Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season ticket refund

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:27 pm

I emailed the club earlier and asked for a refund on last seasons unused season ticket I will not be renewing due to a change in circumstances . Had this reply ...
"Hi Gareth

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid we are unable to refund you as this was stated in the terms and conditions when you purchased your season ticket. 

I have checked your Bluebirds account and you have a credit of £279. This can used by renewing your season ticket or in the club shop. 

Kind Regards,

Jenna 

Ticket Office Team "

I don't want to renew and I don't want anything in the club shop .
What happens next what should I do ? anyone got any ideas ?

Re: Season ticket refund

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:38 pm

If you paid by credit card you could approach the credit card company - and say you have not received what you paid for - so they the credit card company need to refund you under their indemnity.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:42 pm

Robb..... bas......

Wait for it...... ,lol,lol. The club is acting correctly and fans can just get shafted. How about thinking for our level and not corporates. These lot dont give a fu.. about you. Clap all you want....... but ......

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:08 pm

The club did similar to me when we were relegated from Prem. I renewed early in top tier halfway line and told its shut. Offered me shit seats pitch level on corner flag. Told them no f*cking chance as will get pissed right through. Complaint went to W Nash, Marketing Director, Sales Director and every man and his dog. Asked to speak to Ken Choo but he never rang back. Been watching City over 50 years and eventually got a refund for my seat and my Grandsons and we travel from Chesterfield hone and away. The club don’t give a shit.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:36 am

Some good information here .
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... kdown-laws

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:44 am

Two areas of law apply here.

Frustration of Contract and Unfair Contract Terms Act

The first area would clearly entitle you to a refund because the contract was "frustrated"-couldn't be performed-due to covid. The club don't have a leg to stand on in this respect.

However they would argue that the possibility of this was anticipated and the terms and conditions- which you agreed to- set out the alternative ways the contract could be performed e.g. use the money for next season. The club are on stronger ground here but under the Unfair Contract Terms Act and subsequent legislation they would need to show that the term was both reasonable, clearly brought to your attention and understandable.

The club i have heard have taken legal advice on their stance over season tickets and are confident they are ok( says a lot about how much they care about fans). Given the legal advice they have received to date re the Sala case i wouldn't take much notice of this!-I Reckon its 50/50, so it may be worth threatening legal action in the small claims court.

Those who subscribed last year effectively gave the club an interest free loan and to repay that loyalty by shafting them is disgraceful.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:37 am

JJ1927 wrote:Two areas of law apply here.

The first area would clearly entitle you to a refund because the contract was "frustrated"-couldn't be performed-due to covid. The club don't have a leg to stand on in this respect.

However they would argue that the possibility of this was anticipated and the terms and conditions- which you agreed to- set out the alternative ways the contract could be performed e.g. use the money for next season. The club are on stronger ground here but under the Unfair Contract Terms Act and subsequent legislation they would need to show that the term was both reasonable, clearly brought to your attention and understandable.

The club i have heard have taken legal advice on their stance over season tickets and are confident they are ok( says a lot about how much they care about fans). Given the legal advice they have received to date re the Sala case i wouldn't take much notice of this!-I Reckon its 50/50, so it may be worth threatening legal action in the small claims court.

Those who subscribed last year effectively gave the club an interest free loan and to repay that loyalty by shafting them is disgraceful.

i dont like being critical of our club but legal advice ? hows about just doing the correct thing... not only could people not get in the stadium last season but there is no guarantee that they be allowed this coming season...
agree a disgrace , also think those moved from the upper Ninian and offered crap seats was a disgrace too....{ its something i had considered up grading to for the coming season but then dismissed remembering how shabbily those that did likewise were treated previously...

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:08 am

skidemin wrote:

i dont like being critical of our club but legal advice ? hows about just doing the correct thing... not only could people not get in the stadium last season but there is no guarantee that they be allowed this coming season...
agree a disgrace , also think those moved from the upper Ninian and offered crap seats was a disgrace too....{ its something i had considered up grading to for the coming season but then dismissed remembering how shabbily those that did likewise were treated previously...

The truth is it’s the CCFC Committee in my opinion from day one have No idea how to run our club and don’t care one bit about our fans that’s why they’ve been voted 80 odd out of 92 clubs as the worst for caring for its own fans.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The truth is it’s the CCFC Committee in my opinion from day one have No idea how to run our club and don’t care one bit about our fans that’s why they’ve been voted 80 odd out of 92 clubs as the worst for caring for its own fans.

Annis, people will say "but they pay the wages, and keep us afloat". To this I would say so do 99.9% of other clubs committees, and yet that doesnt give them a moral right to a) use its fans the way they do b) interfere in the playing side as has ALWAYS been suggested and c) use the club as a toy for a billionaire.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Annis, people will say "but they pay the wages, and keep us afloat". To this I would say so do 99.9% of other clubs committees, and yet that doesnt give them a moral right to a) use its fans the way they do b) interfere in the playing side as has ALWAYS been suggested and c) use the club as a toy for a billionaire.

