Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Wilson / Brentford / Fulham both interested / Cardiff

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Brentford and Fulham linked with Liverpool's Harry Wilson

Friday 2nd July 2021

Cardiff City target Harry Wilson is more likely to sign for Fulham or Brentford than Portuguese side Benfica, according to Goal.

Brentford and Fulham both have the funds to buy Harry Wilson and Liverpool are willing to accept between £10million to £15million.

The Bluebirds have let Liverpool know their interest in taking Wilson back on loan next term, however they appear resigned to the fact that the Anfield club are looking to sell him in this window.

The Bluebirds have no funds, so the best they can hope for is a loan deal.

In recent days, it came to light that Benfica are among the clubs to have asked about the player's availability.

Portuguese giants Benfica register interest in Harry Wilson

However, in Thursday's report by Goal, it is claimed that a permanent switch to West London clubs Brentford or Fulham are "more realistic options".

Brentford, of course, will be playing in the Premier League next season, having beaten Swansea City in the Championship play-off final.

Fulham, meanwhile, will be back in the Championship after a disappointing top-flight campaign. While Wilson will no doubt want Premier League football, the Cottagers will have more than enough cash to finance a move, one would think.

Wilson scored seven goals and provided 12 assists during his season-long loan stint with the Bluebirds.

Re: Harry Wilson / Brentford / Fulham both interested / Card

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:12 pm

I think someone like Brentford in the Prem is about his level.
Of course, I’d take him back on loan (it won’t happen) but I I think he’s over rated at 10-15mil.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Swansea , are asking to take him on loan . Too expensive last year , but they have a bit of spare cash since Ayew has gone .
Surely if its another loan deal , we should be enquiring ?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:14 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I think someone like Brentford in the Prem is about his level.
Of course, I’d take him back on loan (it won’t happen) but I I think he’s over rated at 10-15mil.

Agree .