's the $m dollar question...

Personally, if he could get past the current owner, I think yes; but that is just my opinion based on what I know about the current situation regarding both men and their genuine 'desire' for this club going forward

Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Sven wrote:

Sam was/is a 'legend' at this club and the history books will show that to be the case; albeit with a slightly blotted copy book towards the end

Personally, if he could get past the current owner, I think yes; but that is just my opinion based on what I know about the current situation regarding both men and their genuine 'desire' for this club gong forward

Better the devil we know :wave:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:37 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

Personally, if he could get past the current owner, I think yes; but that is just my opinion based on what I know about the current situation regarding both men and their genuine 'desire' for this club gong forward

I've often said that, Karl :thumbup:

In this instanced we appear to have a dearth of 'Devils' and both have their plusses and minuses... :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

In this instanced we appear to have a dearth of 'Devils' and both have their plusses and minuses... :ayatollah:

Chris, We’ve certainly had a few dodgy ones however the club still continues on. If only we could merge their better points we’d have someone in charge who could really do something special :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:53 pm

Sven wrote:

Personally, if he could get past the current owner, I think yes; but that is just my opinion based on what I know about the current situation regarding both men and their genuine 'desire' for this club going forward

Chris
My views on sam are well known ... but seriously it was a circus with sam tan made us into a circus act.....and do we really want to go back to being a circus again under sam? We need new blood as owners not go backwards.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, We’ve certainly had a few dodgy ones however the club still continues on. If only we could merge their better points we’d have someone in charge who could really do something special :ayatollah:

Always the dream for me.

Sam running the football side, Tan involved business wise.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Before Sam came to our Club we were going nowhere fast.

We were a mess on and off the pitch, my Dad was one of the few who met Sam at the Friendly Hotel with Annis and a few others.

Whilst there is no doubt Sam made mistakes he started us on the path to where we are now that is an undeniable fact. Sam woke up the 'Sleeping Giant' but the truth is we were not as big as many of us thought we were.

He made mistakes but did a lot of good and for that reason he is a legend here in my eyes.

Vincent Tan. I know this thread isn't about Tan but I also think Tan has done a lot of good for us and am grateful to him for his financial support but he can never be a legend, its like trying to love a woman you know has cheated on you

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Sven wrote:

Not being antagonistic, but I don't see a genuine desire by Tan to move this club forward

Early years maybe, but the last few years have been very tough as a fan, with little desire by Tan other than to get out with as much cash as possible ( most would say that is very sensible) which has meant halting our 'progress'

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

Always the dream for me.

Sam running the football side, Tan involved business wise.

I said exactly this to Annis a little while back, anx in the order you select too.

For me, if that were possible, we could really take the stup up to the next level, and stay there.