The "committee's do not pay the bills, the owner does@

Interference in the playing side, as Has always been SUGGESTED!! but nothing to prove this is/has been true??

And lastly you do realise our owner is,and hasnt been a billionaire for a while, especially with covid!!

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:34 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The "committee's do not pay the bills, the owner does@

Interference in the playing side, as Has always been SUGGESTED!! but nothing to prove this is/has been true??

And lastly you do realise our owner is,and hasnt been a billionaire for a while, especially with covid!!

In any kind of buisness if you do not know how to run it you soon go bankrupt and out buisness.... so guess there's still time ? :o

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Had another email from the club today

Hi, 

Thank you for your email, 

The information was detailed within the initial launch of season tickets that no cash refund would be offered in the event of fixtures being played behind closed doors. You will find this in the link below.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

A season ticket is a non refundable product however due to Covid 19 when season tickets were placed on sale the club confirmed that should fixtures be played behind closed doors the credit would be available on the monies paid for season tickets.

We do understand some people will still feel apprehensive about attending football stadiums for the 21/22 season or circumstances may have changed and therefore the club are now allowing credit to be used in the club shop.

Kind Regards,

Jourdan

Ticket Office Team 

Cardiff City Football Club

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:01 pm

I'd struggle to find anything to spend £2 on in the club shop let alone 200 odd quid!

You could cover your garden in CCFC gnomes I suppose.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:26 pm

No refund then, and yet the club can pay up players contracts and piss away money on silly transfer fees. Us and them!!

Basically they are saying fu... off , you are not important, know your place in the food chain and buy some merchandise in the shop.

Excuse me for calling this industry out. Fu.. your merchandise and your garden gnomes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:48 am

DOCKER DAVIES wrote:Had another email from the club today

Hi, 

The information was detailed within the initial launch of season tickets that no cash refund would be offered in the event of fixtures being played behind closed doors. You will find this in the link below.

A season ticket is a non refundable product however due to Covid 19 when season tickets were placed on sale the club confirmed that should fixtures be played behind closed doors the credit would be available on the monies paid for season tickets.

We do understand some people will still feel apprehensive about attending football stadiums for the 21/22 season or circumstances may have changed and therefore the club are now allowing credit to be used in the club shop.

Kind Regards,

Jourdan

Ticket Office Team 

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:48 am

JJ1927 wrote:
DOCKER DAVIES wrote:Had another email from the club today

Hi, 

Kind Regards,

Jourdan

Ticket Office Team 

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 am

Another bullshit reply
Off assistant mangager ticket office

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your support over the last 51 years, it is supporters such as yourself who have helped the Club develop to be where it is today. However, Season Tickets are not a refundable product.

Please see the first article that was released in relation to 20/21 Season Tickets before the launch of the Season Ticket Campaign, this was before the club was aware if fixtures were due to be played behind closed doors: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/20 ... -wednesday

Please see the following quotation which is taken from the article:

“Whilst we appreciate that not all supporters may wish (or be able to make use of) streaming services, there will be no price reduction or cash refund to a season ticket available in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Like I said, fans are way down their lisy of priorities Millionaire players first, then agents . Clap all you want and sing their name but these fu... couldn't give a flying fu.... about you.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:50 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Like I said, fans are way down their lisy of priorities Millionaire players first, then agents . Clap all you want and sing their name but these fu... couldn't give a flying fu.... about you.

Fu... Moneyman Choo is back again! :laughing6:

Whinges at the bourgeoisie from a claimed proletariat position, yet spends his hard-earned supplying said riches to those at the top...

You pays your money, you makes your choice

You couldn't even make it up in a Brian Rix farce... :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:05 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Like I said, fans are way down their lisy of priorities Millionaire players first, then agents . Clap all you want and sing their name but these fu... couldn't give a flying fu.... about you.

you couldnt give two hoots about this fellas refund or anything else purely on merit , just want an excuse to put the record on again....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ho ... ORM=VDRVRV

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:14 pm

skidemin wrote:

you couldnt give two hoots about this fellas refund or anything else purely on merit , just want an excuse to put the record on again....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ho ... ORM=VDRVRV

It's a very flimsy record of late and in danger of cracking up (either record of poster...!) ;) :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Yep, im playing it. What a silly comeback reply. Of course I care, ffs ,ffs. It proves my point on these robbing bast....

Keep sticking up for the millionaires Sven and team.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:52 pm

Its shit for the OP but its one of the reasons I didn't buy a season ticket for last season and won't for next season because we just don't know whats going to happen and whilst I would have loved to have helped the Club out financially I couldn't afford to take the risk.

I do sympathise but if it was all paid out in the T&C's you probably won't have leg to stand on.

I'm not saying that's right by the way, its just what we are living in, everybody needs to be carefull with every decision they make right now. If you think Football is bad, have a look at the DVLA, National scandal going on right before our eyes.